Attack on the Family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen. I know you mean very well. But I’m sorry, this is incredibly misplaced.
Are there some “right wing” people that are extreme like this? Certainly. But by far the most conservative folk...the ones you are lumping all together, are those who have built these nations up to believe in community, law and order, respect for others, rights and freedoms for all. And the way they did all this was by working side by side. The proof against your claim of individualism is both the existence of our Country’s and also the Church families we gather in.
You point out that conservatives are against masks and vaccinations (which is far from true, by the way), and yet you seem to miss the inconsistencies of your own political ilk that says it fine to ignore those things in the midst of a pandemic as long as they want to protest. Do you believe a righteous cause fends off bugs that could very well kill those they are protesting for?

And, you will find that most “conservatives” are quite pro-immigration. We just prefer that they come through legal channels, rather than illegal ones. And as long as any liberal continues to lock their door and car, they can hardly claim they are against legal entries.

You go on at length, and I will not address every point, I don’t think I need to. I can just say that you have made many sweeping statements that lump all conservatives together and that those statements are untrue and inconsistent and I would ask that you take a bit more care when aiming your criticisms.

Indeed. Message boards tend to be places where extremes views are presented, not to troll, but to start conversation. I appreciate your opinion - on many threads i respond by disarming the OP and attempting to bring balance to the conversation, as well; not on this thread, however.

Instead, on this thread I am judging conservatives, not for their views (we all have at least a few wacky ones), but by the politicians they elect, and the judges those politicians appoint, and the traditions and political morality those politicians ignore. I am looking at you, Trump/McConnel/Graham

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed. Message boards tend to be places where extremes views are presented, not to troll, but to start conversation. I appreciate your opinion - on many threads i respond by disarming the OP and attempting to bring balance to the conversation, as well; not on this thread, however.

Instead, on this thread I am judging conservatives, not for their views (we all have at least a few wacky ones), but by the politicians they elect, and the judges those politicians appoint, and the traditions and political morality those politicians ignore. I am looking at you, Trump/McConnel/Graham
I appreciate it’s a tricky topic, especially when we discuss it in line with our religious beliefs.
But as we do indeed live with them both, I agree it’s an important conversation to have; as agreeably as possible.
Politicians, by nature (I think), are nasty creatures. They love to smooze and make promises they never intend to keep. They’re like smarmy boyfriends only out for one thing...in this case, votes.
But without them we don’t have an elected government, so, what are we to do? As Christians I suggest that we vote for the shmuck who’s going to throw his weight behind the same values as we have. As much as possible.
And by that I mean, we try and put forward a politician who supports the bibles position on life, marriage, freedom of expression and worship.
Now; do we expect this politician to believe all this and be a model citizen of moral uprightness? Well...no. We’ve already established he’s a politician. He’s not a Pastor or Priest. It’s not his job to live and teach this stuff. It’s his job to push the bills that his constituents want him to.
So; if we look at Donald Trump, who is admittedly a divisive character, I can with a clear conscience say: “the man is a muppet”.
However; he’s also a President that has done more to support Christian values than most other President before him. And, for me, the most important thing is this: he’s resoundingly pro-life. To me this makes it a no-brainer. Especially when compared against ANY of his Democratic opponents, who are loudly pro-choice. Anyone reading scripture cannot doubt that life in the womb is precious and the abortion trade that is rampant...and celebrated in our society is an abomination in Gods eyes.
So...for me, it’s really an easy decision...or would be if I were an American. Would I choose an admittedly idiotic man who still supports something that is right. Or do I choose someone who might be more palatable as a person but supports wickedness?
You may point out Trump lies about things, has character flaws...all the things we see chewed upon repeatedly by media and opponents. And I’m not here to argue for or against those facts. I would just point out that his opponents are equally, if not more, woefully lacking in moral upstanding. The pure hypocrisy and disregard for moral standards shown by the majority of the Democrats is breathtaking.
So I suppose my point is, when we start talking about politician’s, one suddenly becomes aware they are standing in a very large glass house holding a handful of stones.
Trump might be a doofus, but I’ll take a pro-life doofus over a baby-killing senile any day.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@aspen
I feel I should probably add: if there were another alternative that allowed a Christian to vote for a pro-life, anti-muppet candidate and perhaps not having to worry about one who’s in early on-set dementia....well then...yes...that also would be a no-brainer. Trump, as I see it, is better than the Democratic candidates. In point of fact, I believe you would be hard pressed to find a single thing they stand for or support that matches the sort of thing the bible calls us to.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here is a dog whistle for you all.

and here is my take on it. Christians like to claim that liberals attack the family by promoting homosexual marriage and divorce and women in the workplace.....
Yet, so many conservatives have rooted themselves in the theology of toxic individualism! Me first over community! No vaccines! No masks! No public schools! No integration of folks with disabilities or minorities of any kind! No government support of any kind unless it benefits me!

Can you cite for us the "Christian" denomination that wants what is on your list? "no vaccines", "no masks", "no public schools, "no people with disabilities accepted", ?
What denomination is this?
Can you name it?

Jacob Marley

Jul 26, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But the individual must come first. And what I mean by that, is you can't help/support anyone if you can't even help yourself.
The "Left" is entirely out to destroy the traditional family. I would say in Canada, they already have. The "state" is mom and dad, and the parents are just temporary guardians.