Authoritarian ~ is this the reason that the left hates God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definition of Authoritarian
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.
"the transition from an authoritarian to a democratic regime"

Looking for your help and opinions. No right or wrong here, just stating the facts as I see them and with some speculation. So I am not opposed to other speculations.
The definition implies a negative.
Does it indicate a a dislike for authority?
Do some people feel that authority directly opposes freedom?
This negative view caught my interest.
Has authority always had a negative meaning?
As I looked into it this definition it seemed to define a form of government. As in a non-authoritative government would be better? What would that be like?
Could it be a dislike for law and order...and even God?
Who would dislike law and order and God?
Who could that be? Now it is obvious, but was it always obvious?

So I was curious, I have a large library, so I pulled out some of my old dictionaries. What I found, in my old dictionaries (4 of them) ...even a huge Webster podium dictionary published in 1965, the word authoritarian was not in there. Then in 1966 it was. Did this word appear between those two years? Help me out if you guys have some old dictionaries.

This was the era of the flower children, free love, drugs and antidisestablishmentarianism. Were they looking for a word that would express their negative view of authority?

Are some people offended by the concept of God's authority? Is this part of the left's problem with God. They call Trump an authoritarian. They seem to have problems with law enforcement...defund the police....and embrace criminals....as freedom fighters. Do they think that the BLM riots that took cities hostage, assaulted, murdered, raped, burnt, looted, and chanted cuss words to Christ and burnt Bibles, does the left see them as freedom fighters? Is that why they were not prosecuted?

Am I way off base here? Feel free to set me straight, if I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's all about power. It has always been about power. It will always be about power. Anything that gives them power is good. Anything that threatens their power is bad. There is no coherent philosophy. There is no morality. It's just about gaining and keeping power.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

Looking for your help and opinions. No right or wrong here, just stating the facts as I see them and with some speculation. So I am not opposed to other speculations.
As I looked into it this definition it seemed to define a form of government. As in a non-authoritative government would be better? What would that be like?

So I was curious, I have a large library, so I pulled out some of my old dictionaries. What I found, in my old dictionaries (4 of them) ...even a huge Webster podium dictionary published in 1965, the word authoritarian was not in there. Then in 1966 it was. Did this word appear between those two years? Help me out if you guys have some old dictionaries.

This was the era of the flower children, free love, and drugs. Were they looking for a word that would express their negative view of authority?

Are some people offended by the concept of God's authority? Is this part of the left's problem with God. They call Trump an authoritarian. They seem to have problems with law enforcement...defund the police....and embrace criminals....as freedom fighters. Do they think that the BLM riots that took cities hostage, assaulted, murdered, raped, burnt, looted, and chanted cuss words to Christ and burnt Bibles, does the left see them as freedom fighters? Is that why they were not prosecuted?

The bible has stance against the policies that the left promotes and enjoys. I think that is why they silence Christianity. And to do so they have taken over the government, judicial systems, schools, media, etc.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all about power. It has always been about power. It will always be about power. Anything that gives them power is good. Anything that threatens their power is bad. There is no coherent philosophy. There is no morality. It's just about gaining and keeping power.

Salutations....thanks for responding. Who is "them"? Anything that gives them power is good. Anything that threatens their power is bad.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This was the era of the flower children, free love, drugs and antidisestablishmentarianism. Were they looking for a word that would express their negative view of authority?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Prov 3:5-7

"But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch." Matt 15:13-14

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible has stance against the policies that the left promotes and enjoys. I think that is why they silence Christianity. And to do so they have taken over the government, judicial systems, schools, media, etc.

I think on a deeper philosophical level, the American left is kind of like "Chaos" (the feminine Yin), and I think the American right is kind of like "Order" (the masculine Yang), both are complementary to each other. That is perhaps why most women seem to skew liberal in so many different issues, whereas lots of men especially in the military and religious institutions prefer conservatives.

main-qimg-394f985c716d9bfcd21922ad6b826c14-lq

Reactions: dev553344

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The current Democrat party is Communist/Marxist, anti-Constitution, and anti-Bible in nature, so there is a coherent philosophy.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think on a deeper philosophical level, the American left is kind of like "Chaos" (the feminine Yin), and I think the American right is kind of like "Order" (the masculine Yang), both are complementary to each other. That is perhaps why most women seem to skew liberal in so many different issues, whereas lots of men especially in the military and religious institutions prefer conservatives.

main-qimg-394f985c716d9bfcd21922ad6b826c14-lq

In other words ....Women are emotional and men more rational ..... or was that from Venus and from Mars?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words ....Women are emotional and men more rational ..... or was that from Venus and from Mars?

