Are you a wise virgin? Can you recognize the bridegroom's voice?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Loretta

Oct 29, 2015
Mat 25:1 Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins, the friends of the bride, who took their lights, and went out with the purpose of meeting the husband.

Mat 25:2 And five of them were foolish, and five were wise.
Mat 25:3 For the foolish, when they took their lights, took no oil with them.
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lights.
Mat 25:5 Now the husband was a long time in coming, and they all went to sleep.
Mat 25:6 But in the middle of the night there is a cry, The husband comes! Go out to him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins got up, and made ready their lights.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said to the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lights are going out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise made answer, saying, There may not be enough for us and you; it would be better for you to go to the traders and get oil for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to get oil, the master came; and those who were ready went in with him to the feast: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 After that the other virgins came, saying, Lord, Lord, let us in.
Mat 25:12 But he made answer and said, Truly I say to you, I have no knowledge of you.
Mat 25:13 Keep watch, then, because you are not certain of the day or of the hour.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
From what I've read on this subject, the wedding took place elsewhere and
the groom, with his new bride, was now returning home to celebrate; and
the ten girls were only just a small portion of the number of people
attending the reception. In other words: the ten girls weren't the only ones
there that night with lamps. Everybody had one; it was a gala.

It seems to me that the five foolish girls were foolish not because they were
out of oil, but because they left the ocassion. They should have stayed.

The foolish girls didn't stop to think before running off. They allowed their
concern over a trifle to cause them to lose sight of what really mattered.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

LOUYRE

Nov 22, 2015
Loretta said:
Mat 25:1 Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins, the friends of the bride, who took their lights, and went out with the purpose of meeting the husband.

Mat 25:2 And five of them were foolish, and five were wise.
Mat 25:3 For the foolish, when they took their lights, took no oil with them.
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lights.
Mat 25:5 Now the husband was a long time in coming, and they all went to sleep.
Mat 25:6 But in the middle of the night there is a cry, The husband comes! Go out to him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins got up, and made ready their lights.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said to the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lights are going out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise made answer, saying, There may not be enough for us and you; it would be better for you to go to the traders and get oil for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to get oil, the master came; and those who were ready went in with him to the feast: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 After that the other virgins came, saying, Lord, Lord, let us in.
Mat 25:12 But he made answer and said, Truly I say to you, I have no knowledge of you.
Mat 25:13 Keep watch, then, because you are not certain of the day or of the hour.
Are you a wise virgin? Can you recognize the bridegroom's voice? “Break Through the Snare” tells you a true testimony of a wise virgin who is taken up before God’s throne.
[Removed]