Are Ya'all Serious!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe covetousness is the original sin.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

What did Eve do? She lusted or coveted the things of the world.
And they knew immediately they had sinned.
And that sin opened the door to breaking every other commandment.

Greed comes from covetousness. Wars come from Greed, Death comes from Wars.

And covetousness leads us away from God.
covetousness is the deception that the world has better things to offer than God.

If it's not the original, I would think it's pretty close to the top of the list of no-no's

Hugs
Amen!
Probably almost anything we do that is against God can be traced back to... as you say... covetousness. This is effectively what Jesus did when he expressed it or them as the two great commandment upon which hung all of the law and the prophets.

Give God the glory!