Any Good Movies Out There?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heh0815

Feb 13, 2008
With all this political election taking up the news cycle and the lack of family-friendly films coming out of Hollywood....is there anything out there that anybody would recommend for a family night at home?Thanks!

jtipton504

Feb 13, 2008
It seems like you can't even go to the movies anymore with the filth that's out there. I mainly stick to DVDs.Facing the Giants was well done, the "Love" series from Janette Oke is always pretty good (pretty sappy, but good), anything that Michael Landon, Jr. does is usually good like the Last Sin Eater. There is a movie coming out that I'm really interested in called The Final Inquiry that is supposed to be about the investigation by the Roman Empire into the death of Jesus and whether or not he was the messiah or not.

G

Godrocks

Winnie the Pooh....? Whoa mate, just hang lose and watch something that you can chill to... No matter the hidden message behind text.

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
Try and find Late one night. It was only like 20-30 mins but it's one of the most powerful shorts that I've ever seen. It can be a lead in to a great discussion.

iamYours

Oct 8, 2007
I came across this movie on google. If its the one you are on about.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...13434331287538
What's is the title of the movie? Thanks
smile.gif

i love god

Apr 16, 2008
well there are movies that wernt put out by hollywood and othere like cloudten pictures it is a christian movie company thing that makes good movies like left behind 1,2,and 3 and makes lots of good christian movies maybe you sholdent watch this new un christian movies. becous my older sis and her husband tryde downloading movies all they culde find was filth and more filth

Joe Cervasio

Apr 16, 2008
It's not new. It's a 1972-ish film with Gene Wilder as a Polish rabbi who goes west, and meets up with a nogoodnik who's not all bad, played bu a very young Harrison Ford.It's not "Blazing Saddles" funny -- it's a gentler, sweeter humor. But I liked it very much.

jtipton504

Feb 13, 2008
If you're looking for a great film for the kids, there is one coming out called Ace of Hearts that has Dean Cain in it. I haven't heard anything about Nim Island but would like to know if anybody has seen it and what they think....

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
I saw it. It was ok. I don't recall anything that was to bad with the film other than the overused animal best friend. It was more interesting to me to see the father in this film since the last film I saw him in was 300. I'd take a 12+ to see this it's more of a father daughter movie. A young boy may or may not like it as much.

narcolepticsloth

Dec 21, 2008
i liked fireproof a lot more than facing the giants...not really a sports fan and it didn't appeal to me. (i am a movie buff so its mostly my fault) but fireproof was surprisingly good. you should watch that one

sj1

Oct 22, 2008
Thanks for the thoughts on Fireproof. Quite honestly I have to put Facing the Giants as my favorite move ever. I've heard that Fireproof is even better.Anybody see Narnia Prince Caspian?sj.