Apostasy in the church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rant

Nov 22, 2007
The bible clearly prophesies that the church of the end times will be characterized by apostasy. paul said that the antichrist will not be revealed until the apostasy comes first,2 thes 2;3 jesus prophesied that many will fall away and peoples love will grow cold math 24;10,12.Paul supplies us with some strong clues as to why the end time church will be full of apostasy. One of those clues can be found in 2 Tim 4;3-4 the time will come when they christians, will not endure sound doctrine, but wanting to have their ears tickled ,they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(rant;24809)
The bible clearly prophesies that the church of the end times will be characterized by apostasy. paul said that the antichrist will not be revealed until the apostasy comes first,2 thes 2;3 jesus prophesied that many will fall away and peoples love will grow cold math 24;10,12.Paul supplies us with some strong clues as to why the end time church will be full of apostasy. One of those clues can be found in 2 Tim 4;3-4 the time will come when they christians, will not endure sound doctrine, but wanting to have their ears tickled ,they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.
What do you believe will cause that apostasy? What is the sound doctrine they will no longer endure? What are the teachers teaching that is tickling the ears of those that take pleasure in unrighteousness, that turn them from the truth and to myths? Do you think that apostasy has already begun?What are your thoughts?......Whirlwind

rant

Nov 22, 2007
Hi whirlwind where is kriss.the bible says that in the end times people will mock the promise of jesus return 2 peter 3;3-4 that there shall come in the last days scoffers walking after their own lusts,and saying,where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep,all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation FOR THIS THEY WILLINGLY ARE IGNORANT OF, if you cant understand that well my freind we have nothing more to say.

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
Among the apostate teachings are the so called replacement theology, which makes the erroneous statement that the Church has replaced Israel in God's promises and plans. This fails the test of logic. If God were to break His promise to Abraham concering his descendants then God could break His promise to us. Its a logical fallacy when lined up with scripture and knowledge of the nature of The Most High God.To be sure there are other, this is one that is high on the list though.

rant

Nov 22, 2007
Hi just had a run in with a GRace church does any one know about this church?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(jkdjr25;24828)
Among the apostate teachings are the so called replacement theology, which makes the erroneous statement that the Church has replaced Israel in God's promises and plans. This fails the test of logic. If God were to break His promise to Abraham concering his descendants then God could break His promise to us. Its a logical fallacy when lined up with scripture and knowledge of the nature of The Most High God.To be sure there are other, this is one that is high on the list though.
You are so right. You don't know how tiring it is to try to convince replacement theologians. They basically take the literal promises to Abraham's seed and then spiritualize it to the Gentiles. If God abandoned His people because of so-called lack of faith, then He retracted His promise to Abraham that by his seed all people of the earth would be blessed, and then turned around and used Gentiles instead to spread His Word. Yes, Gentiles are included, but the basic premise of the promises are that Abraham's seed would be the ones to bring light to the world to bring in the Gentiles.Instead, we see replacement theologians casting off Israel and replacing them with so-called believers---- then God is a liar if that is the case. But it seems to go over their heads. There is always a dualistic tendency in Scripture. One is the physical and the other spiritual. But they only see one side of the coin in the spiritual only. I always get a kick when they try to explain Genesis 35:11. They spirtualize it somehow, but if nations did not mean literal nations, then how can we apply the promise of the land to Israel (which is physical)? It's not proper exegesis to interpret one promise to Abraham physically and another only spiritually.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(rant;24820)
Hi whirlwind where is kriss.the bible says that in the end times people will mock the promise of jesus return 2 peter 3;3-4 that there shall come in the last days scoffers walking after their own lusts,and saying,where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep,all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation FOR THIS THEY WILLINGLY ARE IGNORANT OF, if you cant understand that well my freind we have nothing more to say.
Why are you upset and why do you say I can't understand? :naughty: I am asking you what your thoughts are on what you posted.....that's all. What do you believe will be the apostasy of end times? What will cause it? ........Whirlwind

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(tim_from_pa;24842)
You are so right. You don't know how tiring it is to try to convince replacement theologians. They basically take the literal promises to Abraham's seed and then spiritualize it to the Gentiles. If God abandoned His people because of so-called lack of faith, then He retracted His promise to Abraham that by his seed all people of the earth would be blessed, and then turned around and used Gentiles instead to spread His Word. Yes, Gentiles are included, but the basic premise of the promises are that Abraham's seed would be the ones to bring light to the world to bring in the Gentiles.
Part of the problem, a huge part actually, is that so few understand that Israel is the house of Israel....not the tribe of Judah, not Jews and not the nation of Israel. The House of Israel will and has taken His Word to the world..........Whirlwind

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Judah is current day Jews(Israel) Ephraim(represents 10 lost tribes/church) and all the house of Israel is all 12 tribes including the church and the JewsEze 37:16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and [for] all the house of Israel his companions: Eze 37:17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. Eze 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which [is] in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, [even] with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.All combined into one no one is replaced

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Part of the problem, a huge part actually, is that so few understand that Israel is the house of Israel....not the tribe of Judah, not Jews and not the nation of Israel. The House of Israel will and has taken His Word to the world..........Whirlwind
Bingo! and Amen! You hit the nail on the head. That's another thing I get weary of trying to explain: the difference between the house of Israel and the house of Judah. For Americans I liken it unto Rebels and Yankees. I say that Yankee history is not Rebel history and vise versa. Both were Americans but you cannot call Yanks Rebels. That much is usually understood. then when I try to explain it the same way with the house of Israel and house of Judah, all of a sudden they get dumb and instant blindness and don't understand it again. Some folks cannot get away from the Israel=Judah mindset.Well, the bible said that about Israel---- they'd be blind to their identity.

