Assurance of salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bro. H.H.: “May I ask, exactly what you meant when you said, Many are hindered from enjoying assurance
through unnecessary fears? My reason for asking is because in Philippians 2:12 God bids His people work out
their salvation with fear and trembling.” Editor: “Your question is well taken. We must distinguish sharply
between the fears of godly jealousy and the fears of unbelief: the one is a distrusting of self, the other is a
doubting of God; the former is opposed to pride and carnal confidence, the latter is the enemy of true peace. The
eleven Apostles manifested the fear of godly jealousy when the Saviour announced that one would betray Him,
and each of them enquired, ‘Lord, is it I?’ David gave way to the fear of unbelief when he said, ‘I shall now
perish one day by the hand of Saul’ (1 Sam. 27:1). But I have interrupted your narrative; tell me how Sister
Fearing responded to your giving her Ezra 9:8.”
Bro. H.H.: “Really, it seemed to make little impression. She sighed deeply, and for a while said nothing. Then
she continued, ‘I fear it would be presumption for me to say that I have ever been revived, for a dead soul cannot
be—he must first be quickened;
probably the raising of my spirits under the reading or hearing of the Word is
nothing more than the joy of the stony-ground hearer’ (Matt. 13:20, 21). To which I replied, ‘But one who has
never been quickened has no pantings after God, never seeks Him at all, but seeks to banish Him entirely from
his thoughts.

True, he may go to church, and keep up a form of godliness before others, but there is no diligent
seeking after Him in private, no yearnings for communion with Him.’

“Perhaps, dear Sister, it may be a day of ‘small things’ (Zech. 4:10) with you. Often there is life, where there
is not strength. A child may breathe and cry, yet cannot talk or walk. If God be the object of your affection, if sin
be the cause of your grief, if conformity to Christ be the longing of your heart, then a good work has begun in
you (Phil. 1:6).

If it is indwelling sin which makes you so wretched from day to day, if it be deliverance from its
polluting affects you yearn and pray for, if it be the lustings of the flesh you are struggling against, then it must
be because a principle of holiness has been implanted in your heart. Such godly exercises are not in us by nature;
they are the products of indwelling grace. Despair not, for it is written of Christ, ‘a bruised reed shall He not
break, and smoking flax shall He not quench’ (Matt. 12:20).”

Sister Fearing: “Yes, it is one thing to understand these things intellectually, but it is quite another for God to
apply them in power to the heart:
that is what I long for, and that is what I lack.
My wound is far too deadly for
any man to heal. O that I could be sure as to whether my disrelish of sin arises from mere natural convictions of
conscience that every ungodly person feels more or less, whether they are suggestions from Satan for the purpose

of deceiving me, or whether they actually are the strivings of the new nature against the old. Nothing short of theThe Holy Spirit of God is our great Comforter.jpg
personal, mighty, and saving power of the Holy Spirit realized in my heart, will or can give me genuine relief.”

Pink
Blessings
J.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bro. H.H.: “May I ask, exactly what you meant when you said, Many are hindered from enjoying assurance
through unnecessary fears? My reason for asking is because in Philippians 2:12 God bids His people work out
their salvation with fear and trembling.” Editor: “Your question is well taken. We must distinguish sharply
between the fears of godly jealousy and the fears of unbelief: the one is a distrusting of self, the other is a
doubting of God; the former is opposed to pride and carnal confidence, the latter is the enemy of true peace. The
eleven Apostles manifested the fear of godly jealousy when the Saviour announced that one would betray Him,
and each of them enquired, ‘Lord, is it I?’ David gave way to the fear of unbelief when he said, ‘I shall now
perish one day by the hand of Saul’ (1 Sam. 27:1). But I have interrupted your narrative; tell me how Sister
Bro. H.H.: “Really, it seemed to make little impression. She sighed deeply, and for a while said nothing. Then
she continued, ‘I fear it would be presumption for me to say that I have ever been revived, for a dead soul cannot
nothing more than the joy of the stony-ground hearer’ (Matt. 13:20, 21). To which I replied, ‘But one who has
never been quickened has no pantings after God, never seeks Him at all, but seeks to banish Him entirely from
his thoughts.

