Are You Ready for the Rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Enoch the seventh from Adam was raptured to Heaven before the Flood (as a type of the Church), my understanding lines up with what God has revealed.
Before the wrath of GOD . exactly . Yet not before the t ribulations of men gone wrong which comes
against the lambs . Every spot i read in revelation which speaks of the wrath of GOD
comes against those who had the mark , who were damned who had followed the beast .
But in this world my advice is Prepare and be ready for tribulation . wear that badge of persecution and take it paitently .ITS coming
enoch . This we are one world and her unified false love religions are making ready a mind and a people
to come against the CHRIST and the lambs . THIS WHOLE WORLD is being ushered into this DELUSION
of the all inclusion and while it sure seems to be friendly , tolerant and loving and accepting of sins and other paths
IT SURE dont like what true christains have to say . WE are ITS ENEMEY it has made and declares war
on CHRIST and the lambs and times will only worsen TILL OUR LORD does come for us and to uproot and destroy the ungodly
who had rejected the love of the truth and were thus given over to a lie which leads and led them to the day
of perdition against ungodly men who held the truth in a lie and made this world their hope and home
and sold out Christ for a lie .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Enoch the seventh from Adam was raptured to Heaven before the Flood (as a type of the Church), my understanding lines up with what God has revealed.
Still does not fit. The ark was upon the height... of flood waters for 150 days before the waters began to recede. The ark exposed to the height of those flood waters... is what is represented by the great tribulation time for the end...

Rev 12:15-17
15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
KJV

Even in 1 Corinthians 5:7, Apostle Paul called Lord Jesus our Passover Lamb sacrificed for us, showing how Jesus is our passover protection for the time of the coming great tribulation.

In Egypt, the blood of the passover lamb was smeared on the doorposts of the children of Israel so as to be protected from the death angel.

And in Revelation 9, we are shown that ONLY those NOT 'sealed' with God's seal are subject to the stinging for "five months" (same as 150 days per Hebrew reckoning for a month equaling 30 days).

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry, but that idea of The Holy Spirit being removed is a false doctrine from men.

The one Apostle Paul was pointing to in 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7 with the "he" is NOT The Holy Spirit. It's about the Archangel Michael, for he is the one doing the 'withholding'.

Dan 10:20-21
20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth:
and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
KJV

In that Daniel 10 Chapter, Daniel is being shown events that take place in the heavenly. The "prince of Persia" there is a symbolic title for Satan himself. Archangel Michael is the one withholding the "prince of Persia" back until the time of his release.

In Revelation 12:7-9, we are shown when that withholding period will end, with the war in Heaven between Michael and his angels vs. Satan and his angels. At that future time, Satan with his angels will be literally kicked out of the heavenly dimension down to OUR earthly dimension. That event was NOT history; it is still yet to happen for the end of this world, for the coming tribulation.

Thus men's idea of The Holy Spirit being removed from earth is actually a huge joke upon the deceived. This especially because for the END Lord Jesus specifically warned those of His servants that are delivered up to give a Testimony for Him against the beast, are to only speak what The Holy Spirit gives them to say in that hour! (Mark 13:11-13).

This is actually the meaning of the Joel 2:27-32 passage that Peter quoted in Acts 2 about the cloven tongue of Pentecost. It is prophesied to manifest ESPECIALLY at the END during the tribulation as a Witness against the beast. And mind you, that "day of the Lord" timing means the 'last day' of this world, not the tribulation time like the pre-trib doctors are wrongly telling you.

Joel 2:29-31
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
KJV
Yes, Archangel Michael is the restrainer. And it is a 'HE', not a 'SHE' who is restraining.
The Bride of Christ, the church is a 'SHE' not a 'HE', so the church cannot be the restrainer who restrainers until he is taken out of the way. Nor can it be the Holy Spirit as God is always here with us. He is not removing Himself from His people who are on the earth, He promised to never leave or forsake us.

2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

When you understand what Michael has been doing for the ages, restraining and fighting-resisting Satan, you can better understand how it can easily be Michael as the 'he'.

He is a celestial being of God, and a singular person, while we plural, are the church.

Reactions: Davy

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And what about the believers on the earth during the time of the great tribulation which will test all those on the earth? If the
Holy Spirit withdraws Himself from the earth, and takes the church with Him as the church is joined as one spirit with God, what of them who believe who believe after such a rapture? God's Holy Spirit is no longer here to indwell them, He is gone? Makes no sense and disregards the words of Christ.

