BA Christian Movie Reviews

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey guys and gals! I recently watched a movie I purchased from Family Christian Store. It was put out by CMD Distribution. Based off the plot on that back of it and the cover art I thought it would be mildly intriguing. The title is Unwanted Presence. It is essentially about a woman moves into a house that is haunted by the spirit of the previous murdered owner. I thought this was interesting based on the fact that we don't believe in Ghosts. In the event you so choose to check it out, I wont tell anymore of the plot. So anyways..... I left the store, bought my bachelor Chinese take-out and headed home....

So here is my assessment of it. In all reality it could have been a decent movie but it was very obviously a limited budget production. If you are used to Pure Flix movies then this one will disappoint.

Plot- Poor doctrine in general

Sound Quality- The volume was all over the place and the actors clothes would bump the mics and clothes would rustle on them.

Acting quality- It reminded me of a Disney sitcom. Overacting at its finest. I would venture to say they gathered members of the local congregation to be in this one.

Special Effects- Yep, they were special :p

When I watch movies I like them to be so well put together that I don't want to leave the room for a moment. I found myself easily distracted by other things and had to go back a couple of times to see what I missed. All in all, I was disappointed and had I been in a theater I would have asked for my money back. Below is the trailer for it..... If only I had watched this first. If I had to rate this on a scale of 1 - 10 It would be a solid 3.

Stay tuned to this thread for more BA Christian Movie Reviews! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbMeVw5hBw

PantherEye

Dec 9, 2012
Texas
Most Christian movies are dreadful. Low budget, poor acting, bad quality and bad special effects. The problem is, so many Christians get so defensive if you critique a movie... because "The message is what's important!" To me, it is that- Christian Entertainment.

The problem I have with them, is they are targeted for Christians. A non-believer is not likely to go to the movie (I mean, would a Christian go see a movie called Allah's Not Dead?") They aren't meant to reach out to the world, even though they claim. They are meant to give Christians a quasai, watered down "feel good" message... IMO