True, he may go to church, and keep up a form of godliness before others, but there is no diligent

“Perhaps, dear Sister, it may be a day of ‘small things’ (Zech. 4:10) with you. Often there is life, where there
is not strength. A child may breathe and cry, yet cannot talk or walk. If God be the object of your affection, if sin
be the cause of your grief, if conformity to Christ be the longing of your heart, then a good work has begun in

If it is indwelling sin which makes you so wretched from day to day, if it be deliverance from its
polluting affects you yearn and pray for, if it be the lustings of the flesh you are struggling against, then it must
be because a principle of holiness has been implanted in your heart. Such godly exercises are not in us by nature;
they are the products of indwelling grace. Despair not, for it is written of Christ, ‘a bruised reed shall He not

Sister Fearing: “Yes, it is one thing to understand these things intellectually, but it is quite another for God to
any man to heal. O that I could be sure as to whether my disrelish of sin arises from mere natural convictions of
conscience that every ungodly person feels more or less, whether they are suggestions from Satan for the purpose

of deceiving me, or whether they actually are the strivings of the new nature against the old. Nothing short of theView attachment 21706
personal, mighty, and saving power of the Holy Spirit realized in my heart, will or can give me genuine relief.”

Pink
Blessings
J.

When it comes to salvation Joe, there are no guarantees. It is yet a long way off for most of us. Just out of curiosity, what do you believe the definition of the Biblical term salvation is.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:12
The Amplified version gives good insight to this passage:
So then, my dear ones, just as you have always obeyed [my instructions with enthusiasm], not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation [that is, cultivate it, bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity] with awe-inspired fear and trembling [using serious caution and critical self-evaluation to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit the name of Christ].

The "fear" of God is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge.
Some misunderstand this word. It means to take Him seriously, knowing that sin will be judged. The wages of sin is death ( for the unbeliever). And then for us, to know that we can be punished/chastised if we backslide and fall off the path - in this life. Bad things happen to Christians too - for a purpose. So we need to walk righteously, in fear and understanding to avoid a spanking from Daddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
through unnecessary fears?...
J.
@Hidden In Him
What is double mindedness? Who but Jesus has walked [or is walking] as a man on planet Earth who has not at times allowed darkness to surpass the Light?

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye ye double minded." James 4:8

What is the difference between what James wrote there and what Paul wrote here?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

But then consider God:

"If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Psalm 139:11-12

And our Hope...?

"For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." Psalm 18:28

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When it comes to salvation Joe, there are no guarantees. It is yet a long way off for most of us. Just out of curiosity, what do you believe the definition of the Biblical term salvation is.
σωτηρία
sötëria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

LXX related word(s)
H3444 yeshuah
H3468 yesha
H6413 peletah
H7961 shalev
H7965 shalom
H8454 tushiyyah
H8668 teshuah

Thayer Definition:
1) deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
1a) deliverance from the molestation of enemies
1b) in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the souls safety or salvation
1b1) of Messianic salvation
2) salvation as the present possession of all true Christians
3) future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly, abstract) noun
More in NTW: G6775

