Apocalypse in the News

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Has anyone noticed how much the apocalypse/end times stuff has been showing up in the main stream news lately CNN,FOX, all seem to be showing stories about "END TIMES",The Apocalypse,Armageddon,sense this Israeli Lebanon War started.I'm not sure what it means, but it could be a good oppurtunity for us all to plant some seeds,as there may be many people who wouldnt ordinarily be looking for an explanations as to what these things are.Any thoughts on what you think this means ?

Reactions: shortangel

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
Following is an edited transcript of Iranian president to the UN General Assembly Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sept. 17, 2005
"Faith will prove to be the solution to many of today's problems. "Today, agnostic thinking is on the decline and presently humanity is equally enamored with religion knowledge and spirituality. This is an auspicious beginning. Divine prophets teach us about proper regard for the exalted state of human beings on earth. "On the other hand, the prevalence of military domination, increasing poverty, the growing gap between rich and poor countries, violence as a means to solve crises, spread of terrorism, specially state terrorism, existence and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction..."How can we influence the future of the world? When and how will peace, tranquility and well-being for all come about? "Today, my nation calls on other nations and governments to "move forward to a durable tranquility and peace based on justice and spirituality." "The Islamic Republic of Iran is born out of a movement, based on the pure primordial nature of a people who rose up to regain their dignity esteem and human rights""The UN must be the symbol of democracy and the equal rights of nations. If we talk about the equal rights of nations in political forums, we must talk of the same concept in this forum as well. "The UN can be the standard bearer of democracy in the world, when it, itself, is a manifestation of democratic process. I reiterate that durable tranquility and peace can only be built on justice and spirituality. "From the beginning of time, humanity has longed for the day when justice, peace, equality and compassion envelop the world. All of us can contribute to the establishment of such a world. When that day comes, the ultimate promise of all Divine religions will be fulfilled with the emergence of a perfect human being who is heir to all prophets and pious men. He will lead the world to justice and absolute peace. "O mighty Lord, I pray to you to hasten the emergence of your last repository, the promised one, that perfect and pure human being, the one that will fill this world with justice and peace.
Following is the admonition of brother and fellow servant Paul describing the events that lead up to the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ and the day of the Lord.
Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped,
And what the man of sin will do in the very near future once we identify him.
The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast...
Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaks of and calls in prayer for the man of sin to emerge. However, as Muhammed was instructed by a great fallen and deceitful angel, and scribed the doctrines of devils known to us as the Koran, so too Ahmadinejad calls for, in ignorance, for the fulfillment of the long prophesied man of sin and son of perdition, known to many as the Antichrist, long before the arrival of the fallen ones to the prophet of Islam and modern day fundementalist Muslims.There are many other quotes I could give where Irans president longs to hasten the approach of Armageddon.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I can not get this dream that I had night before last out of my head anybody have any thoughts?(SEE below)-------------------------------------------------------I had dream last night that that I was in a coffee shop sitting at a table drinking a cup of coffee,suddenley the whole building started shaking I realized we were having an earthquake everyone was panicing and rushing for the door I decided it would be safer for me to "shelter myself" under the table (the word shelter seemed proment in the dream and is somthing Id never say I would say I'd say duck under or hide an that would probably be attached to a four lettered word ) The dream changed and I knew it was the next day and the earthquake had been very large and caused much damage I was in a hurry to get a newspaper to read about the quake because I knew the power was out.I got the paper and sat down on a bench and opened it up fully expecting to see a large headline reading somthing to effect of Large Quake Hits ---------I was shocked when the headline in very large RED letters read "THE TIME OF THE GENTILES IS PAST" I was so startled it woke me up with a start all I could think was wow!I need to know what does this mean.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The more I think about this dream the more I think that it was telling me that there will be a large eathquake as a sign before God ends the time of the Gentiles this Quake would have to be an extremly significant quake so the entire world would be aware of it not just our normal everyday quakes,I do not claim to be a prophet but I do have dreams like this that come true,I do know that many times God has warned me of major events thru my dreams.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
This rings true to me. There is no doubt in my mind as to what is expected. Though you don't proclaim the office of servant it isn't beyond the hand of the Lord to offer to those who are humble before the Lord.Kriss, the realization of what the Lord wanted to do with me came over many years. When this fact of my office became more intense I looked back to my past and having dreams that came true was one of the experiences that butresses my resolve to accept the call and charge that is laid on me.I can tell you some fantastic dreams that bewildered many when they came to pass, but I don't have much time at the moment. You may indeed be a servant but haven't accepted it yet for whatever reasons. I will send you a private message and ask you a few questions to confirm my suspicions. Now to your dream: I have a word from the Lord that advances great destruction- Los Angeles in particular. And this word came to me in Nov. 2005. I left Los Angeles because of the great danger I felt. The time for its fulfillment is about to happen. I will post that word sometime this week. That the headline read THE TIME OF THE GENTILES IS OVER', is very significant because I just received a word that the servants are to rise right now. And we know from brother Johns writing that the servants will be sealed at this time.Kriss I believe your dream is of the Lord. Take comfort in humility that the Lord has chosen you for this task. To open you mouth and speak what the Holy Sprit has given you.