I am not sure that I agree with him. The concept goes a lot deeper and there is some humor.
Hunter / gathers...Men hunters of animals...women gathers of fruits and veggies....LOL primitive.
Men go into stores and walk over and pickup what they came for and buy it. Women go into stores and take inventory. LOL
So when a woman is going to the store and says bye bye to you....she maybe saying buy buy! LOL LOL
Joking a side....

Ying and Yang LOL In a good relationship they compliment each other, making a better whole.
Men have a tendency to be decisive....the ladies pull on his heart strings and say...Have you considered....
They have their tendencies but still hard to label overall.

Yeap some men are rational....and women do combine thoughts, emotions, and heart. For example a man my know the Bible backwards and forwards.....a lady....may only know some of it....but she gets the heart of Christ better than the men.

It is hard to generalize and label because inevitably it leads inaccuracies.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure that I agree with him. The concept goes a lot deeper and there is some humor.
Hunter / gathers...Men hunters of animals...women gathers of fruits and veggies....LOL primitive.
Men go into stores and walk over and pickup what they came for and buy it. Women go into stores and take inventory. LOL
So when a woman is going to the store and says bye bye to you....she maybe saying buy buy! LOL LOL
Joking a side....

Ying and Yang LOL In a good relationship they compliment each other, making a better whole.
Men have a tendency to be decisive....the ladies pull on his heart strings and say...Have you considered....
They have their tendencies but still hard to label overall.

Yeap some men are rational....and women do combine thoughts, emotions, and heart. For example a man my know the Bible backwards and forwards.....a lady....may only know some of it....but she gets the heart of Christ better than the men.

It is hard to generalize and label because inevitably it leads inaccuracies.

agreed

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Your totally correct !

The days that everyone knew there place !
And there is a place for everyone, have gone !
People confuse liberty, with licence !
And forget all about Obligation and Responsibility !

The problem with English is that the meaning can change and bastardise the words so easy. so the younger generation do not know what the word truly means or meant so much, when I hear some of them talk it's like they are spastics, especially people form Sydney NSW is where much of the rubbish nonsense started coming from in Australia.
Sick means something like great ?
Wicked means something like Great ? and this type of nonsense is just used a 100 times a day along with another load of nonsense, that just means gibberish ego driven trash.
It's like they are all on drugs, or their brains are smashed. Calling people dog ? Disrespect is the key to all such idiots using such trash.
Awesome is another word that has been totally full on bastardised, it means ok now ?
Awesome meant reverence to regarding inspiration, especially to God !

Yobbos or Mong is the word for most lefty's, as they are selfish gutless virtue-less ego driven dupes that are lead along with the trends, they look to the crowd for recognition, they are just like the Jews who killed Jesus, they move as a Mob ? That's under the power of deceptions.
They do not truly understand the gravity of the issues ? nor do they care because they feel justified in the Mob ? That's why they go on rampages destroying others property because they do not know the value of what they destroy nor do they care because they are grubs. A thief has no regards just as one with a criminal mentality has no regards.

Taking to a Cop and he says that he has young people who challenge him on his authority as a Cop ? just for issuing a ticket that is openly simple they think he is just some dude down the street giving them the hassle ? you know people go to school for 12 years here and they do not understand what a Police officer is ?
I said to a young driver, the Ambulance and Police etc have the right of way, so keep out of their way at all times and give way to them when lights are flashing etc. and if they hit your car, you are in the wrong period. if you do not try to avoid such as the Police in hot pursuit, your you do not have a leg to stand on in court. I got back Why ! because they are the bloody Police that's why ! but if one has no respect for such, well then one is clearly a Mong or clearly a Yobbo.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Left does not hate God. The left disagrees with republicans. The progressive liberal Christian’s love god and dislikes the agenda, abuse and interpretation put forward by the alt right conservative Christians.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Interpreting God's authority through the mindset of man can never arrive at its understanding. In fact, God's authority is so at odds with man's way of seeing/joining the dots it is foolishness to him.
A God who submits makes no sense to man. Man always falls on the side of force......he cannot understand any other way.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interpreting God's authority through the mindset of man can never arrive at its understanding. In fact, God's authority is so at odds with man's way of seeing/joining the dots it is foolishness to him.
A God who submits makes no sense to man. Man always falls on the side of force......he cannot understand any other way.

That is why I say the Holy Spirit is a teacher....and the Holy Spirit does that by instilling the Christian conscience.

Reactions: Dropship