SALVATION-CONDEMNATION
(A) SALVATION
(1) Of God
Psa_27:1; Psa_37:39; Psa_62:2; Isa_12:2; Isa_25:9; Jer_3:23; Zep_3:17
1Ti_4:10
--SEE Redeemer, REDEEMER
(2) Only Through Christ
Luk_1:69,Luk_1:30
The only door
Joh_10:9
The only Saviour
Act_4:12
His grace sufficient
Act_15:11
His blood avails
Rom_5:9; 1Th_5:9
For the obedient
Heb_5:9
At his coming
Heb_9:28
--SEE Saviour, SAVIOUR
Faith in Christ, FAITH
(3) Conditions of
Endurance
Mat_10:22
Faith and Confession
Rom_10:9; 1Co_1:21; 1Co_15:2; 2Ti_3:15
Spiritual Receptivity
Jam_1:21
Spiritual Diligence
2Pe_1:10; 2Pe_1:11
Spiritual Cleansing
Rev_22:14
--SEE Faith, FAITH
& FAITH
Justification, JUSTIFICATION
Eternal Life, LIFE
(4) Possible to all Men
Luk_3:6; Act_2:21; Rom_5:18; Rom_10:13; 1Ti_2:4; Tit_2:11; Tit_2:12; 2Pe_3:9
--SEE Whosoever, WHOSOEVER
& WHOSOEVER
Impartiality, JUSTICE
& JUSTICE
Divine Call, INVITATIONS
Gospel Universal, GOSPEL
Gentiles, WORLD-WIDE
& WORLD-WIDE
(5) Free
Isa_55:1; Rom_3:24; Rev_22:17
--SEE Salvation (4), SALVATION
(6) Sought
1Ch_16:35; Psa_31:16; Psa_54:1; Psa_86:7; Psa_106:4; Psa_119:41; Act_16:30
--SEE Pardon Sought, SALVATION
Deliverance Sought, DELIVERANCE
(7) Promised
Psa_91:16; Isa_45:17; Mar_16:16; Luk_19:9; Act_11:14; Act_16:31
--SEE Obedience, OBEDIENCE
(8) The Gift of God
Joh_3:16; Joh_4:10; Rom_5:15; Rom_6:23; Rom_8:32; 2Co_9:15; Eph_2:8
(B) NO CONDEMNATION, for the righteous
Isa_50:9; Luk_6:37; Joh_3:18; Joh_5:24; Rom_8:1; Rom_8:34; 1Jo_3:21
(C) PARDON, DIVINE
(1) Promised
Isa_43:25; Isa_44:22; Isa_55:7; Jer_5:1; Jer_31:34; Jer_33:8; Eze_36:25
Mic_7:18; Heb_8:12; 1Jo_1:9
--SEE Forgiveness, FORGIVENESS
Mercy Promised, MERCIFULNESS
Restoration, RESTORATION
(2) Sought
Exo_32:32; Exo_34:9; Num_14:19; 1Sa_15:25; 2Sa_24:10; Psa_25:11; Psa_51:1
Dan_9:19
--SEE Mercy, MERCIFULNESS
(D) REMISSION OF SIN, general references to
Mat_26:28; Luk_3:3; Luk_24:47; Act_2:38; Rom_3:25; Heb_9:22; Heb_10:18
--SEE Sin Forgiven, SIN
Forgiveness, FORGIVENESS
(E) PROPITIATION for sin, general references to
Rom_3:25; 1Jo_2:2; 1Jo_4:10
(F) CONDEMNATION
(1) General References to
Joh_3:19; Rom_5:18; 1Co_11:34; 1Ti_3:6; Tit_3:11; Jam_5:12
(2) Men under
2Sa_24:10; Job_42:6; Psa_31:10; Psa_32:3; Eze_33:10
--SEE Conviction of Sin, GUILT
Remorse, GUILT
Self-condemnation, SELF-CONDEMNATION
(G) DIVINE VENGEANCE
Deu_32:35; Psa_94:1; Eze_25:17; Mic_5:15; Nah_1:2; Rom_12:19
2Th_1:8; Heb_10:30
--SEE Punishment, PUNISHMENT
& PUNISHMENT
Threatenings, THREATENINGS
Retribution, PUNISHMENT
& PUNISHMENT
(H) GOD'S WRATH
2Ki22:13; Psa_2:12; Joh_3:36; Rom_1:18; Rom_2:8; Eph_5:6; 1Th_2:16
--SEE God's Anger, ANGER
Indignation, ANGER
Provoking God, PROVOKING GOD
Thompson chain reference study bible

I pray you have biblical resources?
If not, let me know since there are free bible software you can download gratis.
More than willing to help and assist you dear Robert.
Blessings
J.:)

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So then, my dear ones, just as you have always obeyed [my instructions with enthusiasm], not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation [that is, cultivate it, bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity] with awe-inspired fear and trembling [using serious caution and critical self-evaluation to avoid anything that might offend God or discredit the name of Christ].

