Are Women Made in God’s Image?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, Berean Standard Bible, Genesis 1:

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man
man
אָדָ֛ם (’ā·ḏām)
Noun - masculine singular
Strong's 120: Ruddy, a human being

singular to mean mankind

in Our image, after Our likeness, to rule
to rule
וְיִרְדּוּ֩ (wə·yir·dū)
Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Conjunctive imperfect - third person masculine plural
Strong's 7287: To tread down, subjugate, to crumble off

plural verb

over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, and over all the earth itself and every creature that crawls upon it."
New International Version:

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
English Standard Version, Genesis 5:

1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man,
The Hebrew language was male-dominant.

he made him in the likeness of God. 2 Male and female
But it included females as well.

he created them, and he blessed them and named them Mana when they were created. 3When Adam had lived 130 years, he fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.
Again, the culture emphasized males, but Adam also had daughters, which were not mentioned.

Genesis 9:

6 God said to Noah, “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own image.”
Was killing a woman okay? Of course not. Again and again, "man" included woman as well.

Berean Standard Bible, James 3:

9 With the tongue we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men,
i.e., men and women

who have been made in God’s likeness.

Yes, indeed. The confusion is due to the ancient Hebrew male-dominant culture and language.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are Women Made in God’s Image?​

The answer is yes, but man is higher in authority than woman. God has an order, and I am a woman saying that. Houses and "pedigree" in scriptures is the man. Numbers 1:18.
Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Woman was within man, she didn't require a breath to live right? God let man name her right? You get into deep things they do not teach and only God can show you within the word. Have you ever ask Father God that question? I have. You do know He is Father/mother yes? Mother was put away, did you know that? Isaiah 50:1. Not divorced. This is why there is no marriage in heaven.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Berean Standard Bible, Genesis 1:

man
אָדָ֛ם (’ā·ḏām)
Noun - masculine singular
Strong's 120: Ruddy, a human being

singular to mean mankind

to rule
וְיִרְדּוּ֩ (wə·yir·dū)
Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Conjunctive imperfect - third person masculine plural
Strong's 7287: To tread down, subjugate, to crumble off

plural verb

New International Version:

English Standard Version, Genesis 5:

The Hebrew language was male-dominant.

But it included females as well.

Again, the culture emphasized males, but Adam also had daughters, which were not mentioned.

Genesis 9:

Was killing a woman okay? Of course not. Again and again, "man" included woman as well.

Berean Standard Bible, James 3:

i.e., men and women

Yes, indeed. The confusion is due to the ancient Hebrew male-dominant culture and language.
I completely agree. However, our Western "confusion" is due to our skepticism regarding God's stated order of creation, which began with the male, but did not render the female inferior.

The curses that arose for each gender resulted from the original parents, Adam and Eve, who sinned differently in the beginning. And this impacted the gender relationships following the original order. Wives were required to submit to flawed husbands, and husbands were required to suffer labor issues in providing for their wives and families.

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were both called Adam before sin, male and female, the life giving one, man and woman, mankind with a womb, Eve was given her name by her husband, speaking life to her fruit she would bear. They were helpmeets to each other in the garden. In submitting to our spouses man is to love us as Christ loves the church, a provider, a banner, a healer.... when a man loves like that woman has no problem submitting, and being ONE with him as was intended.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Are Women Made in God’s Image?​

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27