Are you ready for Judgment Day?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matt. 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Epi, I can’t see Born Again in that scripture, ....thanks for taking the time though to answer my post.

Only the Holy Spirit can keep us awake, as we have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Being Born Again is a done deal....no sleeping on the job,hehe....seriously.

John 3:3
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

English Standard Version
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are confusing mercy and righteousness...with holiness and truth. A VERY common lack of understanding among those who are trained by men. God judges all people according to their righteousness...their works. Even the white robes of the saints are THEIR righteousness.
I haven't been trained by men. God will judge by whether people's names are in the book of life. Which life is only found in Christ. White robes are not of our own, they are GIVEN according to scripture and thus the righteousness thereof is IMPUTED to the wearer.....and those robes are made white by being washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Without the divine balance there is no truth. In your scheme...no believer is judged by their own works. But the fact that the opposite is true doesn't give you any pause whatsoever...so you continue to advance deeper into error.
I don't see you presenting any balance unfortunately. You deny so much that is clearly written in scripture. I agree we are judged by our works as well........and the chief work is to believe on He whom God sent as Jesus said.....but also the works that proceed from that faith..

INTO Christ...not a human belief. John is speaking in spiritual terms...not in a carnal religious formula. No human interpretation stands up to the mystery of Christ...and the power that translates people into a divine communion with the living God.
Yes, amen. But what you don't seem to grasp is that born again believers have been translated into divine communion with the living God. We have been reconciled to Him.....He speaks to us and we speak to Him, back and forth. His sheep know His voice. He is intimately involved in our lives and we are intimately involved with Him. That is what being born of the Spirit and receiving a genuine living FAITH in Christ does. (as opposed to mere mental nominal belief)

Necessary for divine fellowship...and salvation FROM sin. God is holy. There is NO fellowship with God without holiness. Hence the need to enter INTO Christ and partake of HIS holiness.
Those who have come to genuine living faith in Christ which is not of our own, and thus have been born of the Spirit have entered into fellowship with Him....that is what being reconciled to Him means....we have been restored into fellowship with God....a living relationship with Him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't been trained by men. God will judge by whether people's names are in the book of life. Which life is only found in Christ. White robes are not of our own, they are GIVEN according to scripture and thus the righteousness thereof is IMPUTED to the wearer.....and those robes are made white by being washed in the blood of the Lamb.

I don't see you presenting any balance unfortunately. You deny so much that is clearly written in scripture. I agree we are judged by our works as well........and the chief work is to believe on He whom God sent as Jesus said.....but also the works that proceed from that faith..

Yes, amen. But what you don't seem to grasp is that born again believers have been translated into divine communion with the living God. We have been reconciled to Him.....He speaks to us and we speak to Him, back and forth. His sheep know His voice. He is intimately involved in our lives and we are intimately involved with Him. That is what being born of the Spirit and receiving a genuine living FAITH in Christ does. (as opposed to mere mental nominal belief)

Those who have come to genuine living faith in Christ which is not of our own, and thus have been born of the Spirit have entered into fellowship with Him....that is what being reconciled to Him means....we have been restored into fellowship with God....a living relationship with Him.
march on through the trenches dear sister . praise be to the glorious LORD .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am bent, but your the one saying you can save yourself by your own righteousness?

Your the one making him out to be a liar. I am not righteous, I have his righteousness in me.. Just like abraham did, Because he believed God.

I am not religious my friend. Religion looks to self. not God.. Your the religious one,

He is correct

If you think your righteous, you have no reason to repent.

If you think you can save yourself. you have no reason to repent.

If your not washed by the blood by becoming like the tax collector. You will not be at the BEMA judgment, You will be at the great white throne judgment.