The "fear" of God is the beginning if wisdom and knowledge.
Some misunderstand this word. It means to take Him seriously, knowing that sin will be judged. The wages of sin is death ( for the unbeleiever). And then for us, know that we can be punished/chastised if we backslide and fall off the path - in this life. Bad things happen to Christians too - for a purpose. So we need to walk righteously, in fear and understanding to avoid a spanking from Daddy.
I love the AMP
Blessings
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

The "fear" of God is the beginning if wisdom and knowledge.
Some misunderstand this word. It means to take Him seriously, knowing that sin will be judged. The wages of sin is death ( for the unbeleiever). And then for us, know that we can be punished/chastised if we backslide and fall off the path - in this life. Bad things happen to Christians too - for a purpose. So we need to walk righteously, in fear and understanding to avoid a spanking from Daddy.
Lol!
Shalom to you and family
J.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him
What is double mindedness? Who but Jesus has walked [or is walking] as a man on planet Earth who has not at times allowed darkness to surpass the Light?

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye ye double minded." James 4:8

What is the difference between what James wrote there and what Paul wrote here?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Good morning, John.

I would interpret 1 Corinthians 13:12 different than you, likely, and different than most. But let me at least address the James verse, which seems relevant to the thread (and may I say the poetic and dated language of the OP narrative is a bit tough for me to follow in places, so I hope I don't get quizzed on that, Lol).

The problem in James was that there were Jewish believers who were engaging in sin - things like respect of persons, selfish ambition, and giving themselves to cursing and strife - and these sins were making them "double-minded" before the Lord. The word literally means "two-souled," or that they were like two different people before God. One day they were contrite before Him and loving Him with "their whole heart, mind soul, and strength," therefore able to trust Him for answered prayer, and a few days later they were walking in doubt because they had been cursing some brother in an argument, and seeking self-promotion in the community by "warring and fighting" with others over various doctrinal and spiritual matters. Their hearts were no longer pure before God because of these sins, hence the command, "Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts."

As to your opening question and why it would be directed to me, yes. I have blown it more times than I could count as far as losing my patience with others, and sometimes very clearly going beyond anything resembling simple "righteous indignation." Has it ever effected my assurance of salvation? No. It has simply led to disappointment in myself, and searching for ways to hopefully not do it again.

That said, some have quoted "Perfecting holiness in the fear of God." I would likely have a different take than most on this verse as well. During NT times, the judgment of God was falling upon the church, and some were falling sick and even dying as a result of those judgements (1 Corinthians 11). So there was a very genuine fear of God in operation that we do not have today because "to whom much is given much will be expected," and the early church was receiving a stronger outpouring of His Spirit than most believers do today, and there were spiritual responsibilities involved in properly representing Him and the gospel.

I wish I could say as I fully understand the discussion, but in part I do not. Let me just say that while there is such a thing as assurance of salvation (if there weren't I would be in real trouble, because I've blown it way too often), there is also such a thing as being brought under discipline by the Lord to change one's behavior, and it can come in very serious ways sometimes. And I'd venture to say there is a possibility that I myself might have grown a little less assured had I lived during a time when the expectations God was placing upon His church were greater than they are now.

I'm guessing that last sentence just threw a wrench in it, Lol.

