Are you just a mere creature of chance ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
That's because you won't see anything you want unless if you go to experience it first hand! No one can give you what you want on a silver platter. The evidence I gave you was things that support the existence of God.If you want your evidence so bad, repent, receive the holy spirit, and soak in the presence of God.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
None of this proves the existence of God, just as it doesn't disprove the existence of God. It's not postive or negative. It's 0.Why does one have to believe, in order to get evidence? It makes no sense. I have trust, sure but to believe something that has such a profound (supposed) effect on your life without any evidence is rather ignorant.Not to mention, you're forgetting one thing. I used to be a Christian... maybe not a hardcore, church going one but a Christian nonetheless... and I still had no evidence then.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Pildit;37421)
None of this proves the existence of God, just as it doesn't disprove the existence of God. It's not postive or negative. It's 0.Why does one have to believe, in order to get evidence? It makes no sense. I have trust, sure but to believe something that has such a profound (supposed) effect on your life without any evidence is rather ignorant.Not to mention, you're forgetting one thing. I used to be a Christian... maybe not a hardcore, church going one but a Christian nonetheless... and I still had no evidence then.
Because it's faith. And through faith God reveals himself. There is evidence that supports God is real. And you're one of them.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
Exactly. It's faith. As Jesus said "Faith is believing without seeing".Show me, the evidence. The solid evidence. Please.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Pildit,you need revelation from God . We can't give it to you. It's supernatural. If you really seek Him you'll find Him. That's His promise. You don't want to hear it possibly,but truly only God can reveal Himself to you the way that you are satisfied, we can't do it for you.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Pildit;37391)
Gods guidence COULD be explained by pyschology and to a degree the domino effect of events before the event in question.
Pildit, how would you explain God's guidance by psychology? Psychology is man made like science, people studying and trying to find out what God already knows.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;37559)
Pildit,you need revelation from God . We can't give it to you. It's supernatural. If you really seek Him you'll find Him. That's His promise. You don't want to hear it possibly,but truly only God can reveal Himself to you the way that you are satisfied, we can't do it for you.
I know you can't do it for me, however at this point, this is part of my seeking. I don't know where to look for him to reveal himself to me or for that evidence. Yes of course I'm aware you can't look for him on my behalf but since you already know where he is... it's a good place or one of a few good places to start.(Thunder1;37561)
Pildit, how would you explain God's guidance by psychology? Psychology is man made like science, people studying and trying to find out what God already knows.
Basically people like to think that everything will be okay, if it's not all the more so. It's comforting to think that you're on a path that in the end, all will be fine. Regardless of that, they make their choices and rationalise them to the best of their ability. Of course it's just as possible that it is God.This is just one of the many things I'm pondering right now, so please feel free to expand on your point.