Any thoughts on this? No exploding heads please.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was called the son of God having been directly created by God. Seth was not called the son of God, instead, he was the son of Adam.

Much love!
If you wanted to distinguish between the chosen branch and the rejected branch, I can see calling one branch sons of God and calling the other branch sons of mankind. But my brain thinks how it thinks.
Im looking for two things - a preponderance of evidence and where I may have some unknown leaven.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many questions are answered by simply letting the Bible interpret itself.

Much love!
What has been hidden from the minds of men is this = His Word is a Children's Book, adults find it frustratingly simple and feel the need to make corrections 'on their own'.

Reactions: marks

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it help to look at it this way?
More moonpies.

1675186588185.png

1675186495666.png

Let the shrieking begin.
I have an absolute, rather than relative epistemology. While some things require orientation, like directions, most things are absolute.

The notion of absolutes is roundly rejected by both the deconstructionists and the mystics. So, let's give two examples of things that are absolute. Absolute statements & Yesterday. A reference to the past is not a reference to the present or the future. Compare.
  • There are no absolutes.
  • There are absolutes.
The 1st statement is inherently contradictory, which is the foundation of deconstructionists and the mystics. Nothing is true except the dogma that nothing is true. It is merely a complicated way of saying that there is truth. All truth is absolute.

The absolutes I presented above have a special term, The Law of Non-contradiction. It means that a thing cannot be what it isn't. It is also called the Law of Identity, denoted as A is A. Things are what they are.

This whole thread is based on supposition. You assert that one 'could look at it from a certain POV.' That's true and it's opposite is also true because that is the nature of conjecture. From my POV, you want the bloodline assertion to be true. An intelligent mind can rationalize anything. So, have at it. My favorite moonpie consumer.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many questions are answered by simply letting the Bible interpret itself.

Much love!
Keep in mind that your coffee remains intact as whole beans until your arrival upon which they are fresh ground and brewed.

Is that Phillip Translator Device available???

What if i pour the coffee on my keyboard while responding to you..........???

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just not the way the Scriptures present it. Again, I'd suggest examining every place the term appears, and look at exactly how it is, and is not, used.

Interesting topic!

Much love!
I’m currently, alongside the conversation, doing that, as I said previously I was going to do.
I find it interesting too! I’m not sure where it will lead but I think it will end where it began, with another branch marked for rejection

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More moonpies.

View attachment 29013

View attachment 29012

I have an absolute, rather than relative epistemology. While some things require orientation, like directions, most things are absolute.

The notion of absolutes is roundly rejected by both the deconstructionists and the mystics. So, let's give one example of something that is absolute. Yesterday. A reference to the past is not a reference to the present or the future.

This absolute has a special term, The Law of Non-contradiction. It means that a thing cannot be what it isn't. It is also called the Law of Identity, denoted as A is A. Things are what they are.

This whole thread is based on supposition. You assert that one 'could look at it from a certain POV.' That's true and it's opposite is also true because that is the nature of conjecture. From my POV, you want the bloodline assertion to be true. An intelligent mind can rationalize anything. So, have at it. My favorite moonpie consumer.
I didn’t have time, or the desire, to really follow that but your baby picture (and intended connection to a diaper and me making moonpies) cracked me up. :D

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More moonpies.

View attachment 29013

View attachment 29012

The notion of absolutes is roundly rejected by both the deconstructionists and the mystics. So, let's give one example of something that is absolute. Yesterday. A reference to the past is not a reference to the present or the future.

This absolute has a special term, The Law of Non-contradiction. It means that a thing cannot be what it isn't. It is also called the Law of Identity, denoted as A is A. Things are what they are.

i find your statement here quite intiguingly humorous = "The notion of absolutes is roundly rejected by both the deconstructionists and the mystics. So, let's give one example of something that is absolute. Yesterday. A reference to the past is not a reference to the present or the future."

In this LIGHT =
Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear and obey what is written in it, because the time is near.
Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him—even those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and was and is to come—the Almighty.

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. But He placed His right hand on me and said, “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, the Living One. I was dead, and behold, now I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of Death and of Hades.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that your coffee remains intact as whole beans until your arrival upon which they are fresh ground and brewed.

Is that Phillip Translator Device available???

What if i pour the coffee on my keyboard while responding to you..........???
LOL!!!

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the scriptures presenting it that way. Your mind doesn’t. Two different minds.

Brother Marks elevated the factual reality of Scriptural accuracy = "only Adam was a son of God, all that came forth from Adam were sons of Adam"

Your will/mind will make a choice, as all do, to either agree or disagree with = "it is written".

God's will for your life(everyone's) is this = Ephesians 4:11-16

"that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ"

Peace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you wanted to distinguish between the chosen branch and the rejected branch, I can see calling one branch sons of God and calling the other branch sons of mankind. But my brain thinks how it thinks.
Im looking for two things - a preponderance of evidence and where I may have some unknown leaven.
I suppose I could see that also, but unless I have some compelling reason, I just take it like I find it. I find the Bible has consistency in how God uses His terms, but that's just me.