Let me largely sit out of this one, however. Discussions regarding salvation can get heated sometimes, and speaking of having messed up, I am really not in the greatest state emotionally these days, so getting attacked for simply stating my views because I was invited to would not be something I wish to invite at the present time.

God bless, and thanks for the tag, whatever the reason was.
- H

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, John.

I would interpret 1 Corinthians 13:12 different than you, likely, and different than most. But let me at least address the James verse, which seems relevant to the thread (and may I say the poetic and dated language of the OP narrative is a bit tough for me to follow in places, so I hope I don't get quizzed on that, Lol).
Hello old friend!
For me I see the two verses [I Cor & James] I quoted as two ways of saying the same thing. John the Baptist speaks of the same thing here:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

It amounts to growing after we meet the Master and get on his side.

The problem in James was that there were Jewish believers who were engaging in sin - things like respect of persons, selfish ambition, and giving themselves to cursing and strife - and these sins were making them "double-minded" before the Lord. The word literally means "two-souled," or that they were like two different people before God. One day they were contrite before Him and loving Him with "their whole heart, mind soul, and strength," therefore able to trust Him for answered prayer, and a few days later they were walking in doubt because they had been cursing some brother in an argument, and seeking self-promotion in the community by "warring and fighting" with others over various doctrinal and spiritual matters. Their hearts were no longer pure before God because of these sins, hence the command, "Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts."
I see not only Jewish believers engaging in sin. Every believer, I see, [except those who have already overcome the world as Jesus did] as engaging in sin, but hopefully as per the Baptist, the activities of the "old man 'me'" as per Paul, are decreasing while the activities of the "new man" within are increasing. During the process there is a double mindedness. Which one is leading? Which one are we surrendering to...?

People who are regularly and/or routinely quenching the Spirit of God within are therefore regularly and/or routinely sinning! Of course, when a person does not quench the Spirit there is no contest. God does not lose. Man still has his free will, the will that is to Not follow and obey God.

As to your opening question and why it would be directed to me, yes. I have blown it more times than I could count as far as losing my patience with others, and sometimes very clearly going beyond anything resembling simple "righteous indignation." Has it ever effected my assurance of salvation? No. It has simply led to disappointment in myself, and searching for ways to hopefully not do it again.
I directed the question to you because in the OP @Johann used the abbreviation, H.H., which I presumed to refer to Hidden in Him. I then guessed that you had had discussions with him previously. I have read very few posts lately and I have skipped a whole lot of threads altogether, so my guess may not have been very educated. I apologize if I presumed too much in my guess.
That said, some have quoted "Perfecting holiness in the fear of God." I would likely have a different take than most on this verse as well. During NT times, the judgment of God was falling upon the church, and some were falling sick and even dying as a result of those judgements (1 Corinthians 11). So there was a very genuine fear of God in operation that we do not have today because "to whom much is given much will be expected," and the early church was receiving a stronger outpouring of His Spirit than most believers do today, and there were spiritual responsibilities involved in properly representing Him and the gospel.
I agree that the "much is given, much is required" verse [Luke 12:48] applies, but I am often taking it in the other direction because so many believers do have much today... especially in the Western supposedly Christian countries. They have more education, better opportunities, easier access to the written Scriptures, more freedom to witness or to be witnessed to... [although this is diminishing these days] and so forth. They also have access to the same power they had in the early Church. Yes, they [we] do, but they [we] are leaning on our other stuff instead of trusting God. So, it seems to me.
I wish I could say as I fully understand the discussion, but in part I do not. Let me just say that while there is such a thing as assurance of salvation (if there weren't I would be in real trouble, because I've blown it way too often), there is also such a thing as being brought under discipline by the Lord to change one's behavior, and it can come in very serious ways sometimes. And I'd venture to say there is a possibility that I myself might have grown a little less assured had I lived during a time when the expectations God was placing upon His church were greater than they are now.

I'm guessing that last sentence just threw a wrench in it, Lol.

