Anyone preaching 'Salvation "spirit soul and body"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering Necessary part of Salvation!

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"And I will choose their delusions" - Isaiah 66:4
There is no need to misapply Scripture. Christians are not deluded about God's promises. But you are deluded with your confused theology, probably picked up from some false teacher. I for one will not waste any more time on nonsense.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
only if you get a face
So says the man or woman of many faces. (The Kreisel, Available Light, Zadok, Magdalene, High Premise)
All of which preach false doctrines and can't help but heap abuse upon the saints.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How lame and disingenuous of you.
Your type of dime-a-dozen christians, Randall, are easily filtered out with Romans 8:13 -
"live after the flesh and DIE,
mortify the deeds of the body by the SPIRIT and live"

In your demonic doctrines from seducing spirits, you think to "Live" means to die and go to heaven. Where is that in the Bible?

How long have you been in the Bottomless Pit?

"I will choose your delusions" - Isaiah 66:4

I really didn't expect that! I think you need to change churches, or die to yourself!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see people struggle with what salvation is, but can't seem to find anyone preaching
I Thess 5:23 - "Be made whole spirit soul and body"

Anyone out there into full illumination?

John 8:12 He that follows me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of life

It appears this generation also only believes in the darkness of death.

Looking for that "very small remnant" not Sodom and Gomorrah (Isaiah 1:9)
If you are searching locally for such a church asking if they are a holistic ministry may help. Holistic Ministry defined - Christians for Social Action. Church of Christ is usually a whole person ministry. From what I have heard, Salvation Army churches are holistic too. May God bless you to find a seat at his best table ( church).

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see people struggle with what salvation is, but can't seem to find anyone preaching
I Thess 5:23 - "Be made whole spirit soul and body"

Anyone out there into full illumination?

John 8:12 He that follows me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of life

It appears this generation also only believes in the darkness of death.

Looking for that "very small remnant" not Sodom and Gomorrah (Isaiah 1:9)
Hello @Empyrean,

Curious about your user name and looking it up, I can only deduce that you perceive yourself to be a citizen of the highest heaven: Yes?
The believer's citizenship certainly is in heaven where Christ sits at God's right hand, because he is where his Lord is, for he is 'in Him'.

* Looking now at 1 Thessalonians 5:23,

'And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly;
and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body
be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.'

(1 Thessalonians 5:23)

* This comes in the closing remarks of Paul's letter to the Thessalonians. Here Paul is calling upon the God of Peace (Romans 15:33, Philippians 4:9). In this verse He is the Sanctifier, setting apart believers to His will, and guarding them.

* The second coming of Christ is in view here, as it is in all this epistle. Paul desires that each believer should be preserved alive and blameless to the Lord's coming back to the earth, and therefore be 'whole' in spirit soul and body and without blame at His coming. At that time His return was deemed to be imminent (Acts 3:19-21): so the possibility of their being 'alive and remaining' at His coming a great possibility (1 Thessalonians 4: 15 & 17).

* Israel did not repent, therefore Christ did not come, and this hope has been deferred to a yet future day.

* Paul, assured as He was of the mighty power of God Who can accomplish this, closes his epistle by expressing this prayerful desire for the Thessalonian saints (i.e., set apart unto God). He simply desires that they be alive and remaining at the coming of the Lord, so that they would not have to experience death, but would be changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, and be raised to meet the ascending Lord in the air, and return with Him, to be with Him for ever.

'Faithful is He that calleth you,
Who also will do it.'

(1 Thessalonians 5:24)

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious Empyrean? Why not teach the truth yourself instead of wasting your energy trying to uncover and lambaste everyone who is teaching it all wrong? :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
our spirits are born again, not our flesh or soul.

Our flesh will be glorified, not ours spirit or soul.

Our interaction of flesh and spirit is our soul, so our soul changes when our spirit is born-again and one day when our flesh is glorified.