Much love!

Reactions: David in NJ

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose I could see that also, but unless I have some compelling reason, I just take it like I find it. I find the Bible has consistency in how God uses His terms, but that's just me.

Much love!
Oh that’s not really what we do though. We don’t just take it like we find it. None of us do. We take it through filters of our own assumptions, assumptions of others, learned doctrines we hear repeated, life experiences, prejudices, hopes, fears, and more I haven’t listed.

And there is not foolproof consistency of terms so you can’t just treat it all that way and hope to always be correct - satan is a snake/serpent and Jesus is a snake/serpent on a pole that men look to to be saved?

The scripture I temporarily removed the parts from that were clouding the thing I was trying to focus on shows that we sometimes can’t even apply basic reading comprehension to it by reason of our filters!
There were nephilim on earth in those days, when the Sons of God came into the daughters of mankind.
There were chickens in the yard when I was a young girl, when my parents raised me.
If you “take that sentence like you find it,” is your conclusion that I was raised by chickens? (Wrangler can have a field day with that sentence. I’m writing the jokes myself! :jest:)
But no, you don’t arrive at that conclusion. But why not? I’ve applied the same logic (or lack thereof) and the same hidden rule as you applied to the first sentence.
Have you taken both sentences as they are? Or have you filtered the first one through something?

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh that’s not really what we do though. We don’t just take it like we find it. None of us do. We take it through filters of our own assumptions, assumptions of others, learned doctrines we hear repeated, life experiences, prejudices, hopes, fears, and more I haven’t listed.

And there is not foolproof consistency of terms so you can’t just treat it all that way and hope to always be correct - satan is a snake/serpent and Jesus is a snake/serpent on a pole that men look to to be saved?

The scripture I temporarily removed the parts from that were clouding the thing I was trying to focus on shows that we sometimes can’t even apply basic reading comprehension to it by reason of our filters!
There were nephilim on earth in those days, when the Sons of God came into the daughters of mankind.
There were chickens in the yard when I was a young girl, when my parents raised me.
If you “take that sentence like you find it,” is your conclusion that I was raised by chickens? (Wrangler can have a field day with that sentence. I’m writing the jokes myself! :jest:)
But no, you don’t arrive at that conclusion. But why not? I’ve applied the same logic (or lack thereof) and the same hidden rule as you applied to the first sentence.
Have you taken both sentences as they are? Or have you filtered the first one?

Your sentence comparison was not properly/logically applied to the apparent conclusion.

example: What statement of fact found in "There were nephilim on earth in those days, when the Sons of God came into the daughters of mankind." that was not carried over into "There were chickens in the yard when I was a young girl, when my parents raised me." ???

Therefore an erroneous conclusion occurs because the logical context was not applied to the sentence comparison.

This same human logic application is often used as a basis/standard for scriptural evaluation which opens the door for erroneous interpretaions/conclusions = all based on so-called 'logic'.

The Way that is given to us does not generate from within us since we are lacking the Essence of Truth which only comes from the Spirit of Truth.
The Spirit of Truth cannot be logically derived since HE is a Person that comes to us thru Faith in the Person called the Word.

These TWO are GIFTS from the FATHER, for us who are Called.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on you. People can be very different from each other, you realize.

Ok, I think we've covered the material. I've been addressing who these "sons of God" were, as the Bible uses that term.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At a certain point you just have to laugh.

I get that we, as humans, have to have a certain amount of…stored biases/pre-formed ideas from experience that we apply to some things. Otherwise, every time we faced something a second and third and tenth time, we would have to learn what it was again. HUGE waste of time and doubtful we would survive long.

But we absolutely can, and often do, when reading scripture, apply biases that we should not. Are we trying to save time when we read scripture? Of course not. We are trying to learn, not save time.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nursing degree for medical school <a href="Your nursing career roadmap and services to help you along the way.">med surg nursing resume</a> colonie graduate nursing degrees
We are currently nursing a topic that was infected with gene therapy editing.
The resulting pandemic from these widespread/global gene therapy injections yielded GIGANTIC Proportions of negative mitochondrial effects within the human and animal populations whereby the termination of such existence was the only means available to preserve and procure a generation of human and animal geneticly qualified biological copients for further advancement of procreating populations of said "Kinds".

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At a certain point you just have to laugh.

I get that we, as humans, have to have a certain amount of…stored biases/pre-formed ideas from experience that we apply to some things. Otherwise, every time we faced something a second and third and tenth time, we would have to learn what it was again. HUGE waste of time and doubtful we would survive long.

But we absolutely can, and often do, when reading scripture, apply biases that we should not. Are we trying to save time when we read scripture? Of course not. We are trying to learn, not save time.

Agree

The Key is to whom our heart yields too.............as previously pointed out by Scripture.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on you. People can be very different from each other, you realize.

Ok, I think we've covered the material. I've been addressing who these "sons of God" were, as the Bible uses that term.

Much love!
See Post #79

Status
Not open for further replies.