Let me largely sit out of this one, however. Discussions regarding salvation can get heated sometimes, and speaking of having messed up, I am really not in the greatest state emotionally these days, so getting attacked for simply stating my views because I was invited to would not be something I wish to invite at the present time.

God bless, and thanks for the tag, whatever the reason was.
- H
Don't put yourself down too much. The way up is down. The Way to God is through surrender and humility. Does one need a doctorate in Theology to please God? What is Love? What is Charity?

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." I Cor 13:13

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I directed the question to you because in the OP @Johann used the abbreviation, H.H., which I presumed to refer to Hidden in Him. I then guessed that you had had discussions with him previously. I have read very few posts lately and I have skipped a whole lot of threads altogether, so my guess may not have been very educated. I apologize if I presumed too much in my guess.

Yeah, I think that was just a coincidence. He has posted me a few times publicly lately, but I don't think he was referencing me in the OP. :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I think that was just a coincidence. He has posted me a few times publicly lately, but I don't think he was referencing me in the OP. :)
Take care my friend, standing always close to God and subject to Him, even when, or if, you are assailed by doubts. We do live by faith rather than knowledge. God has all of the knowledge that we need...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Heb 11:1-3

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take care my friend, standing always close to God and subject to Him, even when, or if, you are assailed by doubts. We do live by faith rather than knowledge. God has all of the knowledge that we person need...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear." Heb 11:1-3

Thank you for your kinds words, John : )

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
σωτηρία
sötëria
so-tay-ree'-ah
Feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly abstract) noun; rescue or safety (physically or morally): - deliver, health, salvation, save, saving.

LXX related word(s)
H3444 yeshuah
H3468 yesha
H6413 peletah
H7961 shalev
H7965 shalom
H8454 tushiyyah
H8668 teshuah

Thayer Definition:
1) deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
1a) deliverance from the molestation of enemies
1b) in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the souls safety or salvation
1b1) of Messianic salvation
2) salvation as the present possession of all true Christians
3) future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.
Part of Speech: noun feminine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: feminine of a derivative of G4990 as (properly, abstract) noun
More in NTW: G6775

