Are You A Hebrew?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:1-2 (NKJV)
1 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

Romans 11:26-27 (NKJV)
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

God bless Israel! And may God clean up this mess called "Christianity" in Jesus' Name!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews
Chapter 8

For if that first covenant had been faultless,
then should no place have been sought for the second.
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold,
the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant
that I made with their fathers in the day
when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the
house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind,
and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour,
and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me,
from the least to the greatest.
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness,
and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old.
Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

In the 8th chapter of the Book of Hebrews
the author states the beginning of a NEW COVENANT
and the end of the OLD COVENANT.
"In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old.
Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

In this NEW COVENANT the author states:
"saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind,
and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God,
and they shall be to me a people".
The author also states that
these people who God put in their hearts His laws "shall not teach every man his neighbour,
and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me,
from the least to the greatest".

QUESTION 1:
Why is it this does not fit any of you?
Or any of the other Christians in this world.
How do you explain it?

Why is the new covenant that you say you have with God
is not the same NEW COVENANT with God as recorded in Hebrews?
1. The Covenant was made with the Jews, yes--Peter and the Apostles--and they were commanded to go and disciple the nations Matthew 28:19. This was because they were appointed as a "Light to the Nations [Gentiles]".
What was the intended effect of that discipleship? To cause the knowledge of God to cover the earth as the waters cover the seas--to bring them out of the kingdom of darkness and into the Son of God's Kingdom of Light.
The Covenant was made with the Jews, and the Gentiles were "grafted in" (Romans 11, Ephesians 2:12) after the fact ("the Jew first and also the Greek" Romans 1:16, Romans 2:9-10)--this provision (foreigners could join Israel) was already presented and active under the Old Covenant.

2. According to the authoritative writings of Paul the Apostle (anyone rebelling against Paul is not Christian), Abraham ("Father of Many Nations" was the meaning of his name--and through him God said He would bless the families of the earth) was specifically declared in right standing before God prior to having received circumcision so that he would be the father to the uncircumcised Gentiles Romans 4:9-12.

3. 1 Thessalonians 4:9 Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another"--yet ,in the very same letter, Paul is teaching them certain doctrines. So, we see that there are different categories of "teaching"--some teachings are given to humble men like Paul to disseminate to the body for its edification, but there is another sort of "teaching", "love one another" (the fulfillment of the entire Law is "love your neighbor as yourself"--this is God's will), which God teaches to each and every believer.

4. Black Hebrew Israelites (ie, "wannabe Jews") don't sound like Paul, an actual verifiable (not a false wannabe) Jew, at all--they, tragically, sinfully boast "we gon' have servants!", whereas Paul said "I have become a servant to all!" 1 Corinthians 9:19-22. Pro-tip : if your fruit is bad (and Black Hebrew Israelites' fruit is), and your speech doesn't match Paul's, your interpretations of Old Testament Scriptures (eg, "we gon' have slaves!") are probably off.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where will Jesus return? Israel!

Zechariah 14:1-21 (KJV)
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, ...
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, ...
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, ...
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Amen! Come Lord Jesus! Have mercy on the Jew haters! God bless Israel!