Are the personal sins of others, our business?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you paranoid about the Genesis Flood that is clearly Biblical doctrine??? It's fact Aspen. Accept the Bible or reject it. You cannot sit on the fence.

I accept your apology for derailing my thread.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Are we called to point out the personal sins of others? Will we be judged based on the sins of others? Should we overlook the sins of others when we love them through service (House of Charity vs. Union Gospel Mission approach to serving the homeless)? Why does God allow us to see the personal sins of others?

There is nothing wrong with pointing out a fault or sin in another, so as long as it is done in love. But we should not make it a habit of going around and pointing out people's sins, because it gives the impression of self-righteousness.....but rather, we should be the first to look at our own self and make sure that we are not the one that is blind, because we have a planks sticking out of our eyes. We are being judged now buy what we are doing, and not by what someone else does. The question is not why does God allow us to see the sins of others. We see the sins of others because we are around them and hear and see what they do. It does not take much to see people's faults.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with pointing out a fault or sin in another, so as long as it is done in love. But we should not make it a habit of going around and pointing out people's sins, because it gives the impression of self-righteousness.....but rather, we should be the first to look at our own self and make sure that we are not the one that is blind, because we have a planks sticking out of our eyes. We are being judged now buy what we are doing, and not by what someone else does. The question is not why does God allow us to see the sins of others. We see the sins of others because we are around them and hear and see what they do. It does not take much to see people's faults.

I think your post is reasonable. All I would add is that we need to judge ourselves by the sins we see in others first. I agree that sins in others are very easy to see.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am i my Brothers keeper. yes!

You know, honestly, Rosenberger - I thought you were simply nuts when you first started posting - I didn't understand a damn thing you were saying - but as I continue to read and get to know you - I really like what you have to say. Thanks for your post.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011

That is a good point, we have to be careful there is a very fine line between helping a brother in need and self righteous judging. The devil and his minions are very skilled at turning well meaning biblical instructions into pride.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a good point, we have to be careful there is a very fine line between helping a brother in need and self righteous judging. The devil and his minions are very skilled at turning well meaning biblical instructions into pride.

That is a tough issue for me, Comm. I understand what you are saying - but I am also cringing. In order to escape the dichotomy, I advocate for loving unconditionally - let God sort them out!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
"Are the personal sins of others, our business?"

Ezekiel 33:8-9 (NKJV)
8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

A LOT of 'Christians' have blood on their hands.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
That is a tough issue for me, Comm. I understand what you are saying - but I am also cringing. In order to escape the dichotomy, I advocate for loving unconditionally - let God sort them out!

Well you do sort of point out peoples faults for a living right ? I understand it comes from a good place, I wanted to be a psychologist too for a while to help people I've seen a few as well and sometimes it really does help to talk to someone.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearing things up for you is accepting your opinion. Bless you Bush hater!

Far from it, brother! All I ask is that people read my opinion and understand my point of view. It is entirely up to you to decide if you agree with me or not.