Approaching :Comet Lulin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
APPROACHING COMET: Comet Lulin (C/2007 N3), discovered in 2007 by a Strait-bridging team of astronomers from Taiwan and China, is swinging around the sun and approaching Earth. "The image shows the comet's bright tail and an anti-tail."Right now, Comet Lulin is gliding through the constellation Libra in the southeastern sky before dawn. It glows like an 8th magnitude star, so a mid-sized backyard telescope is required to see it. Visibility will improve in February as the Earth-comet distance shrinks. At closest approach (0.41 AU) on February 24th, the comet should brighten to about 5th magnitude--dimly visible to the unaided eye and an easy target for binoculars: ephemeris.Surprises are possible. The near-parabolic orbit of Comet Lulin suggests this could be the comet's first visit to the inner solar system. How it will react to increasing sunlight is anyone's guess. Stay tuned for updates in the weeks ahead.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
APPROACHING COMET: Comet Lulin (C/2007 N3) is approaching Earth for a 38 million mile close encounter in late February. At that time, the comet could brighten to naked eye visibility (5th magnitude). Meanwhile, it's a nice target for backyard telescopes: This comet may put on a show as it nears the Sun it has two very defined well developed tails. keep watch

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
COMET LULIN UPDATE: Experienced observers report that Comet Lulin has brightened to naked-eye visibility from dark-sky sites. It looks like a pale "fuzzy patch" in the constellation Libra before dawn. Backyard telescopes pointed at the patch reveal a lovely green comet with a rapidly re-growing plasma tail. On a side Note DUSKY LUNAR ECLIPSE: On Monday, Feb. 9th, the full Moon will pass through the outskirts of Earth's shadow, producing a penumbral lunar eclipse. The event should be easily visible to the naked eye as a dusky shading of the northern half of the Moon

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
GRB 090217~ Constellation Virgo~Comet Lulin in Constellation Virgo tooThis might be interesting there was a Gamma Ray Burst today in Virgo now these are the most powerful explosions in the universe ... we find also that Comet Lulin is also in the constellation of Virgo now I wonder if a gigantic explostion could change the orbit of a comet ?

shepherdsword

Feb 12, 2009
QUOTE (Christina @ Feb 17 2009, 10:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69359
GRB 090217~ Constellation Virgo~Comet Lulin in Constellation Virgo tooThis might be interesting there was a Gamma Ray Burst today in Virgo now these are the most powerful explosions in the universe ... we find also that Comet Lulin is also in the constellation of Virgo now I wonder if a gigantic explostion could change the orbit of a comet ?
A GRB that is powerful enough to change the orbit of a comet would also wipe out all life on earth. In fact , I think I have read,that if a GRB ever occurs in our galaxy then it would have drastic effects on earth. All of the ones so far are in a galaxy..far..far..away

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The comet and the GRB are in Virgo although the Grb might ge father away in miles they are both in the same area of space and as you say a GRB is very powerful all it would have to do is push the commet alittle futher towards earth to make it a closer commet

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It takes Comet Lulin around 28.5 million years to make one orbit around the sun. So this is its first trip to this part of our solar system since before the creation of Adam. When it reaches its peak brightness on February 24, it will be about 38.26 million miles from Earth, and 129.71 million miles from the sun.The interesting thing about this comet is that it continually travels through the ecliptic and Twelve Signs of the Zodiac as seen from earth which is also the path of the sun, except this comet moves backwards along the ecliptic. The ecliptic is actually the earth’s path around the sun as well as the other planets, which all move on the same direction. However, this object is moving in the opposite direction. This may suggest that the comet is from another solar system and that it was ejected into our solar system. In any case, this is an interesting comet even though it may not be bright.The comet is seen from the earth continually going around the Ecliptic backwards. I ran my StarryNight Pro program up to the year 99,999, which is its limits, and the comet continually traveled along the ecliptic as seen from the earth. I have never seen another comet that has done this before. For all of those looking for the false sign of the antichrist ?? Well we will see what happens.Comet Lulin will be in conjunction with the planet Saturn (represents Satan) in the constellation Leo (Arieh) when the comet is near or at its peak brightness on February 23, 2009.http://www.atlbible.org/astronomy/astronomy1.htm

shepherdsword

Feb 12, 2009
QUOTE (Christina @ Feb 18 2009, 10:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69417
It takes Comet Lulin around 28.5 million years to make one orbit around the sun. So this is its first trip to this part of our solar system since before the creation of Adam. When it reaches its peak brightness on February 24, it will be about 38.26 million miles from Earth, and 129.71 million miles from the sun.Comet Lulin will be in conjunction with the planet Saturn (represents Satan) in the constellation Leo (Arieh) when the comet is near or at its peak brightness on February 23, 2009.
Thanks,Christina. I have given up all media except the internet so I can seek the Lord in his word and prayer. This is the first I heard about it. I will be watching on monday night

Nivleos

Feb 17, 2009
Just one question, if the comet is going in an Ecliptic backwards, then surely there is a chance it would have a headon collision with one of the planets... Or am I missing something.Also on a side note I will try to watch on monday.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If your up around 1 am and weather permits dont forget to try to catch this unusal comet