Revelation 3:10
Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Now this church God said He will spare them this trial, this was written to people of a church who died and went to be with the Lord and none of them experienced that specific 'hour of trial', which was to come upon the whole earth, but they all did experience trials while in the body, just like we do today. So yes, they were kept from that. So you too, if it is your time to die, will be kept from it as well.

Tribulation comes from God upon the unbelievers, and Christ also said we will experience that from the world, but not God's wrath.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Revelation 1:9

Vision of the Son of Man​

I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 2:10
Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Revelation 7​

A Multitude from the Great Tribulation​

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”
13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, [b]“Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to [c]living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 6:28
Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

John 6:29
Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

The Holy Spirit of God is still doing His work saving people, He is not gone away during the time of the great tribulation
I was taught decades ago, the Holy Spirit departs, takes His people away, and those left behind experience the wrath of God.
And if anyone gets saved they do it on their own without the help of God, which is a lie.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The blessed hope of a believer is not a secret rapture but the second appearing of Christ where every eye shall see Him.

Hebrews 9

26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

Whose salvation, and what type? The deliverance of the believer from this evil age in which we find ourselves at this time, and to give to use the greatness of the kingdoms of the whole earth, Read Daniel 7. It is a salvation for us in the last time, on the last day from this world.

Luke 19
11 Now as they heard these things, He spoke another parable, because He was near Jerusalem and because they thought the kingdom of God would appear immediately. 12 Therefore He said: “A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten [e]minas, and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We will not have this man to reign over us.’

15 “And so it was that when he returned, having received the kingdom, he then commanded these servants, to whom he had given the money, to be called to him, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 16 Then came the first, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned ten minas.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Master, your mina has earned five minas.’ 19 Likewise he said to him, ‘You also be over five cities.’

20 “Then another came, saying, ‘Master, here is your mina, which I have kept put away in a handkerchief. 21 For I feared you, because you are [f]an austere man. You collect what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 And he said to him, ‘Out of your own mouth I will judge you, you wicked servant. You knew that I was an austere man, collecting what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow. 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, that at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’

24 “And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to him who has ten minas.’ 25 (But they said to him, ‘Master, he has ten minas.’)

26 ‘For I say to you, that to everyone who has will be given; and from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

Never does Christ teach a hidden return of Himself just for believers and then He goes away to come a third time. There is only ever a second coming.
27 But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’ ”

Daniel 7, Jesus taught us only the meek shall inherit the earth.
The wicked shall be taken out of his kingdom, all those that cause offense and be cast in the fire.

19 “Then I wished to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its nails of bronze, which devoured, broke in pieces, and trampled the residue with its feet; 20 and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke [i]pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.

21 “I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.

23 “Thus he said:

‘The fourth beast shall be
A fourth kingdom on earth,
Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
And shall devour the whole earth,
Trample it and break it in pieces.
24 The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute[j] the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

26 ‘But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.
27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.’

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 13
37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.

40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

The above happens at the return of Christ, the one and only second appearing. The wicked are taken away, while the people of God inherit the earth, God has given to them the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heavens, only they inherit. The righteous are not taken away. Believers remain in the kingdom.
Old and New testament and meekness.
  1. Numbers 12:3
    (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Psalm 22:26
    The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.
  3. Psalm 25:9
    The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
  4. Psalm 37:11
    But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
  5. Psalm 45:4
    And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
  6. Psalm 76:9
    When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah.
  7. Psalm 147:6
    The Lord lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.
  8. Psalm 149:4
    For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
  9. Isaiah 11:4
    But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
  10. Isaiah 29:19
    The meek also shall increase their joy in the Lord, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.
  11. Isaiah 61:1
    The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
  12. Amos 2:7
    That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turn aside the way of the meek: and a man and his father will go in unto the same maid, to profane my holy name:
  13. Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Meekness in the New, and meek does not mean weak.
  1. Matthew 5:5
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
  2. Matthew 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
  3. Matthew 21:5
    Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
  4. 1 Corinthians 4:21
    What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?
  5. 2 Corinthians 10:1
    Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:
  6. Galatians 5:23
    Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
  7. Galatians 6:1
    Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
  8. Ephesians 4:2
    With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
  9. Colossians 3:12
    Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
  10. 1 Timothy 6:11
    But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
  11. 2 Timothy 2:25
    In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
  12. Titus 3:2
    To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
  13. James 1:21
    Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
  14. James 3:13
    Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
  15. 1 Peter 3:4
    But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
  16. 1 Peter 3:15
    But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What further proof the wicked are taken away to destruction at the second appearing?
The one many people falsely apply to a rapture of believers; in actuality it is the wicked who are taken away to be eaten by the vultures (eagles) who are birds of prey which is referring to the destruction of their dead bodies. he will take all things that offend out of His Kingdom, and the righteous will inherit the earth.

