Are Mormons Christians? (Latter Day Saints)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just putting this out there: it is faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, that saves a person. That faith is the tree that bears the Good fruit.
I agree….but it’s not just “faith“ because the “many” whom Jesus says he will reject at the judgment, declare that they have faith by calling Jesus their “Lord”….yet he will confess to them…”I never knew you!” (Matt 7:21-23)
Think about that for a moment and ask yourself, how many of those who are here on this forum declare ‘faith in Jesus Christ’, and yet will be horrified at being barred from everlasting life because they clung to the lies rather than to accept the truth? They accepted a chosen delusion, rather than an inconvenient truth. (2 Thess 2:11-12)
The Bible and knowledge are super great things that can & should fertilize that tree of faith. But it's faith alone that saves.
No sorry, Jesus proves that “faith” can be based on delusion, and that even the demons ”believe”….it’s not going to save them, is it?

There is so much more to “believing” than just believing. You have to love the truth and follow Jesus in all his teachings and back them up with Christian works……we cannot accept as Scripture, that which was written by a self proclaimed prophet whose writings find no support in any part of the Bible. If you wish to believe Mr Smith, that is your prerogative, but his teachings are just his words…there is no support in history or archeology for a thing he wrote about Jesus in America….nor is there support for believing that we all existed as spirits in heaven before our human birth.
It’s the same kind of faith that all false prophets promote…..there is no substance or biblical support for any of it.…yet it is swallowed, hook, line and sinker by a vast number of people……I can only ask..why?
The devil is apparently very persuasive…..(1 John 5:19)