Anyone going to watch the Presidential debates?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 10854

Honestly, I saw Trump baiting Biden throughout the entire debate - if you can call it a debate - and I thought he used decent restraint - certainly not perfect restraint - but, I am not sure many could handle the constant barrage of baiting, insults, and mockery from Trump, who apparently was not their to follow any rules or impart any information.

Biden certainly was not perfect and the entire debate was the chaotic, crap fest that Trump intended it to be. My only question is - why didn't Trump just refuse to show up? He is the trailing candidate that needed this debate, but if he was planning on blowing it up, why bother even coming?

Yes, the first presidential debate was a total disaster, just as I suspected it would be. I assume Trump showed up to the debate because he didn't want to be seen as a loser or called a sore loser. I think he wanted to go after Biden as much as he could because he wanted to win the debate.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the first presidential debate was a total disaster, just as I suspected it would be. I assume Trump showed up to the debate because he didn't want to be seen as a loser or called a sore loser. I think he wanted to go after Biden as much as he could because he wanted to win the debate.

Yet he ended up blowing it up

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, it doesn't matter to me if Trump decided to blow it up. Biden didn't suffer for it in the polls. Also, he is considered the winner - not that it really means much.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look, it doesn't matter to me if Trump decided to blow it up. Biden didn't suffer for it in the polls. Also, he is considered the winner - not that it really means much.

The winner for what? He didn't do anything more special last night than he has been doing.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump will talk over it.
It is not necessary for Biden to continue

I can imagine Trump imploding and he loses all self-restraint if he's muted in the next debate. I think he would snap and he'd start yelling and cussing at everyone around him. He doesn't appear to have the ability to control his temper and he blurts out whatever comes to his mind.

Yet he ended up blowing it up

Yes, he did.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So maybe Trump blew up,.. but only because Biden wouldn't let the man speak.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Personally, I don't either one of them as the winner. It wasn't a debate, it was a train wreck.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mind someone having a different political view than my own. I respect their right to their own opinion, even if I don't agree with them.

I agree

yet, I get hooked when people are so tribal that they suspend all perspective taking skills in order to support their candidate

Reactions: Giuliano
Status
Not open for further replies.