Are you evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you evil?

• Total voters

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think of God as pure white (good)
This world is grey with sin, some to the point of blackness. One drop of black makes white grey.

Is anyone without sin besides the Christ? Humanity is evil, even if we are just a little evil. The angels need only to have one sin to fall. No man besides the Christ always did what was pleasing to the Father. There is none good but God, and Christ is good.

The preacher says all is vanity...so in our every thought, word, or deed we are vain.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Yet those in Christ are saints, forgiven, being sanctified by God for our redemption from corruption. In such though we all still need a mediator for I know of no one who has perfected his/her walk.

“I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am”
John Newton

Are we evil?

Evil is live spelled backwards...does anyone live perfectly? Do we know of anyone who is fully sanctified besides those present with the Lord? Yes we can avoid some sins like murder, adultery, theft...yet who avoids vanity? Who avoids pride? Who is completely selfless?

12 Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me:
Then shall I be upright,
And I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth,
And the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight,
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

We all still need the Christ, even those who believe...there is none good but God.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
To me "evil" people would be the likes of Heinrich Himmler , Joseph Mengele , all pedophiles , most murderers and serial killers and anyone who has a deep hatred for fellow humans.

Most people are not like that , and their imperfections should be labeled as sin , rather than evil.

But from Gods point of view there certainly is evil within the human race .... and we are all capable of it ... so God provided a savior for the human race , even though not everybody takes advantage of it.

mikew

May 18, 2014
Michigan, U.S.A.
That's a very good answer, Arnie, and I agree with it. People are fallible, but not all seek to harm, dispossess, enslave or exploit others.

Mike

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
In extremis we all fall short!
Romans 3:23.
When using our freewill, we come to Christ Jesus and His offer of Salvation; we are sealed in heaven, Eph.1:13; 4:30; 2Cor.1:22.
We then await the "call" to resurrection in Christ; whether in life, or after the first death.
We are given at the "sealing", "the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee"; which, although we still possess "fallen nature" (that Paul lamented); will help us to resist all temptation, if we will against it!
So; in conclusion; we are still possessed of the fallen nature until we are completed; if we sin we hurt the indwelling holy spirit of Christ, but to say we are "evil" in the context of the above question is doubtful; when compared with those who do not have the Christ Spirit indwelling!
Floyd.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I hope this topic wasn't a stumbling block for anyone. My apologies if it was.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
If there is none good but God by its very meaning Jesus must be saying something in him is not good. ;)
I read rubbish like this and it just makes my blood boil, Good riddance is all I can say.

My personal view is that through sanctification we have been made clean (this is obvious) this means Holy, and we are told to be Holy as our Father is Holy,
I dont think we should consider ourselves evil if God has made us clean through the atoning blood of his only begotten Son.

How can you call yourselves evil, if you believe in the cross????

So in veiw of the work on the cross we are not evil if we accept Christ and the work he did on that cross. But everyday we strive to conform to his image this is the heartfelt attitude of repentance.
an evil heart has no need for repentance. Nor would it care to be like Christ.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I believe evil is the result of sin, and since I've sinned, I reckon I'm responsible for the evil resulting from sin..

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
There is a MASSIVE difference between a person who sins and repents and someone who is Evil!

What God has made good is not also evil!!

Christianity 101 guys c'mon!

DEMONS are evil, Gods children are not!

You may as well say you don't believe in what Christ did for you.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:
There is a MASSIVE difference between a person who sins and repents and someone who is Evil!

Well said!
Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Madad21 said:

Thank you for caring for sure!

Unbelievably angelic, agreeing to agree with brother Floyd also!

Old disagreeable Jack

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I wanted to know how to answer someone that calls me evil.

My wording in the OP was "currently evil." Isn't the sanctifying work of the spirit ongoing? Our confidence is that he will carry it to completion.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
No bud your not currently evil, there is a force in this world though that is.
You are a sinner like me, we have a fallen disposition (I dont want to say nature, God didnt make us to have a nature for sin)
Our sin is the result of the evil force in the world.

A currently evil person has no regard for Christ, loves money and things. Has no problem hurting others to get what they want. Has no remorse for anything they do.
and they are only currently evil because their time is short as you well know.

But you though you sin, have put off the old self and taken up a new Spirit, this is a Spirit of repentance, Gods Spirit does not dwell in a person with any evil intent.
You have heard it said that the body is the temple for the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:19)

If anyone asks you say something like "No I am a Child of the living God, Jesus is my Messiah not Satan" the rest is a good opportunity to discuss with them why.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Madad21 said:
No bud your not currently evil, there is a force in this world though that is.
You are a sinner like me, we have a fallen disposition (I dont want to say nature, God didnt make us to have a nature for sin)
Our sin is the result of the evil force in the world.

A currently evil person has no regard for Christ, loves money and things. Has no problem hurting others to get what they want. Has no remorse for anything they do.
and they are only currently evil because their time is short as you well know.

But you though you sin, have put off the old self and taken up a new Spirit, this is a Spirit of repentance, Gods Spirit does not dwell in a person with any evil intent.
You have heard it said that the body is the temple for the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:19)

If anyone asks you say something like "No I am a Child of the living God, Jesus is my Messiah not Satan" the rest is a good opportunity to discuss with them why.
Excellent Madad; I love what you said here!
Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Floyd said:
Excellent Madad; I love what you said here!
Floyd.
Aw shucks Floyd. now I have to take back all those nasty things I said about you :p

You da man bud, love ya right back!!!!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
We now recogonize evil.............Looking in our mirror......before Christ......we saw what we are.....With Christ....we see what we were.....and we are now a new ARE :)

A new creation............behold......

A man who trys to change his life on his own.......................has changed nothing.

It aint about...death & taxes..................It's about heaven or hell.

My calling is to take the most wretched person and lead them to Christ........why?
Well.................first off they are fun to watch while Jesus is loving on them and forgiving their sins.........and second
ANOTHER WARRIOR IS BORN!!!!!!

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
In so far that I exist, I am good. In so far that I exist as a sinner, I am evil. Yet again, all men are loved by God, so they are good.

So, what is the question? If you're talking about the very substance of my existence, I am evil because my very substance is corrupted by sin. If you're talking about the grand picture, I am a loved child of God, and I am therefore good. If you're talking about just existence in and of itself and not including the corruption of sin within, I am good.

So which ever you're asking, there are my answers.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
shturt678 said:
Thank you folks for caring!

I don't think God made us evil beings, however we are capable of being evil, or wicked beings as is obvious...not refuting anyone.

Old Jack kicking this around with myself
Hey!!!!!!!!!! watch where you kickin that thing..........you just broke my lamp.....

Ol Rander.........always playin with Ol Jack

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
RANDOR said:
Hey!!!!!!!!!! watch where you kickin that thing..........you just broke my lamp.....

Ol Rander.........always playin with Ol Jack
You and I are kicking the "power of sin" over us in the backside. Today is the day to take every little tiny itsy bitsy secret sin to the Cross letting our Lord break those chains....sadly some of our Bibles say that God created evil, and not true...someone else created that.

Old Jack looking within for any secret sin this morning.