baby making

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Artificial insemination -

Do you feel this is "natural", "unnatural", regarding trying to have a baby?

There is no "natural sexual relations" involved.

So, is this a legit and biblical way to induce a pregnancy?

Say the couple have no children, and tried earnestly for year to create a pregnancy, she is 35, and have had no success, and throw in that is possibly related to the man's sperm count being slightly low, but not so low as to be considered infertile.

Keep in mind that after a woman is 35 her ability to conceive decreases rapidly, and by the time she is 40 the percentage is very very low.

Add all that together and tell me your opinion.

K

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
"Other" people's opinions don't matter, it doens't involve them. Your low sperm count level is your business only and what you do to have a child or not have one is no one else's business but yours and your wife's. Hope this helps.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
"Other" people's opinions don't matter, it doens't involve them. Your low sperm count level is your business only and what you do to have a child or not have one is no one else's business but yours and your wife's. Hope this helps.

Well...... thank you for misreading and misinterpreting my Thread on purpose.
Now let me explain.
Its JUST an Opinion Thread related to a situation that in my opinion, is interesting.
See, in life, a Christian lives in a world of grey that is governed by a bible that is black and white.
There are many situations that a Christian might find themselves in, ....legit situations that when faced with an open bible
can sometimes be tricky.

For example, i could have written a thread that asked you if using birth control is a sin.
Have you ever used it?
Or i could have asked you if not using birth control when you know that you cant afford to support a baby is a sin.
Know any parents that can barely feed themselves who keep spitting out babies like the Hershey factory spits out M&Ms?
But instead i thought i would write a thread that offers a bit more obtuse situation, that asks you to think before you speak.
Unfortunately, you were not able to do it.
So, Whitestone, take a deep breath and calm thyself...

K

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Artificial insemination -

Do you feel this is "natural", "unnatural", regarding trying to have a baby?

There is no "natural sexual relations" involved.

So, is this a legit and biblical way to induce a pregnancy?

Say the couple have no children, and tried earnestly for year to create a pregnancy, she is 35, and have had no success, and throw in that is possibly related to the man's sperm count being slightly low, but not so low as to be considered infertile.

Keep in mind that after a woman is 35 her ability to conceive decreases rapidly, and by the time she is 40 the percentage is very very low.

Add all that together and tell me your opinion.

K

Personally, I would think that if God wanted one to have children, he would make a way. Not through artificial means.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Personally, I would think that if God wanted one to have children, he would make a way. Not through artificial means.

-- That is like saying, "If God wants me healed, He will heal me" instead of taking the medication or having the surgery that could cure you.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
-- That is like saying, "If God wants me healed, He will heal me" instead of taking the medication or having the surgery that could cure you.

Well, you know what........i feel exactly the same as you both.
On one hand i feel that a pregnancy that is not activated by normal sexual relations, is "scientific" and thus not natural.
On the other hand, to deny a woman/man who are truly desiring a child the chance of having one, when a "syringe" pregnancy
can achieve what normal sexual relations has not achieved and biological time is running out for the woman........well, that seems also to me to be
"right" for them.

The only other thing that for me is a possible negative is the fact that on some level when i contemplate a syringe pregnancy, i feel also that this is somehow taking the reins in a way that perhaps tries to play God.

K

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Well...... thank you for misreading and misinterpreting my Thread on purpose.
Now let me explain.
Its JUST an Opinion Thread related to a situation that in my opinion, is interesting.
See, in life, a Christian lives in a world of grey that is governed by a bible that is black and white.
There are many situations that a Christian might find themselves in, ....legit situations that when faced with an open bible
can sometimes be tricky.

For example, i could have written a thread that asked you if using birth control is a sin.
Have you ever used it?
Or i could have asked you if not using birth control when you know that you cant afford to support a baby is a sin.
Know any parents that can barely feed themselves who keep spitting out babies like the Hershey factory spits out M&Ms?
But instead i thought i would write a thread that offers a bit more obtuse situation, that asks you to think before you speak.
Unfortunately, you were not able to do it.
So, Whitestone, take a deep breath and calm thyself...

