At what time did the Israelites start to leave Egypt?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ex 12:

21 Then Moses called all the elders of Israel and said to them, “Go and select lambs for yourselves according to your clans, and kill the Passover lamb. 22 Take a bunch of hyssop and dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and touch the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood that is in the basin. None of you shall go out of the door of his house until the morning
I.e., after midnight but before the morning light.

BDB:
a. of end of night
b. implying the coming of dawn
c. of coming of sunrise

29a At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt.
31 Then [Pharaoh] summoned Moses and Aaron by night and said, “Up, go out from among my people, both you and the people of Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as you have said. 32 Take your flocks and your herds, as you have said, and be gone, and bless me also!”
33 The Egyptians were urgent with the people to send them out of the land in haste. For they said, “We shall all be dead.”
What time did the Israelites start to leave Egypt?

After midnight, before dawn.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So when did they plunder thr Egyptians?

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So when did they plunder thr Egyptians?
33And in order to send them out of the land quickly, the Egyptians urged the people on. “For otherwise,” they said, “we are all going to die!” 34So the people took their dough before it was leavened, carrying it on their shoulders in kneading bowls wrapped in clothing.

35Furthermore, the Israelites acted on Moses’ word and asked the Egyptians for articles of silver and gold, and for clothing. 36And the LORD gave the people such favor in the sight of the Egyptians that they granted their request. In this way they plundered the Egyptians.
The Israelites plundered the Egyptians probably before dawn as the Israelites were moving out. People were not getting much sleep that night.

37The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Succothf with about 600,000 men on foot, besides women and children.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ex 12:

I.e., after midnight but before the morning light.

BDB:
a. of end of night
b. implying the coming of dawn
c. of coming of sunrise

What time did the Israelites start to leave Egypt?

After midnight, before dawn.
ahhhhhh, we've got all the facts but do we get the point?