Any thoughts on this? No exploding heads please.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if you ARE actually a “former Catholic” – you were an ignorant one.
Only an ignorant Catholic would believe that idolatry is taught by the Church.

I OPENLY CHALLENGE you to sho me a SINGLE teaching from the Catechism that promotes “idolatry”.

And when you fail to produce one – I expect an apology . . .
Compare the popes to PETER . Peter rebuked folks for kneeling before him
The CC popes have men to kiss rings and not only kneel but call them MOST HOLY this or that .
The CC is bankrupt of the very apostels of Christ and the very Christ they claim they follow .
Flee it . I wish only good for your soul . I wish only LIFE for you . FLee that place.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, let's SEE
Angels that indulged sexual perversions with strange flesh

the true meaning remains intact = nothing changes
1675453383601.png
I thought I'd post this since the Greek reading settles some of these questions, I think. The literal Greek is more, "the same manner as these", that is, as the angels who left their oiketerion, their celestial body.

Much love!

Reactions: David in NJ

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , the vatican and popes whom claim they are of the church just want to silence the voices of those who do speak truth .
Another impotent remark from the KING of impotent remarks.

Always bloviating - but NO substance . . .
Ever wonder why they were called secondary . exactly .
Follow Christ and not the RCC . I will say the same to others , FOLLOW CHRIST and beware of the many within the protestant realm
too .
Ever wonder why there are almost TWO HUNDRED quotes and refeerences to those 7 Books on the pages of the New Testament??

Ever
wonder why Jesus and the NT writers studied from those Books ?
Here’s a TEST for you, Einstein . . .

Heb. 11:35 - Paul teaches about the martyrdom of the mother and her sons.
Question: WHERE
does this story come from??
Answer: It comes from 2 Maccabees 7:1-42, one of the Books of God that YOU reject.

In Eph. 6:13-17 – Paul describes the whole discussion of armor, helmet, breastplate, sword, and shield.
Question: WHERE does this almost verbatim description come from??
Answer: It comes from the Book of Wisdom 5:17-20, another one of the Books of God that YOU reject.

Stop rejecting God and His Word, my confused friend

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am glad you responded today because i prayed for you last night

Friend, lay hold of the Right Hand of Fellowship of the Father thru Jesus Christ and Him Alone

The first step of faith begins on our knees before the LORD and Savior Jesus Christ

The second step of faith is believing His Word and exalting His Word above all other voices you have listened to.

The third step of faith is letting go of that which we were once apart of this world including religion that cannot save us.

There is no shame
in the Hall of Faith
whereby men surrendered all
to gain God's Strength

Rejected by men to gain God's Strength
Laying hold of the Name that went to Great Length

no other Name, no other place
can we find God's Grace
Just a I thought.
I openly-challenged you to substantiate your foul LIE that the Catholic Church teaches idolatry" - and you DODGED the issue.

As I warned you before - God HATES lies and the LIARS who proliferate them . . .

Rev. 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

• Wow

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Follow Christ and not the RCC . I will say the same to others , FOLLOW CHRIST and beware of the many within the protestant realm
too .
Follow Christ and not the RCC??? You have no idea how stupid and insulting this remark is. You do it automatically without thinking. The CC constantly tells us to follow Christ. Grow up out of your fundie ghetto and cease with the stupid, uncharitable zingers.
and beware of the many within the protestant realm
A disclaimer that makes you a pope in a church of one. You have no pastor, no bishops, not even a church. Your self acclaimed authority is out of pride, setting yourself as judge of "many within the protestant realm". That makes you an anti-Protestant anti-Catholic troll.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compare the popes to PETER . Peter rebuked folks for kneeling before him
The CC popes have men to kiss rings and not only kneel but call them MOST HOLY this or that .
The CC is bankrupt of the very apostels of Christ and the very Christ they claim they follow .
Flee it . I wish only good for your soul . I wish only LIFE for you . FLee that place.
The Pope does NOT demand worship - NOR does he demand that anyone kiss his ring. That is another idiotic lie on your part because you're a dishonest anti-Catholic - which is actually redundant . . .
Any adulation given to the Pope is is an expression of the "agape" form of love - nor worship.

• Wow
Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a I thought.
I openly-challenged you to substantiate your foul LIE that the Catholic Church teaches idolatry" - and you DODGED the issue.

As I warned you before - God HATES lies and the LIARS who proliferate them . . .

Rev. 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Catholic Idolatry 101 = Pray to Mary, statues, rosary beads, asking the priest for forgives, praying repetitious prayers for forgiveness.......

• Love

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
too .
I've got news for you, Einstein -
If you're a Baptized Christian - and you're neither a Catholic or Orthodox - YOU are a Protestant by definition.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic Idolatry 101 = Pray to Mary, statues, rosary beads, asking the priest for forgives, praying repetitious prayers for forgiveness.......
Anti-Catholil Stupidity 101 . . .

Idolatry is the WORSHIP of anyone or anything other than God.
EVERYBODY who ASKS a question or REQUESTS a favor "PRAYS" to one another.

As to your UNBIBLICAL hatred of repetitious prayer -
In Matt. 26:44, our JESUS himself prayed the EXACT SAME PRAYER three times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:7, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

In Luke 18:13, the tax collector REPEATEDLY beat his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.