K

Lol, kids today...
Regardless of your attempt at condescension, the answer is still the same. It is no one else's business. Good luck with your low sperm count. And other low counts...

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that in artificial insemination, you don't have just one egg fertilized. Is that correct?

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Lol, kids today...
Regardless of your attempt at condescension, the answer is still the same.

Hi whitestoned......so have you told anyone else here to "burn in hell" lately?
See, thats what i like about you........you are very open with your "heart condition".
And also...
Regarding my "sperm count", i would assume it is excellent, as is the rest of my health.
If i ever have it checked i'll get back to you whitestoned, as you seem very interested in it..
(i'll send you a PM)(so, hold your breath)... . ;)
And the answer to my thread?
Have you tried that yet?
See what you can do with it.
Make that internet payment count......

K

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that in artificial insemination, you don't have just one egg fertilized. Is that correct?

According to the definition......they take a man's sperm and "wash it", and separate the best of the sperm from the rest.
They then take this "cleansed" "best", and insert it using a syringe and a hose into a woman's cervix hoping that this perfect positioning
of the semen will offer a higher rate of probability of fertilization of the egg.
Its a 25% chance of success, vs about a 6-10% chance if using "natural" methods.

K

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The only other thing that for me is a possible negative is the fact that on some level when i contemplate a syringe pregnancy, i feel also that this is somehow taking the reins in a way that perhaps tries to play God.

-- I can see where you're coming from on this.
I am also of the opinion that God Himself controls life. If it isn't allowed by Him than it isn't going to happen.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Hi whitestoned......so have you told anyone else here to "burn in hell" lately?
See, thats what i like about you........you are very open with your "heart condition".
And also...
Regarding my "sperm count", i would assume it is excellent, as is the rest of my health.
If i ever have it checked i'll get back to you whitestoned, as you seem very interested in it..
(i'll send you a PM)(so, hold your breath)... . ;)
And the answer to my thread?
Have you tried that yet?
See what you can do with it.
Make that internet payment count......

Nope. I never tell anyone to burn in hell. I just notify those that are on that path. Such as you. And since your are the one who is complaining about a sperm count problem and your evident "social concerns" you have about how to have a baby, perhaps paying your internet bill will eventually lead you to google your problem for a solution and cease bringing up stupid topics on a Christian forum.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
If a man or woman are unable to conceive then its Gods will,They should just thank God for there other blessings and then adopt.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
If a man or woman are unable to conceive then its Gods will,They should just thank God for there other blessings and then adopt.

-- God has allowed medical improvements available today that weren't available even five years ago that can save a life.
Using your mentality, they shouldn't use that medical treatment because it isn't "God's will."

God controls all live. He is the one that puts the Divine Spark in a human being. If a human being is concieved, then it IS God's will.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to think that trying to conceive a child artificially is a bit desperate and ultimately vain. Should it matter that your child is biologically related to you? Not to me.

On the other hand, dealing with the adoption process in America is a nightmare.

You simply have to turn the entire process over to God - if you were meant to have kids, you will. For some reason, I was not.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
I tend to think that trying to conceive a child artificially is a bit desperate and ultimately vain.

Well, if it works, then, for that couple, its worth it.

Should it matter that your child is biologically related to you? Not to me.

This would matter to me, but it would not be a deal breaker.

On the other hand, dealing with the adoption process in America is a nightmare.

Yes, and this way, it creates the appropriate environment for the Abortion industry to thrive.
Welcome to "America" home of 48 million abortions and counting.

You simply have to turn the entire process over to God - if you were meant to have kids, you will. For some reason, I was not.

This always begs the question....does faith and free will have any effect.
And of course they do, but..........God is sovereign.

K