Any Sects That Do Not Practice Music?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
Appreciate your response. We are a New Testament church. We do not take our pattern for worship from the Old Testament. Let me reassure you...we don't sacrifice animals either. In the time of David, it is apparent instruments of music were used. No problem. But it was never a direct command of God, in the days of the tabernacle.
In Jesus day, there was no mention of instruments in the temple worship. I cannot say to you that it is wrong to have instruments, but it is certainly not wrong to NOT have them either. I actually enjoy it. The whole congregation gets to participate in it. (singing)

all the best...

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
forgivenWretch said:
Seems to me we are supposed to be Christ's church, and follow His Word, the whole Word?

Help me here please. I am a little confused by this statement. Are you saying that Christian worship MUST have instrumental music? You'll have to bring forth some scripture.

all the best...

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
kay-gee said:
forgivenWretch said:
Seems to me we are supposed to be Christ's church, and follow His Word, the whole Word?

Help me here please. I am a little confused by this statement. Are you saying that Christian worship MUST have instrumental music? You'll have to bring forth some scripture.

all the best...

I think there is still freedom in the church. I guess you can do anything you want.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
haplotype said:
I would rather be a Christian than a Muslim, but so far all the sects I have encountered insist on a lot of music during their services -- women playing guitars, choirs with their celebrity status, lay members having to sing complex hymns and what not. I feel it distracts from the message. Are there sects that do not practice music? I've been to a Catholic church also, but they're into this music idol mentality as well. At least in Islam, the emphasis is on the message, not the sounds.
Some churches place an overemphasis on music and many over amplify sound. This type of religious bondage is driven by a particularly obstinate demonic "strongman" . In my experience those who challenge the misguided leaders that promote this undisciplined domination are likely to be considered in rebellion and unsubmissive. Some so-called Christian events where loud music is idolised supply earplugs for those who complain. God will judge all this soon.