We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the EXACT SAME PRAYER day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

Psalm 136
goes on for 26 verses in a row, repeating the EXACT SAME PRAYER, “God's love endures forever”.

In Dan. 3:56-88 we read the EXACT SAME PRAYER for 32 verses, which is “bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.” T

So , once AGAIN - I challenge you to show me a SINGLE teaching from the Catechism that teaches Idolatry,.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatry is the WORSHIP of anyone or anything other than God.
EVERYBODY who ASKS a question or REQUESTS a favor "PRAYS" to one another.

As to your UNBIBLICAL hatred of repetitious prayer -
In Matt. 26:44, our JESUS himself prayed the EXACT SAME PRAYER three times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:7, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

In Luke 18:13, the tax collector REPEATEDLY beat his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.

We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the EXACT SAME PRAYER day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

Psalm 136
goes on for 26 verses in a row, repeating the EXACT SAME PRAYER, “God's love endures forever”.

In Dan. 3:56-88 we read the EXACT SAME PRAYER for 32 verses, which is “bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.” T

So , once AGAIN - I challenge you to show me a SINGLE teaching from the Catechism that teaches Idolatry,.

Motives

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Idolatry

The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God. Scripture constantly recalls this rejection of "idols, [of] silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see." These empty idols make their worshippers empty: "Those who make them are like them; so are all who trust in them."42 God, however, is the "living God"43 who gives life and intervenes in history.

2113 Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon."44 Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast"45 refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.46

2114 Human life finds its unity in the adoration of the one God. The commandment to worship the Lord alone integrates man and saves him from an endless disintegration. Idolatry is a perversion of man's innate religious sense. An idolater is someone who "transfers his indestructible notion of God to anything other than God."47

footnotes:
42 Ps 115:4-5, 8; cf. Isa 44:9-20; Jer 10:1-16; Dan 14:1-30; Bar 6; Wis 13:1-15:19.
43 Josh 3:10; Ps 42:3; etc.
44 Mt 6:24.
45 Cf. Rev 13-14.
46 Cf. Gal 5:20; Eph 5:5.
47 Origen, Contra Celsum 2,40G 11,861.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatry

The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God. Scripture constantly recalls this rejection of "idols, [of] silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; eyes, but do not see." These empty idols make their worshippers empty: "Those who make them are like them; so are all who trust in them."42 God, however, is the "living God"43 who gives life and intervenes in history.

2113 Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. It remains a constant temptation to faith. Idolatry consists in divinizing what is not God. Man commits idolatry whenever he honors and reveres a creature in place of God, whether this be gods or demons (for example, satanism), power, pleasure, race, ancestors, the state, money, etc. Jesus says, "You cannot serve God and mammon."44 Many martyrs died for not adoring "the Beast"45 refusing even to simulate such worship. Idolatry rejects the unique Lordship of God; it is therefore incompatible with communion with God.46

2114 Human life finds its unity in the adoration of the one God. The commandment to worship the Lord alone integrates man and saves him from an endless disintegration. Idolatry is a perversion of man's innate religious sense. An idolater is someone who "transfers his indestructible notion of God to anything other than God."47

footnotes:
42 Ps 115:4-5, 8; cf. Isa 44:9-20; Jer 10:1-16; Dan 14:1-30; Bar 6; Wis 13:1-15:19.
45 Cf. Rev 13-14.
47 Origen, Contra Celsum 2,40:pG 11,861.

Thank You - your description perfectly applies to that which roman catholicism teaches its constituents
i know beacuse i was conceived and raised a roman catholic

the Good News is that the Name above all names is preached in RCC and only God knows the hearts

don't forget the wafer god

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatry

footnotes:
45 Cf. Rev 13-14.
47 Origen, Contra Celsum 2,40:pG 11,861.

What about Genesis ch6 and the "sons of God who came into the daughters of men"

What do you see in Gen ch6?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank You - your description perfectly applies to that which roman catholicism teaches its constituents

don't forget the wafer god
Sometimes the report button works, and vile off-topic posts get deleted. Sometimes it doesn't. I'll keep reporting you until the stench disappears. I encourage everyone to report David's unjustifiable hatred and inflammatory off-topic derailers.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the report button works, and vile off-topic posts get deleted. Sometimes it doesn't. I'll keep reporting you until the stench disappears. I encourage everyone to report David's unjustifiable hatred.

What hatred?

i do not hate you or anyone on here = see Post #400

my testimony is in Christ, whereby i was saved from sin

What about the Thread Topic? Genesis ch6 "sons of God came into the daughters of men"

What do you see in Scripture relating to this topic?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What hatred?

i do not hate you or anyone on here = see Post #400

my testimony is in Christ, whereby i was saved from sin

What about the Thread Topic? Genesis ch6 "sons of God came into the daughters of men"

What do you see in Scripture relating to this topic?
The hatred that causes you to LIE about what the Catholic Church teaches.

You keep claiming that you were "once a Catholic" and that you know for CERTAIN that we "Worsjip" people and things other than God - yet you CANNOT give me a SINGLE example.

IF you were indeed a Catholic - you were an extremely ignorant one . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.