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Those bent comments of his are bent and are uncalled for, golly. :rolleyes: Episkopos seems to even assume that because we believe what God says has been given to us through the Christ, that we are ascribing it to ourselves as being of ourselves and congratulating ourselves for it. But while some might have that attitude, it certainly is not necessarily true of all.........we can and need to believe what God has done, through His Son, knowing it has not been earned or owed to us and being grateful for it. We love Him because He first loved us. His righteousness has been imputed to us even though we still need to repent or overcome in some area from time to time as we go along if we mess up or fall short in some way. (That is different from keeping on in a lifestyle of willful and deliberate sins though.) Abraham was commended for his faith in believing what God promised even though his body was as good as dead. God calls those things which be not as though they are. We are not righteous of our own selves but it has pleased God to call us righteous anyway......and who dares to argue with Him? Facts are just facts, while what HE says is truth. Truth trumps mere facts. If God decrees something it is true no matter what the facts look like. Called walking by faith not by sight.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Episkopos, even the unbelieving Jews, chosen people of God, who were seeking to establish their own righteousness through good works of the Law…….could not find salvation in that. But needed to submit to the righteousness of God, ie, submit to and obey the GOSPEL which is only through faith.

Rom 9:30-33

What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

(Jesus has been set up in Zion like a filter screen that we have to go through to enter the Kingdom....He filters out those who don't come to Him by faith. He is the sheepgate that we are not to enter the sheepfold by any other way......if anyone tries to enter another way they are are turfed out in the end......like those who are found to not have wedding garments on.....wheat and tares, sheep and goats.)

Rom 10:3-4

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 4:4-14

Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his FAITH is counted for righteousness

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. (Therefore “the meek shall inherit the earth” – is not through their own works/righteousness but through the righteousness of faith)

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the PROMISE made of none effect

The promises are yes and amen, and FAITH is needed to receive/believe them, like Abraham had faith to believe God's promises to him even though his body was as good as dead…like our body is dead because of sin. I don't know how anyone can see Romans 4 in any other way. Clearly it says that righteousness is imputed without works of righteousness. And that our sins are covered. Two things that you deny, though I hope you'll reconsider them.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those bent comments of his are bent and are uncalled for, golly. :rolleyes: Episkopos seems to even assume that because we believe what God says has been given to us through the Christ, that we are ascribing it to ourselves as being of ourselves and congratulating ourselves for it. But while some might have that attitude, it certainly is not necessarily true of all.........we can and need to believe what God has done, through His Son, knowing it has not been earned or owed to us and being grateful for it. We love Him because He first loved us. His righteousness has been imputed to us even though we still need to repent or overcome in some area from time to time as we go along if we mess up or fall short in some way. (That is different from keeping on in a lifestyle of willful and deliberate sins though.) Abraham was commended for his faith in believing what God promised even though his body was as good as dead. God calls those things which be not as though they are. We are not righteous of our own selves but it has pleased God to call us righteous anyway......and who dares to argue with Him? Facts are just facts, while what HE says is truth. Truth trumps mere facts. If God decrees something it is true no matter what the facts look like. Called walking by faith not by sight.
I am not sure how he keeps going..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I must say Epi, I do find a lot of your posts interesting, some of them do make a lot of sense.

We just understand differently, xx...God Bless You.

I would never like to put my understanding of the Bible above yours or anyone else’s, we just voice our opinions and beliefs...

I believe we post what God places on our hearts to post.imo..not always of course, “ ME” gets in their sometimes “ hehe..x

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi, I can’t see Born Again in that scripture, ....thanks for taking the time though to answer my post.

Only the Holy Spirit can keep us awake, as we have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Being Born Again is a done deal....no sleeping on the job,hehe....seriously.

John 3:3
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

English Standard Version
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Berean Standard Bible
Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.”

Hey RitaJ, Epi is leading you astray once again. I would not get too concerned with a lot of what he preaches. He used scripture incorrectly once again. The parable of the oil and virgins is about the 5 true believers with the oil, possessing the life of the Spirit of God that never is extinguished, who found Christ and entered through his door, and the 5 unbelievers who never possessed the Spirit of God. The latter five wee fakers, never saved, they faked their way to their own salvation, and even tried to buy or make their own way to gain the Spirit of God, in becoming saved. They ended up only finding the the closed door of Christ, slammed in their face. They did not come to his door with with his spirit and that of his Father. The inside of the 'lamp' (of your heart of spirit) is what counts not the appearance of it from the outside. These 5 virgins, without the 'oil' fooled themselves into believing only in themselves for righteousness, and were unprepared to meet our Saviour.

It one is a genuine believer, the Spirit of Christ and of the Spirit of truth will never let that person go 'asleep' to the point of stopping in their walk of life permanently. Again, Epi is wildly exaggerating and using his typical 'thou shall' scare tactics, and employed yet another of his many strawmen he creates, then beats them down using the likes of you or mein the process as proof of his completely false claims. You should have picked up on his style and level of hypocrisy by now.