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (Christina @ Feb 18 2009, 09:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69417
The comet is seen from the earth continually going around the Ecliptic backwards. I ran my StarryNight Pro program up to the year 99,999, which is its limits, and the comet continually traveled along the ecliptic as seen from the earth. I have never seen another comet that has done this before. For all of those looking for the false sign of the antichrist ?? Well we will see what happens.Comet Lulin will be in conjunction with the planet Saturn (represents Satan) in the constellation Leo (Arieh) when the comet is near or at its peak brightness on February 23, 2009.http://www.atlbible.org/astronomy/astronomy1.htm
Your remark above has sparked a response from me........(smile)
biggrin.gif
In Isaiah 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, You've been CAST DOWN to EARTH "YOUR WHO ONCE LAID THE NATIONS LOW. I have studied the bible a long time and it appears that this star is not SATAN, but the Son of Perdition. The 8th king who is called a beast in Rev 17:11. The King who lies with maggots spread out beneath him. In Rev 13:2 Satan has given this Son of Perdition, the 8th king/beast, a king out of Babylon (Isa 12:3) the authority and powers and throne for 1260 days. With this power the 8th king has the ability to go to heaven as Satan has in Job 2:7. All the scriptures point to Isiah 14:12 as the Son of Perdition who has received the powers of Satan and does not allow anyone to buy or sell unless you take the mark of this 8th King who has received the powers of Satan. When you read the entire chapter in this understanding, the chapter opens up the entire chapter flowing in the events smoothly of the Lord's compassion on Jacob, for the Lord is upon the earth, captors are made into captives. (14:2) verses 4-7 speaks of the fury of the oppressor has come to an end ( Dan 7:25) this King who oppressed the Saints. All the land is at rest.Isa 14:9 The grave below is all astir, the leaders of the world meet this oppressor who has received Satan's powers during the 1260 days. They say: 'You have become WEAK like us. Why? because he no longer has Satan's powers. Maggots cover him.Then we are given this description in 14:12 of him being tossed down from heaven. (is this the comet coming? the anti-christ?)IN verse 13 God says this person said he would ascend to the stars and be cast down to the earth. ......(hummm)
huh.gif
Then the rest of the chapter continues to speak of what this 8th King faces who received Satan's powers that deceived the nations and the leaders. Him his offspring will never be mentioned again. God say prepare a place to slaughter his sons. I found this fascinating when God showed this to me. I know Isaiah 14 is speaking of the Son of Perdition who has received Satan's powers and has ascended into heaven and was cast out. We are in these times and we will soon be taken captive to appear in front of this beast/8th king----Son of Perdition----morning star of the dawn....as he may be being thrown down now ......that comet on it's way to earth.....? LOLIN Christ's precious wordsVickie

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Vickie @ Feb 27 2009, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70026
QUOTE (Christina @ Feb 18 2009, 09:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69417
...The comet is seen from the earth continually going around the Ecliptic backwards. I ran my StarryNight Pro program up to the year 99,999, which is its limits, and the comet continually traveled along the ecliptic as seen from the earth. I have never seen another comet that has done this before. For all of those looking for the false sign of the antichrist ?? Well we will see what happens.Comet Lulin will be in conjunction with the planet Saturn (represents Satan) in the constellation Leo (Arieh) when the comet is near or at its peak brightness on February 23, 2009.http://www.atlbible.org/astronomy/astronomy1.htm
Your remark above has sparked a response from me........(smile)
biggrin.gif
In Isaiah 14:12 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, You've been CAST DOWN to EARTH "YOUR WHO ONCE LAID THE NATIONS LOW. I have studied the bible a long time and it appears that this star is not SATAN, but the Son of Perdition. The 8th king who is called a beast in Rev 17:11. The King who lies with maggots spread out beneath him. In Rev 13:2 Satan has given this Son of Perdition, the 8th king/beast, a king out of Babylon (Isa 12:3) the authority and powers and throne for 1260 days. With this power the 8th king has the ability to go to heaven as Satan has in Job 2:7. All the scriptures point to Isiah 14:12 as the Son of Perdition who has received the powers of Satan and does not allow anyone to buy or sell unless you take the mark of this 8th King who has received the powers of Satan. When you read the entire chapter in this understanding, the chapter opens up the entire chapter flowing in the events smoothly of the Lord's compassion on Jacob, for the Lord is upon the earth, captors are made into captives. (14:2) verses 4-7 speaks of the fury of the oppressor has come to an end ( Dan 7:25) this King who oppressed the Saints. All the land is at rest.Isa 14:9 The grave below is all astir, the leaders of the world meet this oppressor who has received Satan's powers during the 1260 days. They say: 'You have become WEAK like us. Why? because he no longer has Satan's powers. Maggots cover him.Then we are given this description in 14:12 of him being tossed down from heaven. (is this the comet coming? the anti-christ?)IN verse 13 God says this person said he would ascend to the stars and be cast down to the earth. ......(hummm)
huh.gif
Then the rest of the chapter continues to speak of what this 8th King faces who received Satan's powers that deceived the nations and the leaders. Him his offspring will never be mentioned again. God say prepare a place to slaughter his sons. I found this fascinating when God showed this to me. I know Isaiah 14 is speaking of the Son of Perdition who has received Satan's powers and has ascended into heaven and was cast out. We are in these times and we will soon be taken captive to appear in front of this beast/8th king----Son of Perdition----morning star of the dawn....as he may be being thrown down now ......that comet on it's way to earth.....? LOLIN Christ's precious wordsVickieNo! Isaiah 14 has nothing to do with a comet. It has to do with the fallen archangel. His name is Lucifer. And it is Satan's original name. And Satan is THE son of Perdition. Lucifer means "Morning Star". He is our fake Morning Star. Christ is the real one. (Revelation 22:16)Isaiah 14:12 - How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!Isaiah 14:13 - For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:Isaiah 14:14 - I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.Isaiah 14:15 - Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.Isaiah 14:16 - They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;...II Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;II Thessalonians 2:4 - Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.And Satan is the THE Anti-Christ.