Are We Still Calling Bigfoot A Legend?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
This Vale Of Tears said:
My contention is that if we discount the eyewitness accounts, then we similarly discount Christianity, a faith given to us by eyewitness account. To me it's the most important evidence of all.
Then by the exact same standard, you must accept that Mohammed ascended into heaven, The Buddha produced both fire and water from his body, aliens have been abducting people off the earth and probing them, etc.

It's not likely that a hunter is going to bag one because, believe it or not, many states have passed laws against hunting Bigfoot.
You ever work at a check station? They shoot everything, whether it's legal or not! They shoot dogs, people in their back yards, cows, each other (even when wearing bright orange)...so to suggest that the only reason that no hunter has ever shot a bigfoot is because it's illegal is naive and wishful thinking to the nth degree.

DNA evidence is our best hope, as well as video footage more credible than the blurry Patterson film. Eventually we'll have that, but even before it comes to light officially I'm a believer. My whole family is and for many generations.
You're going to have to do better than "un-reviewed DNA sequences printed by an unethical nutjob in a 'journal' that she owns herself".

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
River Jordan said:
Then by the exact same standard, you must accept that Mohammed ascended into heaven, The Buddha produced both fire and water from his body, aliens have been abducting people off the earth and probing them, etc.

Most of those who have reported to have seen Bigfoot are here to tell the tale. This isn't some legend, this is a creature that intelligent people are seeing roaming in the most virgin forests in our nation.

You ever work at a check station? They shoot everything, whether it's legal or not! They shoot dogs, people in their back yards, cows, each other (even when wearing bright orange)...so to suggest that the only reason that no hunter has ever shot a bigfoot is because it's illegal is naive and wishful thinking to the nth degree.

You seem to miss the point. Nobody is going to bring in a Bigfoot carcass when they know they'll be arrested for it.

You're going to have to do better than "un-reviewed DNA sequences printed by an unethical nutjob in a 'journal' that she owns herself".

You missed the point again. Eyewitness accounts, including those in my own family, are all the persuasion that's needed.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Obviously you have a significant emotional stake in this argument, so I'm content just to leave it here.