Are You Ready for the Rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are You Ready for the Rupture?
Yup, ascension clothes are sewn, shoes polished, hair washed and hallo on straight. :Happy:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean ready to be TAKEN by the coming false-Messiah that is prophesied to come first???

Yeah, I'm ready TO MAKE A STAND AGAINST THAT COMING FALSE ONE, which Jesus will destroy when He comes AFTER... that fake one comes first!

So which one are you guys going to go with? The first one coming, or are you going to WAIT for Jesus' coming to destroy that fake one?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You mean ready to be TAKEN by the coming false-Messiah that is prophesied to come first???

Yeah, I'm ready TO MAKE A STAND AGAINST THAT COMING FALSE ONE, which Jesus will destroy when He comes AFTER... that fake one comes first!

So which one are you guys going to go with? The first one coming, or are you going to WAIT for Jesus' coming to destroy that fake one?
I figure the devil's got that one factored in, he's no dummy; and if thats the case, how are you going to tell?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I figure the devil's got that one factored in, he's no dummy; and if thats the case, how are you going to tell?
Lord Jesus and His Apostles already gave the Church the SIGNS of the end leading up to Christ's future return to be watching. The pre-trib rapture theory churches don't teach about those SIGNS for the end involving the "great tribulation" leading up to Christ's future return.

So why are so many brethren today not listening to Him in His Word, but instead to men that are not teaching their congregations about those SIGNS? I teach about them all the time in my writings. And it's obvious not many recognize that part of God's Word, because they act like I'm speaking a foreign language when I cover those SIGNS of the end.

Reactions: Nancy

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe in a 'rapture' of sorts, but not in the timing of it as it is commonly taught. The rapture is when we are caught up to be with the Lord in the air at His return, the second coming.

Jesus only returns a second time, not a third. When Christ returns, we experience salvation from this present evil age, and the wicked of this world are destroyed.
We are looking forward to these things as they mean our deliverance from troubles the wicked impose on us, and we will inherit the earth and the wicked will be ashes under our feet.
Hebrews 9
27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

1 Peter 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance [b]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been [c]grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not [d]seen you love

2 Thessalonians 1
3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other, 4 so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and [a]tribulations that you endure, 5 which is manifest[b] evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer; 6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with [c]tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who [d]believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

1 Thessalonians 4, this is the rapture, and notice it happens at His return, when He comes a second time for our salvation from the wicked age in which we live presently. He comes to destroy the world of the wicked and set us free. That is a concurrent event.

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming​

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [b]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [c]sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep.

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hurry and get into the ARK of CHRIST for the LORD GOD shall soon destroy this place .
I probably sound like lott did to his own sons in law . Do notice his own sons in law
were destroyed with sodom . The day of the LORD is coming . And folks better know the JESUS
they follow is the biblical one . How to be ready , BELIEVE IN HE whom GOD did send . That is JESUS CHRIST .
And make sure its not another jesus or another gospel one follows , cause neither one can save us from the wrath to COME .
Now lift those hands and let all praise and thank the LORD .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hurry and get into the ARK of CHRIST for the LORD GOD shall soon destroy this place .
I probably sound like lott did to his own sons in law . Do notice his own sons in law
were destroyed with sodom . The day of the LORD is coming . And folks better know the JESUS
they follow is the biblical one . How to be ready , BELIEVE IN HE whom GOD did send . That is JESUS CHRIST .
And make sure its not another jesus or another gospel one follows , cause neither one can save us from the wrath to COME .
Now lift those hands and let all praise and thank the LORD .
Praise the Lord. Sound it out brother.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus only returns a second time, not a third. When Christ returns, we experience salvation from this present evil age, and the wicked of this world are destroyed.
We are looking forward to these things as they mean our deliverance from troubles the wicked impose on us, and we will inherit the earth and the wicked will be ashes under our feet.

What comfort is there if we get snatched off teh earth just a few moments before Jesus returns? We would have to undergo all teh sufferings of the tribulation, including getting bit by those scorpion like creatures! Only the 144,000 don't get bit.