He has is own opinions, and generally not scripture-based, even though, he is careful to craft his words as if his opinions are backed by scripture. Like who is a believer, who is and will be saved, what type of judgement goes to which people. This video of his I would say is the most confusing to date...he's all over the page. Vey difficult to understand and even to pick up on his main points as he brings back into his subject, segments of his doctrine from earlier videos that are also very suspect in the truth.

And to emphasis the scripture you wrote, here it is in the first part again...

(Rom 8:1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.
(Rom 8:2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(Rom 8:3) " For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for a sin offering, condemned sin, in the flesh. "
(Rom 8:4) " That the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. "
(Rom 8:5) " For they that are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. "
(Rom 8:6) " For the mind of the flesh is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. "
(Rom 8:7) " Because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be. "
(Rom 8:8) And they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
(Rom 8:9) " But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. "
(Rom 8:10) " And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of righteousness. "
(Rom 8:11) " But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies- through His Spirit that dwells in you. "

If these verses personify you in any way then you are awake indeed, in the Spirit of God, and on the track of your holy walk to the end, RitaJ

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Is this about being ready for judgement day, and how do people do that unless they believe in Jesus Christ having to die for their sins and raise again for their righteousness, and seeing Jesus strive with the Pharisees, that cant be repeated or there would still be no faith, as seen in none of the Pharisees believing in Christ.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey RitaJ, Epi is leading you astray once again. I would not get too concerned with a lot of what he preaches. He used scripture incorrectly once again. The parable of the oil and virgins is about the 5 true believers with the oil, possessing the life of the Spirit of God that never is extinguished, who found Christ and entered through his door, and the 5 unbelievers who never possessed the Spirit of God. The latter five wee fakers, never saved, they faked their way to their own salvation, and even tried to buy or make their own way to gain the Spirit of God, in becoming saved. They ended up only finding the the closed door of Christ, slammed in their face. They did not come to his door with with his spirit and that of his Father. The inside of the 'lamp' (of your heart of spirit) is what counts not the appearance of it from the outside. These 5 virgins, without the 'oil' fooled themselves into believing only in themselves for righteousness, and were unprepared to meet our Saviour.

I don’t believe Epi is deliberating leading me astray, plus imo no one can because as a Born Again I am kept by the power of God, there is no question that we can “ all” get confused in our understanding.....then we need to hand it over to the Spirit, ..and wait on him to reveal Gods truth to our heart/spirit.
It one is a genuine believer, the Spirit of Christ and of the Spirit of truth will never let that person go 'asleep' to the point of stopping in their walk of life permanently. Again, Epi is wildly exaggerating and using his typical 'thou shall' scare tactics, and employed yet another of his many strawmen he creates, then beats them down using the likes of you or mein the process as proof of his completely false claims. You should have picked up on his style and level of hypocrisy by now.

If one is truly Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God, then NO we can never fall asleep as we have been chosen for His purpose and plan....He is in control of His children....
He has is own opinions, and generally not scripture-based, even though, he is careful to craft his words as if his opinions are backed by scripture. Like who is a believer, who is and will be saved, what type of judgement goes to which people. This video of his I would say is the most confusing to date...he's all over the page. Vey difficult to understand and even to pick up on his main points as he brings back into his subject, segments of his doctrine from earlier videos that are also very suspect in the truth.
I think we all voice our own opinions, not just Epi.
And to emphasis the scripture you wrote, here it is in the first part again...

(Rom 8:1) There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus.
(Rom 8:2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(Rom 8:3) " For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for a sin offering, condemned sin, in the flesh. "
(Rom 8:4) " That the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. "
(Rom 8:5) " For they that are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. "
(Rom 8:6) " For the mind of the flesh is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. "
(Rom 8:7) " Because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be. "
(Rom 8:9) " But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. "
We must be Born Of The Spirit...only then do we have the indwelling Holy Spirit......as Spirit must give birth to spirit.....our spirit must be Born Again.
(Rom 8:10) " And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is life because of righteousness. "
(Rom 8:11) " But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give life also to your mortal bodies- through His Spirit that dwells in you. "

If these verses personify you in any way then you are awake indeed, in the Spirit of God, and on the track of your holy walk to the end, RitaJ
I understand all of that scripture and am very much Alive in the Living Spirit Of God.....I am just a useless empty vessel without the Living Spirit Of God.