Arben

Aug 7, 2006
(kriss;1822)
Has anyone noticed how much the apocalypse/end times stuff has been showing up in the main stream news lately CNN,FOX, all seem to be showing stories about "END TIMES",The Apocalypse,Armageddon,sense this Israeli Lebanon War started.I'm not sure what it means, but it could be a good oppurtunity for us all to plant some seeds,as there may be many people who wouldnt ordinarily be looking for an explanations as to what these things are.Any thoughts on what you think this means ?
I believe we are getting close to the endtimes. I hope I'm right. I am so ready for the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I believe the Iranians are gearing up for it. The situation in Israel is starting to look like it. And yes, now is a great time to evangelize. :sign:

Reactions: shortangel

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some people think Armageddon will be started by a major world power going to war against another world power, such as U.S. fighting China etc. possibly it even being a nuclear war, but Armageddon is a war that God starts because it's a war fought by Almighty God. This war I believe since it's a war fought by Almighty God against all unrighteous men on a global scale, will be a war that starts everywhere at once, I believe. I think this will be the reason why the unrighteous people of that day will know they are being destroyed by Almighty God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lord Jesus' first warning in His Olivet discourse about the 'end' was to not allow any man to deceive us.

Per His Revelation, there is a false-Messiah coming first to Jerusalem to play Christ, and fool the whole world, except Christ's elect (Revelation 13; Matthew 24:23-26; 2 Thessalonians 2:4). In Revelation 13:3, we are shown the beast kingdom of verse 1 will suffer a "deadly wound" upon 1 of its 7 heads. That is pointing to today's "one world government" system failing at some point, and then the coming false-Messiah shows up to heal it per Revelation 13:11-13.

Jesus showed the "beginning of sorrows" period is about war and chaos, earthquakes, famines, pestilences, until that false-Messiah shows up. Today we are in that "beginning of sorrows" period that He said in His Olivet discourse.

The coming "great tribulation" time is after that, when the coming false-Christ shows up and supports the building of a 3rd temple in Jerusalem, and the orthodox unbelieving Jews startup old covenant worship again with sacrifices. Many brethren don't understand that per Zechariah 6 "THE BRANCH" (Lord Jesus Christ) is to build the temple. The Jews understand that prophecy, so the false-Messiah that comes first they will think is the Messiah of prophecy. Won't be, as the first supernatural Messiah coming to Jerusalem will be a false one, the "vile person" of Daniel 11, and king of fierce countenance of Daniel 8, and he will end the daily sacrifices and instead place the "abomination of desolation" in Jerusalem, which is about an IDOL abomination placed in that 3rd temple in Jerusalem, demanding all to bow to that "image of the beast" (Rev.13), and those who refuse to worship it are to be killed.

And that future time of "great tribulation" is to be a time of world peace when all wars have stopped, and that false-Messiah tries to appear as The Christ, working great signs and wonders in the sight of men, to deceive the whole world (except Christ's elect).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David H. posted a thread showing that the river Euphrates is drying up now as perhaps a sign of the 6th trumpet. Strange days these are.