Also refer to His second appearing in Revelation 19 and the great supper of God.
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the [h]supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, [i]free and slave, both small and great.”

Luke 17

22 Then He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. 23 And they will say to you, [h]‘Look here!’ or ‘Look there!’ Do not go after them or follow them. 24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day. 25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

31 “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his [i]goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
34 I tell you, in that night there will be two [j]men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left.

35 Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. 36 [k]Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left.”

37 And they answered and said to Him, “Where, Lord?”

So He said to them, “Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.”

The eagles feed on the dead bodies of the wicked.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Archangel Michael is the restrainer. And it is a 'HE', not a 'SHE' who is restraining.
The Bride of Christ, the church is a 'SHE' not a 'HE', so the church cannot be the restrainer who restrainers until he is taken out of the way. Nor can it be the Holy Spirit as God is always here with us. He is not removing Himself from His people who are on the earth, He promised to never leave or forsake us.

2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.

When you understand what Michael has been doing for the ages, restraining and fighting-resisting Satan, you can better understand how it can easily be Michael as the 'he'.

He is a celestial being of God, and a singular person, while we plural, are the church.
Not only that above, but Archangel Michael is actually the one who will cast Satan and his angels out of the heavenly dimension in our near future that will begin the tribulation for the end of this world (see Revelation 12:7-17).

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eagle == an eagle: since eagles do not usually go in quest of carrion, this may be a vulture that resembles an eagle

Same verse in Matthew uses CARION
so bodies of the dead are eaten by vultures-eagles

Mat 24:28
For wheresoever the carcass is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

That should be enough proof that shows the 'body' is not the body of believers gathered together like flying on wings of eagles...
Which the pretrib rapturists say it is about.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eagle == an eagle: since eagles do not usually go in quest of carrion, this may be a vulture that resembles an eagle

Same verse in Matthew uses CARION
so bodies of the dead are eaten by vultures-eagles

Mat 24:28
For wheresoever the carcass is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

That should be enough proof that shows the 'body' is not the body of believers gathered together like flying on wings of eagles...
Which the pretrib rapturists say it is about.
Yes, the Pre-trib Rapture theory folks deny what Lord Jesus showed at the end of Luke 17 about where the first one 'taken' will be taken to (i.e., to wheresoever the vultures are that feast on a dead carcase). Thus Jesus compared the 1st one taken to be a spiritually dead soul, and not the symbolic chaste virgin Apostle Paul said he wanted to present to Christ Jesus when He comes.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, the Pre-trib Rapture theory folks deny what Lord Jesus showed at the end of Luke 17 about where the first one 'taken' will be taken to (i.e., to wheresoever the vultures are that feast on a dead carcase). Thus Jesus compared the 1st one taken to be a spiritually dead soul, and not the symbolic chaste virgin Apostle Paul said he wanted to present to Christ Jesus when He comes.
Sometimes, you have to unlearn what you have learned. I don't know how long that will take. I used to be a pretrib rapturist, but when I started studying scripture, it did not lead that way at all. For me it was a couple of years, not instantaneous. There is a lot of baggage people carry around with them for a long time which is just useless doctrines of men.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes, you have to unlearn what you have learned. I don't know how long that will take. I used to be a pretrib rapturist, but when I started studying scripture, it did not lead that way at all. For me it was a couple of years, not instantaneous.
Don't be concerned with the past. It's evident God has put the urge in you to know what His Word actually says by giving you unction by The Holy Spirit. I suggest you cover all of it, from Genesis 1 all the way through Revelation 22, line upon line. For me, I wasn't baptized until I turned 40, and God then hit me with the urge to know His Word, and it took around 4-5 years to learn much of the 'strong meat' that I had been missing. Yet I am still learning, as we will continue until the day we die, or the day of Christ's future return, whichever one happens first.