Anyone have any pets?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here is a brave young woman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLZ6FgYkYzQ

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
And here is a brave young woman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLZ6FgYkYzQ

Very amazing! I would not want to personally try that, but oftentimes it works. The same is said about a bear if you put your arms above your head he sees how tall you are and backs away.

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
We have two cats: the girl is my buddy and the boy is his. But we both love them both. They are around ten years old and each one was a stray which we either took in or adopted from a shelter separately and not together before they lived with us. We have had cats since we were first married and that will soon be 50 years. I never had them around growing up because my mother liked only dogs. My husband's experience with cats before our marriage was just barn cats; but none as pets you could be close to. We have learned so much about cats having outlived so many of our precious ones over the years. And we have learned much about life and love from them. I especially am found of Maine Coon Cats and have had two of them. My present girl is a Maine Coon mix. She isn't a large cat as are most Maine Coons but she is really sweet in personality, very layed back, and beautiful to look at. Our boy is a domestic house cat who looks a little like a Tonkinese although he isn't close to pedigree. I call him my Tonkinese beauty. He is also sweet but much more hyperactive compared to our mellow Maine Coon girl. Fun having a cat family. Ours was never quite an empty nest as after the children grew up and moved away we still had cats at home. btw, our children and grandchildren are all cat lovers too! It figures!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Allow me to present our dog Falcor! My wife is a creative dog groomer. This one won I think 3 or 4 1st place titles and was on the cover of 2 magazines, She's been on the Today Show, Good Morning America and has been invited to Australia and Japan to teach seminars. Oh yeah, and she was on the discovery channel.

Falcor.jpg

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
Allow me to present our dog Falcor! My wife is a creative dog groomer. This one won I think 3 or 4 1st place titles and was on the cover of 2 magazines, She's been on the Today Show, Good Morning America and has been invited to Australia and Japan to teach seminars. Oh yeah, and she was on the discovery channel.

very cute, White Knuckle..I should try this with my cat..:lol:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my dogs are show quality - when they aren't soaking wet after a 5 mile hike :)

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
my dogs are show quality - when they aren't soaking wet after a 5 mile hike :)

I like your avatar and assume that's them. Great looking dogs! I have two cats..not quite show quality (mixed breeds); but did have two Maine Coon Cats years ago who were. And besides their beauty one of them even fetched. The breeder had taught him. :)

Niko is Husky with a bit of wolf

100_0281.jpg

Oh, Niko is elegant! We lived in Alaska many years and saw many huskies and some who were part wolf. They are prevalent in the Native Alaskan villages (rural Alaska) which we used to call "the Bush." And some used in dog sled racing by those mushers who did the Iditarod, Fur Rendezvous, and other races.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
First of all why did the Swat raid your apartment ?

Also I have two fuzzy kitties that I wuv. Mr socks and his sister mrs pebbles. Socks is the adventerous leader and he thinks the home and backyard are his kingdom. Pebbles is like his crazy sister but she meows back at me when I meow at her we speak cat together. They are some kind of tabby either silver or makerel or something.

JesusFreakMartyr

May 30, 2011
I have a 13 year old Black Lab/Dotson Mix, and a 4 year old Bulldog Mix. Both are rescues, the lab was rescued from a cardboard box on the side of the highway. And the Bulldog was from the pound! Both are black, and also the Lab has gone blind from diabetes, he's grumpy - and the bulldog can't get enough lovin! He always wants to lay right on top of me, and just take all of my attention lol

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sisters family has two adorable black miniature poodles... My niece made a cute little video of them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPMj6dO_HEg

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My black cocker spaniel just had surgery to remove an inch long thorn from his right ear....poor dog....it had worked all the way down into his inner ear. Not sure how I missed it. He was in pain for quite awhile, I knew he was, but didn't know why......

Had to take him to the pet emergency room......he is now deaf in his right ear. My wife and I are responsible pet owners.....but I guess we just missed it.

After three weeks of antibiotics and another surgery, the patient is recovering nicely.