Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know. Rather than take a gander at v15, he re-quoted v14, saying it was clear enough for him. Talk about Willful Ignorance!

Yes it says--There is no other God beside YHWH(Jehovah) Jesus is not YHWH(Jehovah)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no J in Hebrew language. I dont speak the Hebrew language. The bible isnt given to us in the Hebrew language. If you were correct-Then, Jesus, Job, Jeremiah , Joshua would all be error, but they arent, they are in the language we speak.

The Bible was written in a few languages....Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek....None of these have a letter that represents the J sound. Most of the letters they changed where from Y's to J's and that was sweeping. Now you can check the pronunciations of the Hebrew and the Greek words in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance or more expensive more accurate sources. But all the names of persons, places, and things that start with J in the Bible were Y's. Christ's name was never in the Bible and Yahweh or YHWH were removed about 6,000 times and replaced with the words God or Lord. And the proper names that appear in the actual scriptures can be pronounced in our language. And then no one knows were the word Jesus came from....It appeared out of the blue in the 1600's The Genevia Bible and the early KJV Bibles used the Greek word Iēsous which is not a name but a Greek word that means honorable man. You will find no Greek person named Iēsous in history because it is not a name. Christ's name was known to be a common Hebrew name and it does appear in the Old Testament.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no J in Hebrew language. I dont speak the Hebrew language. The bible isnt given to us in the Hebrew language. If you were correct-Then, Jesus, Job, Jeremiah , Joshua would all be error, but they arent, they are in the language we speak.
Actually those names were translated or transliterated. While "Jehovah" is not a Biblical name, being derived from the consonants from a real Name and the vowels of a completely different word. These two words, YHWH and the vowels from Adonai were combined for the express purpose of God's Name YHWH not be pronounce. This was not done to provide a pronunciation of God's Name.

And otherwise you are correct, Yob, Yeremiah, these would be more accurate.

The "J" was used in the English transliteration, later the "J" sound was changed from how we think of "Y" sound, to a "Soft G" sound.

Can we be historically accurate in this discussion?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do JW's answer this question??

Here are a couple of answers:

What I've been able to learn of their belief:

Michael the Archangel set aside being an angel to take on the body of a man, who was called Jesus. After offering that body in death as our sacrifice, Michael returned to the heavenly realm, leaving that physical body behind, for it to be destroyed by God.

Michael is then given various "temporary bodies" for the purpose of appearing to others, letting them touch him, watch him eat food, to convince them that he was risen from the dead, as they were expecting a body. So he showed them a body, though it was formed solely for that purpose, and Michael did not remain in any of those temporary bodies.

Now, Michael is back in the heavenly realm, back to being the archangel.

This is mostly from @Robert Gwin 's replies to my posts. Plus a couple of others here and there.

Hopefully someone in that religion will chime in . . .

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here are a couple of answers:

What I've been able to learn of their belief:

Michael the Archangel set aside being an angel to take on the body of a man, who was called Jesus. After offering that body in death as our sacrifice, Michael returned to the heavenly realm, leaving that physical body behind, for it to be destroyed by God.

Michael is then given various "temporary bodies" for the purpose of appearing to others, letting them touch him, watch him eat food, to convince them that he was risen from the dead, as they were expecting a body. So he showed them a body, though it was formed solely for that purpose, and Michael did not remain in any of those temporary bodies.

Now, Michael is back in the heavenly realm, back to being the archangel.

This is mostly from @Robert Gwin 's replies to my posts. Plus a couple of others here and there.

Hopefully someone in that religion will chime in . . .

Much love!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible was written in a few languages....Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek....None of these have a letter that represents the J sound. Most of the letters they changed where from Y's to J's and that was sweeping. Now you can check the pronunciations of the Hebrew and the Greek words in the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance or more expensive more accurate sources. But all the names of persons, places, and things that start with J in the Bible were Y's. Christ's name was never in the Bible and Yahweh or YHWH were removed about 6,000 times and replaced with the words God or Lord. And the proper names that appear in the actual scriptures can be pronounced in our language. And then no one knows were the word Jesus came from....It appeared out of the blue in the 1600's The Genevia Bible and the early KJV Bibles used the Greek word Iēsous which is not a name but a Greek word that means honorable man. You will find no Greek person named Iēsous in history because it is not a name. Christ's name was known to be a common Hebrew name and it does appear in the Old Testament.