But teh rapture is not a coming of Jesus at all, especially the second coming. The second coming is when Jesus actually comes back to earth- not descending to the atmosphere to grab us and take us home before the proverbial SHTF. that is really comforting!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is always a good idea to give a brief summary about any video. I don't watch them. As to the question posed by the video, every Christian should be ready for the Rapture at any time. But date-setting is never a good idea. What we do know -- given the condition of the world at present -- is that we are extremely close to the Second Coming of Christ. And before that happens the Resurrection/Rapture will take place. So being ready is critical at this time.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But the rapture is not a coming of Jesus at all, especially the second coming.
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, but the Rapture is definitely distinct from the Second Coming. Christ does NOT descend to earth at the Resurrection/Rapture, but He does so with all His saints and angels at the Second Coming. The very fact that He brings all His saints with Him from Heaven means that they were already brought to Heaven some time before the Second Coming.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You seem to be rather confused. The Antichrist ("the false Messiah") cannot take control until and unless the Holy Spirit and the Church (indwelt by the Spirit) are removed from the earth. Noah and his family were shut into the Ark BEFORE the Flood began. And Lot and his family were dragged out of Sodom BEFORE divine judgments came upon Sodom and Gomorrah. The reign of the Antichrist corresponds to the Tribulation period, which is reserved for the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You seem to be rather confused. The Antichrist ("the false Messiah") cannot take control until and unless the Holy Spirit and the Church (indwelt by the Spirit) are removed from the earth. Noah and his family were shut into the Ark BEFORE the Flood began. And Lot and his family were dragged out of Sodom BEFORE divine judgments came upon Sodom and Gomorrah. The reign of the Antichrist corresponds to the Tribulation period, which is reserved for the unbelieving, the ungodly, and the wicked.
and what if it doesn't unfold in the order you so confidently assert?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one who worketh the mystery of inquity has not been sleeping . its been at work
And many are now going under its guise , its deception and shall unify as one under the beast .
The beast that is and yet is not and yet is . The mother of the delusion of the all inclusion sits high
and has many kings as well as the religoins doing her work . The Father of the all inclusion is the dragon
and the whore has made ready her children to soon come against those who are quiet in the land .
Better to suffer for Christ than to sell out to a false love and end up under the wrath of GOD .
Better to suffer the wrath of man than the wrath of GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and what if it doesn't unfold in the order you so confidently assert?
There are no "what ifs" in God's plan of salvation because God has NOT appointed His children to experience wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are no "what ifs" in God's plan of salvation because God has NOT appointed His children to experience wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
so, do you think your understanding is equivalent to God's plan Enoch? :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say here, but the Rapture is definitely distinct from the Second Coming. Christ does NOT descend to earth at the Resurrection/Rapture, but He does so with all His saints and angels at the Second Coming. The very fact that He brings all His saints with Him from Heaven means that they were already brought to Heaven some time before the Second Coming.

That is what I am saying. The rapture is not part of His second coming. It is not even a coming of Jesus back to earth! It is Him simply descending into the atmosphere to scoop us up!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but that idea of The Holy Spirit being removed is a false doctrine from men.

The one Apostle Paul was pointing to in 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7 with the "he" is NOT The Holy Spirit. It's about the Archangel Michael, for he is the one doing the 'withholding'.

Dan 10:20-21
20 Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth:
and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
KJV

In that Daniel 10 Chapter, Daniel is being shown events that take place in the heavenly. The "prince of Persia" there is a symbolic title for Satan himself. Archangel Michael is the one withholding the "prince of Persia" back until the time of his release.

In Revelation 12:7-9, we are shown when that withholding period will end, with the war in Heaven between Michael and his angels vs. Satan and his angels. At that future time, Satan with his angels will be literally kicked out of the heavenly dimension down to OUR earthly dimension. That event was NOT history; it is still yet to happen for the end of this world, for the coming tribulation.

Thus men's idea of The Holy Spirit being removed from earth is actually a huge joke upon the deceived. This especially because for the END Lord Jesus specifically warned those of His servants that are delivered up to give a Testimony for Him against the beast, are to only speak what The Holy Spirit gives them to say in that hour! (Mark 13:11-13).

This is actually the meaning of the Joel 2:27-32 passage that Peter quoted in Acts 2 about the cloven tongue of Pentecost. It is prophesied to manifest ESPECIALLY at the END during the tribulation as a Witness against the beast. And mind you, that "day of the Lord" timing means the 'last day' of this world, not the tribulation time like the pre-trib doctors are wrongly telling you.

Joel 2:29-31
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
KJV

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise the Lord. Sound it out brother.
And now we are one day closer to the Coming of the glorious King .
My question to all is , Just how many more days do we think we have in this world .
Let us be living unto Christ and be watching and be ready . FOR what i say to one i say to all
Be watching for ye know not the day nor hour the SON OF Man COMETH . on that note
i simply say , amen even so come Lord Jesus . HOME is with the King . Vacation day is with the KIng
Retirment day is with the KING . We are but strangers and pilgrims on a journey day by day
and one day IT ALL ENDS IN THE BLINK of an eye . For many that day will be a day of wrath
but for the lambs a day of upmost rejoicing as we shall forever be with the KING, the LORD , GOD all mighty
Father of our Lord and savoir JESUS CHRIST . THAT IS THE DAY TO LOOK FORWARD TOO .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so, do you think your understanding is equivalent to God's plan Enoch? :)
Since Enoch the seventh from Adam was raptured to Heaven before the Flood (as a type of the Church), my understanding lines up with what God has revealed.