I can do NOTHING without the power of Gods Spirit who is at work within me.....all Glory to God.....

Anonymous 1

May 6, 2024
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When judgement comes, it will be by the righteousness of God; for HE is NOT MOCKED!
There is nothing hidden from him ever. We deceive ourselves, or satan deceives us by the lie, into believing all is well with our souls for whatever reason.

Matthew 13:24-30
New King James Version

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares​

24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the WHEAT into my barn"

Not everyone whom claims to be following Jesus, claiming to be born again, claiming to be of the righteous, calling themselves Christian, faithful church members, stating they are being led of the Spirit, boasting they are living spiritually by the word ect are truly wheat, sheep, ready virgins, part of the bride/ church !

It seems good to balance our lives by the Spirit and the word, submitting ourselves for ONLY THE GLORY & SERVICE OF GOD.

Reactions: Zao is life

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I don’t believe Epi is deliberating leading me astray, plus imo no one can because as a Born Again I am kept by the power of God, there is no question that we can “ all” get confused in our understanding.....then we need to hand it over to the Spirit, ..and wait on him to reveal Gods truth to our heart/spirit.

If one is truly Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God, then NO we can never fall asleep as we have been chosen for His purpose and plan....He is in control of His children....

I think we all voice our own opinions, not just Epi.

We must be Born Of The Spirit...only then do we have the indwelling Holy Spirit......as Spirit must give birth to spirit.....our spirit must be Born Again.

I understand all of that scripture and am very much Alive in the Living Spirit Of God.....I am just a useless empty vessel without the Living Spirit Of God.

I can do NOTHING without the power of Gods Spirit who is at work within me.....all Glory to God.....
Are you not example that nobody believes in God on earth right now. ( we either pray always to be accounted worthy and to stand before the Son of man or we are deceived by our cares of this life.)

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only a Born Again has the Spirit of God indwelling their spirit, the Living word of God indwells His children according to his purpose and plan.

We have been Born Again of imperishable seed....those without the Spirit would not understand these words, “ Living words” spoken in Spirit and truth.

Spirit gives birth to spirit....that is the Living word of God that is backed up by his written word.

The Lord also says.

Proverbs 26​

King James Version​

26 As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
2 As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
6 He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool cutteth off the feet, and drinketh damage.
7 The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
8 As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
9 As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouths of fools.
10 The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.
11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
13 The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
14 As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.
15 The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.
16 The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
17 He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.
18 As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death,
19 So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?
20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
23 Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.
24 He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;
25 When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
26 Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation.
27 Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.
28 A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
the spirit of error must tach a lot, as it is a lot, many and must teach it has a better spirit. ( THROUGH ITS EXALTATED SPIRIT)

Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 10:15 And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.

Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Does the Spirit of truth have to make errors and avoid the sense coming its way and show exaltation is better than humility, call itself a child but be not a little humble one, but a more grown up one that is not humble at all.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
That is the spirit of error, the error of the wicked, to NOT BEWARE...

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 10
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Jesus the Good Shepherd
(Psalm 23:1–6; Ezekiel 34:11–24)
1“Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever does not enter the sheepfold by the gate, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2But the one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen for his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will flee from him because they do not recognize his voice.”
6Jesus spoke to them using this illustration, but they did not understand what He was telling them. 7So He said to them again, “Truly, truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who came before Mea were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness.
11I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.12The hired hand is not the shepherd, and the sheep are not his own. When he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf pounces on them and scatters the flock. 13The man runs away because he is a hired servant and is unconcerned for the sheep.
14I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me, 15just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep.16I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father.”
19Again there was division among the Jews because of Jesus’ message. 20Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and insane. Why would you listen to Him?”
21But others replied, “These are not the words of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
A forum where they cant interact, good examples, what are they fleeing from...

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Jesus reasoned with the Pharisees and they had to answer what was right, but they are even worse than the Pharisees to not stop for a moment, ever. ( daily talk talk talk on forums)