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
The 12 tribes of Israel are the whole house of Israel and the descendents of Abraham. It is to these people that God made His everlasting promise. That is the literal interpretation. Anything else, when weighed against scripture using logic and deductive reasoning, doesn't make sense.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
Apostasy simply means falling away.There will be a great falling away in the end of this age and this falling away is here and now. It speaks to us here and now as we find the truth of the lie that consumes greater Christendom, as it were. As many readers here know, and I speak as one who knows the mind of the proprietors, we don't subscribe to the notion of the rapture.And speaking for myself as a servant hold many things that can be said against the state of Bride. It's not time to speak of that yet, but the time will come and then I come forward full throttle. The majority of modern or contemporary believers cling to the theology of the rapture, but we think, acknowledge, believe and know this is a lie. And so we move forward in truth and as we do so the others who hold to the lie fall away. So in essence the falling away or apostasy is not that we have fallen away it is rather those who stay where they are in the time of the strong delusion are the ones who fall away as we move towards truth and due to the fact that those who wish to stay where they are fall back as the truth seekers move closer to the truth.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(jkdjr25;24860)
The 12 tribes of Israel are the whole house of Israel and the descendents of Abraham. It is to these people that God made His everlasting promise. That is the literal interpretation. Anything else, when weighed against scripture using logic and deductive reasoning, doesn't make sense.
You are correct jkdjr....the twelve tribes do make up the whole house of Israel and it is to them that God gave His promise. :angel9:Where are they today? ........Whirlwind

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(servant_of_the_end;24868)
Apostasy simply means falling away.And speaking for myself as a servant hold many things that can be said against the state of Bride. It's not time to speak of that yet, but the time will come and then I come forward full throttle.
I enjoyed your post and agree. Please add me to a list of those that want to hear what you have to say at the "right time." I don't feel it is far away, do you?.........Whirlwind

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
(whirlwind;24876)
You are correct jkdjr....the twelve tribes do make up the whole house of Israel and it is to them that God gave His promise. :angel9:Where are they today? ........Whirlwind
Logic says that they are the Jewish people as they are the Chosen people of God. Any claim to the contrary is a logical fallacy as the Bible clearly and specificly says otherwise. The children of Israel refers to the Jewish people, as such it follows that God has not broken His covenant with them. Christ Himself spoke of the renewing of the fig tree, which we saw in 1948 when Israel became a nation again. The Jewish people have been returning to their ancestral homeland for years now. It is all prophecy and its happening before our very eyes.

Nov 8, 2007
(whirlwind;24813)
What do you believe will cause that apostasy? What is the sound doctrine they will no longer endure? What are the teachers teaching that is tickling the ears of those that take pleasure in unrighteousness, that turn them from the truth and to myths? Do you think that apostasy has already begun?What are your thoughts?......Whirlwind
Rapture? There are 4 extremes, but one is slowly being excluded. Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib(Minority), Post-Trib, to No Rapture.I think the Apostasy is just concerning the coming of Christ in General, peopl mock the pre-trib rapture believers because they feel they won't be ready. Pre-trib's mock those who believe it is after because they feel they'll be left behind, and the Non-rapture believers mock both because for them we go through, AND NOT IN, the tribulation, but will suffer the wrath of Satan, not GOD. They Mock the Post-Trib rapture believers because they hold the same belief that God comes after the Tribulation, but they deny meeting him in the air. People want to argue over non-sense like this, JUST BE READY! AMEN!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;24909)
(whirlwind;24813)
Rapture? There are 4 extremes, but one is slowly being excluded. Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib(Minority), Post-Trib, to No Rapture.I think the Apostasy is just concerning the coming of Christ in General, peopl mock the pre-trib rapture believers because they feel they won't be ready. Pre-trib's mock those who believe it is after because they feel they'll be left behind, and the Non-rapture believers mock both because for them we go through, AND NOT IN, the tribulation, but will suffer the wrath of Satan, not GOD. They Mock the Post-Trib rapture believers because they hold the same belief that God comes after the Tribulation, but they deny meeting him in the air. People want to argue over non-sense like this, JUST BE READY! AMEN!Meh, I'm not even close to being interested in bashing people. But rather I am only interested in telling Truth. If they don't believe it, then don't argue, cause you are only letting evil consume your time...if you do.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, our Lord and Saviour.

Nov 8, 2007
That isn't even the Main message. And Jag I can see you like to speak on things concerning the coming of Yeshua HaMashiach and I commend you, you're prepared. But I honestly tell myself, whether we are caught up in the air or not, as you would have it, JUST BE PREPARED. The Lord knows our hearts and if a man truly seeks the face of God he'll find it, and if a man truly fears the Lords and Prays for Wisdom, Knowledge from God, and understanding he will get it.