Jesus was 100% real. Gods name was in the 0T nearly 6800spots, Nt about 200 spots where the OT was quoted and the name belongs. Jerome told the Pope in his day prior to his Latin Vulgate that Gods name did belong in the NT. It was by satans will the name was removed, God willed his name in all those spots because he wants it there. Thus all using the altered versions are being mislead into supporting satans will over Gods will.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes Michael is the one God sent. The bible is clear-God sent someone he did not come to earth. 1 Thess 4:16--Upon Jesus return, he comes with the voice of the archangel) Its his voice. Daniel 12:1--It is Michael who stands up for Gods chosen in the last days.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1:10-11 LITV
10) And as they were intently looking into the heaven, He having gone, even behold, two men in white clothing stood by them,
11) who also said, Men, Galileans, why do you stand looking up to the heaven? This Jesus, the One being taken from you into the heaven, will come in the way you saw Him going into the heaven.

Jesus, not Michael.

Revelation 1:4-5 LITV
4) John to the seven assemblies in Asia: Grace to you, and peace, from the One who is, and who was, and who is coming, and from the seven spirits which are before His throne;
5) even from Jesus Christ the Faithful Witness, the First-born out of the dead, and the Ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him loving us and washing us from our sins by His blood,

It's Jesus.

Much love!

Reactions: Triumph1300

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was 100% real.

Yeshua is real and was always a full fledged God.
Gods name was in the 0T nearly 6800 spots

The 6800 number comes from the additional sites and altars erected in His name....mostly starting with El-....and the location. In the Old Testament Hebrew culture El was used in reference to Yahweh without saying His actual name

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua is real and was always a full fledged God.

The 6800 number comes from the additional sites and altars erected in His name....mostly starting with El-....and the location. In the Old Testament Hebrew culture El was used in reference to Yahweh without saying His actual name

Thats funny, in every translation on earth, teaches Jesus has a God like us--The Israelites knew it in the OT-Psalm 45:7--see the words partners=angels.
At Hebrews 1:3-4-- Without inheriting the name above others he is equal to the angels. He sat at the right hand of majesty= his superior, the one who gave him that name above others. But Gods name is not included in that.
Coll 1:15--The firstborn of all creation= created direct-first and last--All creation occurred at the beginning.
You listen to blind guides out of error filled and altered translations, caused by satans will=100% fact of reality.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats funny, in every translation on earth, teaches Jesus has a God like us--The Israelites knew it in the OT-Psalm 45:7--see the words partners=angels.
At Hebrews 1:3-4-- Without inheriting the name above others he is equal to the angels. He sat at the right hand of majesty= his superior, the one who gave him that name above others. But Gods name is not included in that.
Coll 1:15--The firstborn of all creation= created direct-first and last--All creation occurred at the beginning.
You listen to blind guides out of error filled and altered translations, caused by satans will=100% fact of reality.

Not sure what your getting at here but Christ is a full fledged God begotten by Yahweh and His real Son by blood.
I do not worry about translations....because I am well versed with the languages I reference the scriptures in their native tongue.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what your getting at here but Christ is a full fledged God begotten by Yahweh and His real Son by blood.
I do not worry about translations....because I am well versed with the languages I reference the scriptures in their native tongue.

The only translating-NT that remained is Catholicism translating. Many errors translated in to fit false council teachings such as a trinity God. That was added in 381 ce at the council of Constantinople. No trinity was ever served by any true follower. So you have referenced error. The protestants had no clue and carried errors over into their translations.
One should study facts along with languages and the teachings of Jesus.
Undeniable fact= From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelites teach, serve and worship the Abrahamic God= a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) thus the God taught, served and worshipped by Jesus when he attended and every bible writer. God didnt change, Catholicism changed him.
In 1822a Greek scholar-A.Kneeland translated the NT, he compared Greek to English, side by side out of the Greek Lexicons to prove to the world-a god small g is correct in the last line at John 1:1, 19 other translations had it correct, 3 had was divine. All rejected by trinity clergys because fact exposes them as false religions.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If God's name is Jehovah or Yahweh or anything else, mine is Mary Poppins..:)
That's why when Moses asked him his name he replied "I am that I am".
And check this-
"Then Manoah inquired of the angel of the Lord, 'What is your name, so that we may honour you when your word comes true?'
He replied, "Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding" (Judges 13:17-18)

See, God and celestial beings are too big to be concerned with names..:)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only translating-NT that remained is Catholicism translating.

Not sure what you mean by this but there is a lot of Greek texts of the New Testament left and books that you can buy that have photo copies of them. Best to go back to the scriptures in the original tongue. Thanks to the dead sea scrolls we have some Hebrew texts and some old Greek texts from the Septuagint.

Status
Not open for further replies.