Are most people masochists?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
i tend to think a lot of people are masochists.

a lot of married women put up with terrible abuse from their husbands... in the name of "love" so called... in the name of economic security... I have seen this over and over.

some men are not always terribly abusive until.. honeymoon is over..

And so people get used to be being abused.. not just married women, but, well, sad to say, children who are abused in childhood end up abusing themselves in adulthood... very sad. Sometimes they are not even remotely aware they are abusing themselves (not living up to their potential.. letting others use them as a dormat, etc...). The unconscious is a very interesting thing..

anyway, then we have our national situation... So many people vote for lawless, seflish, amoral narcissistic creeps.. .and then we wonder why things are so messed up..

so, yeh, it looks like most of us tend to be masochists..

Mozzie

Aug 22, 2016
Western Australia
Sadly it is true, generally it is past on to children as they see their parents carrying on, i don;t think there will ever be a solution to this unless they ask Christ to help shape their lives..

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Mozzie said:
Sadly it is true, generally it is past on to children as they see their parents carrying on, i don;t think there will ever be a solution to this unless they ask Christ to help shape their lives..
That's what worked for me. Once a person knows Jesus loves him/her and forgives, the person can say So long to mere humans who so often cannot forgive you for looking at them cross-eyed..

biggest irony of all: humans do not forgive, Jesus who is absolutely perfect forgives any repented of sin

humans are so arrogant... or just ignorant... usually both

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Democrat policies are destroying us and yet

"we" keep voting for them

If that is not masochist, i don't know what is... thank God some people are not masochists.. Republicans, conservatives..

I am sure many of us have seen abusive relationships before, how the abuser controls the abused.. and well, there are m any different ways to control... subtly or otherwise.. The Ds use subterfuge... lies...

they know that if they lie enough... repeat the same lies over and over and over, people will eventually believe their lies...

and why shouldn't they do that?

It works

(with the masochists)

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
voting for liberals is one of the worst kinds of masochism...

when they are in the WH, there is chaos, lying, corruption...mayhem and misery... putting petty things like climate change which is not a huge problem over humans beings... The Democrats are no longer even true Democrats... just lefties...

the party of baby killers