Are ghosts real?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are ghosts real?

• Total voters

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well there has yet been anything to state from the scripture that ghosts are actually demons…..
Not necessarily demons, but evil spirits. All evil spirits are fallen angels. Thus the Bible speaks of Satan and "his angels". Within the broader grouping of evil angels there are at least six hierarchies of angels, but demons are a separate group, and the angels which sinned before the Flood and are now in the prison called Tartarus are another separate group.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God had known what impish silly minds we have ,do you think he might would have told us more or phrased things differently ?

We really have zero clue into the after death life. Elijah brought back into a body of a boy just as Jesus did his friend Lazarus and others in his ministry. Is this still possible today or do we lack faith ?

Why are there orbs in graveyards at night ?

When I was a girl of about 11 one night on our bedroom wall suddenly appeared 3 illuminated crosses of light. We covered windows,left the room in darkness and then in light,still visible. They stayed there day and night for about 5 days,we never found the source and none of us were saved ,as a matter of fact the biological was the devils brother,full of evil.

So yeah there is a lot I don't understand and I'm really glad I cant see all the invisible around us. I'm trusting God alone in his protection of those whom love him. MANY ppl have experiences that have zero explanations !

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If God had known what impish silly minds we have ,do you think he might would have told us more or phrased things differently ?

We really have zero clue into the after death life. Elijah brought back into a body of a boy just as Jesus did his friend Lazarus and others in his ministry. Is this still possible today or do we lack faith ?

Why are there orbs in graveyards at night ?

When I was a girl of about 11 one night on our bedroom wall suddenly appeared 3 illuminated crosses of light. We covered windows,left the room in darkness and then in light,still visible. They stayed there day and night for about 5 days,we never found the source and none of us were saved ,as a matter of fact the biological was the devils brother,full of evil.

So yeah there is a lot I don't understand and I'm really glad I cant see all the invisible around us. I'm trusting God alone in his protection of those whom love him. MANY ppl have experiences that have zero explanations !
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Well, He is all-knowing. He also graciously protects His people...

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well there has yet been anything to state from the scripture that ghosts are actually demons….. that’s really just part of the recent satanic panic movement. Similar to the late 80s and early 90s Bible Belt fears of “aliens” actually being demons and again…. Yall like to drop phrases like “ believing the whole Bible “ or “ cherry picking” but the reality is that I’m not disagreeing with the Bible, I’m disagreeing with you and your interpretation. I think you are wrong, not the Bible.

I've never believed that a ghost was a demon or a evil spirit. Most people I talk to that believe in ghosts say they believe a ghost is a person who live on earth and when this person died his/her spirit haunts a house or something like that. I don't believe this to be true. I don't believe a human without his/her flesh and body to be a living person. So this definition people say is a ghost, is impossible to be true.
When it comes to demons or evil spirits which is another way of saying demons, they have never existed as humans then became demons. Demons exist and have been known to possess human beings. However demons or evil spirits were never human beings who lived on earth, so the definition most people give for ghost proves to me that demons are not ghosts. I also believe in God and his angels but they're not ghosts either.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not necessarily demons, but evil spirits. All evil spirits are fallen angels. Thus the Bible speaks of Satan and "his angels". Within the broader grouping of evil angels there are at least six hierarchies of angels, but demons are a separate group, and the angels which sinned before the Flood and are now in the prison called Tartarus are another separate group.

I’m sure everyone has read Enoch here and has read about the various evil spirits in Jewish thought from demons, fallen angels and collective evil manifesting itself and so on. But I take Enoch as mythology. Same as genesis. I lean a bite more towards John Walton’s view and not as much towards Michael Heiser.

The genesis myths set up biblical patterns as prophecy to be hyperlinked to at the coming of the kingdom.

The flood came wiping away sinful people while the chosen were saved in a ark is hyperlinked to by baptism washing away our sins and Christ saving us as a ark.

The sons of god and daughters of men coming together resulting in renowned hunters is hyperlinked to by possession by Saran and his angels after his fall which according to revelation occurred after trying to destroy the messiah as child which sounds a lot like Herod.

The nations coming together as one , speaking on tongue and trying to build a tower to heaven only to be scattered and given new language is hyperlinked by the coming of the kingdom of god making all people one body and giving tongues to those who received the laying on of hands by the apostles and who could speak to anyone and bring them into the fold.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that people have been making claims of ghost sightings for a long time and over various cultures. I have never seen a ghost or witnessed any supernatural activity so I'm not sure.
How about you?
Do you think ghosts real?
Have you seen a ghost or experienced any paranormal activity?
What's your explanation for them?
Are these souls trapped or afraid to approach the light?
Does the bible say anything about ghosts?
Of course ghosts are real. The bible mentions them. Near death experiences testify of this also.

Reactions: Angelina

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I do know, is that we know not nearly as much as we think we do !

Some ppl have the attitude they'd like to usurp God also and tell him what's what !