SALVATION-CONDEMNATION
(A) SALVATION
(1) Of God
Psa_27:1; Psa_37:39; Psa_62:2; Isa_12:2; Isa_25:9; Jer_3:23; Zep_3:17
1Ti_4:10
--SEE Redeemer, REDEEMER
(2) Only Through Christ
Luk_1:69,Luk_1:30
The only door
Joh_10:9
The only Saviour
Act_4:12
His grace sufficient
Act_15:11
His blood avails
Rom_5:9; 1Th_5:9
For the obedient
Heb_5:9
At his coming
Heb_9:28
--SEE Saviour, SAVIOUR
Faith in Christ, FAITH
(3) Conditions of
Endurance
Mat_10:22
Faith and Confession
Rom_10:9; 1Co_1:21; 1Co_15:2; 2Ti_3:15
Spiritual Receptivity
Jam_1:21
Spiritual Diligence
2Pe_1:10; 2Pe_1:11
Spiritual Cleansing
Rev_22:14
--SEE Faith, FAITH
& FAITH
Justification, JUSTIFICATION
Eternal Life, LIFE
(4) Possible to all Men
Luk_3:6; Act_2:21; Rom_5:18; Rom_10:13; 1Ti_2:4; Tit_2:11; Tit_2:12; 2Pe_3:9
--SEE Whosoever, WHOSOEVER
& WHOSOEVER
Impartiality, JUSTICE
& JUSTICE
Divine Call, INVITATIONS
Gospel Universal, GOSPEL
Gentiles, WORLD-WIDE
& WORLD-WIDE
(5) Free
Isa_55:1; Rom_3:24; Rev_22:17
--SEE Salvation (4), SALVATION
(6) Sought
1Ch_16:35; Psa_31:16; Psa_54:1; Psa_86:7; Psa_106:4; Psa_119:41; Act_16:30
--SEE Pardon Sought, SALVATION
Deliverance Sought, DELIVERANCE
(7) Promised
Psa_91:16; Isa_45:17; Mar_16:16; Luk_19:9; Act_11:14; Act_16:31
--SEE Obedience, OBEDIENCE
(8) The Gift of God
Joh_3:16; Joh_4:10; Rom_5:15; Rom_6:23; Rom_8:32; 2Co_9:15; Eph_2:8
(B) NO CONDEMNATION, for the righteous
Isa_50:9; Luk_6:37; Joh_3:18; Joh_5:24; Rom_8:1; Rom_8:34; 1Jo_3:21
(C) PARDON, DIVINE
(1) Promised
Isa_43:25; Isa_44:22; Isa_55:7; Jer_5:1; Jer_31:34; Jer_33:8; Eze_36:25
Mic_7:18; Heb_8:12; 1Jo_1:9
--SEE Forgiveness, FORGIVENESS
Mercy Promised, MERCIFULNESS
Restoration, RESTORATION
(2) Sought
Exo_32:32; Exo_34:9; Num_14:19; 1Sa_15:25; 2Sa_24:10; Psa_25:11; Psa_51:1
Dan_9:19
--SEE Mercy, MERCIFULNESS
(D) REMISSION OF SIN, general references to
Mat_26:28; Luk_3:3; Luk_24:47; Act_2:38; Rom_3:25; Heb_9:22; Heb_10:18
--SEE Sin Forgiven, SIN
Forgiveness, FORGIVENESS
(E) PROPITIATION for sin, general references to
Rom_3:25; 1Jo_2:2; 1Jo_4:10
(F) CONDEMNATION
(1) General References to
Joh_3:19; Rom_5:18; 1Co_11:34; 1Ti_3:6; Tit_3:11; Jam_5:12
(2) Men under
2Sa_24:10; Job_42:6; Psa_31:10; Psa_32:3; Eze_33:10
--SEE Conviction of Sin, GUILT
Remorse, GUILT
Self-condemnation, SELF-CONDEMNATION
(G) DIVINE VENGEANCE
Deu_32:35; Psa_94:1; Eze_25:17; Mic_5:15; Nah_1:2; Rom_12:19
2Th_1:8; Heb_10:30
--SEE Punishment, PUNISHMENT
& PUNISHMENT
Threatenings, THREATENINGS
Retribution, PUNISHMENT
& PUNISHMENT
(H) GOD'S WRATH
2Ki22:13; Psa_2:12; Joh_3:36; Rom_1:18; Rom_2:8; Eph_5:6; 1Th_2:16
--SEE God's Anger, ANGER
Indignation, ANGER
Provoking God, PROVOKING GOD
Thompson chain reference study bible

I pray you have biblical resources?
If not, let me know since there are free bible software you can download gratis.
More than willing to help and assist you dear Robert.
Blessings
J.:)

Most of those things do not apply to define salvation sir. Salvation is simply receiving the gift of everlasting life. Nothing more, nothing less. Like I said for most Christians it is yet a millennium away Rev 20:5

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
his thoughts.

of deceiving me, or whether they actually are the strivings of the new nature against the old. Nothing short of theView attachment 21706

Pink
Blessings
J.

Jn 16:13 is for the apostles who administer the kingdom! matt 28:19 also

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of those things do not apply to define salvation sir. Salvation is simply receiving the gift of everlasting life. Nothing more, nothing less. Like I said for most Christians it is yet a millennium away Rev 20:5
Hello brother Robert,

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection." Rev 20:5

Which of us have, or will have, done, what Methuselah failed to do?

"And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died." Gen 5:27

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if there are no guarantees, where is our hope? If there is no hope. what is our faith in?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jn 16:13 is for the apostles who administer the kingdom! matt 28:19 also

1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
1Co 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
Eph 4:9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

1Jn 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Blessings
J.