Battle For Your Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think you are trying too hard to build a case in your defense....here is what Gabriel said in Luke
Luke 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³⁰ And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
³¹ And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
³² He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Yes, they called him Jesus. Now, bouncing off your post #49 in response to my suggestion of calling him Bob,#40, does that make Mary a controlling mother?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You threw threw gas and then struck the match. I wonder, do you spend your days outside churches demanding pastor needs to be removed from all programs? It honestly disheartens me to think a believer in Christ, in our day, with so many needing to be saved puts so much time into stripping the word pastor from a username rather than sharing the Word.
Be the warrior God intended you to be.
What shall I do with this straw man?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they called him Jesus. Now, bouncing off your post #49 in response to my suggestion of calling him Bob,#40, does that make Mary a controlling mother?
Oh you want to discuss the vision I had....and why I said that has more to do with what you put your focus on.

But wait....you posted saying something to the ides that by Mary calling Jesus "son" is disobeying Gabriel.
Now please explain how you come to this understanding....please.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh you want to discuss the vision I had....and why I said that has more to do with what you put your focus on.

But wait....you posted saying something to the ides that by Mary calling Jesus "son" is disobeying Gabriel.
Now please explain how you come to this understanding....please.
Did you go back and read the posts #40 and #49?

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have insisted on prefixing your name with a title....and your efforts here are defending and retaining it. Is this not the truth?

Hi QT,

I read this with somewhat of a passing interest at first.

I'm not sure I fully understand what the issue or concern is with this persons "title". Would you please explain it?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find the posts I referred back to self explanatory considering the context of you saying I had a controlling mother, nevertheless, giving you the benefit of the doubt, what is it you don’t understand?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
H2S...further.... the title is an irrelevancy to me. What is interesting though is Steven’s insistence on defending it particularly in the light of the ‘right’ to a title being a coveted objective by worldly systems

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AAS please see post# 67

I went back to the beginning and just FYI, I have "titles" but not a "title" person and pretty much lean to your way of thinking on it ( maybe not quite as far but along the same line)

I also personally dislike religious titles in general ( for reasons far beyond anything in this thread and not directed at any one specific title or person)

I'm clearly not your adversary on this. I also have not looked into this guy's doctrine and teaching for legitimacy either- just whats in this thread.

I don't see at the moment why putting "pastor" in front of his name provoked such a response given the rest of things in this world.

That's really what prompted my inquiry.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Awesome - creator and "maker".

Making His Knowledge revealed bit by bit -
Making alive -
Making divided -
Making dead -
Making changed -
Making the divided separated -
Making dead forever -
Making alive forever -
Making His Understanding available -

Man is wonderfully "MADE". Pss 139:14
Made by the corrupt seed of man
Made Formed- by the Hand of God
Made alive - by the Breath of God
Made to Hear - bit by bit
Made to See - bit by bit Works of God
Made to Smell - Gods Works
Made to Think - ponder Gods Works
Made to Feel - blessing from Gods Works
Made to Taste - partaking of Gods Word
Made with Freewill -to Spit out Gods Word
Made to with Freewill -to Eat the Word of God
Made to Freely consent to Gods assured everlasting Conversion...or not.

Every man WHO freely chooses to TASTE, Gods Word...God IS WITH that man.

Every man WHO freely chooses to EAT, Gods Word...God IS WITH and IN that man.... FOREVER

A man WHO IS WITH and IN the Lord God, IS 'wholly' prepared TO; SPEAK Gods Word to Others;
Husbands, Wives, Children, Family members, Neighbors, Strangers...any time, any place.

Some SPEAK the Word of God, "as" Titled;
"Teachers, Clerics, Friends, Relatives, Scholars (ie. students), Neighbors, Strangers..."
Speakers "TITLES", simply identify the "source", who IS ... SPEAKING ...the Word of God.

The "LISTENERS"... simply are taught ...
VERIFY what they "HEAR" is TRUE, "according to" Gods written and published WORD.

The "LISTENER"..."KNOWS" by what he has FREELY Chosen AND Done ...
Which Words of God...Applies to the "Listener"...or not;
IS; ALL ABOUT...Mans Freewill...Gods Word...
Mans Choices...Gods Works..
Established Applicability...and relationship;
Between one man and the Lord God Almighty.

Everyone in the spectrum: has a TITLE.
"I, am "Converted IN CHRIST"<-- title
"I, am "Born Again Christian" <-- title
"I, am "Teacher to the DEAF" <-- title
"I, am "Friend of Jesus" <-- title

Begrudging an others "TITLE"... is silly, when we ALL have "titles", that simple reveal our focus of "works" to Glorify God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: PastorSteven

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are quite a few pastors who are members on this forum as I've come to find out. Others who are retired pastors. I feel priveledged to be able to share thoughts and discussion with people have the experience of leading a group of people into resurrection life, seeing both the Scriptures, and the glory of the Lord reflected in the lives of others.

It's one thing to talk about what we think the Bible means, it's quite another to apply yourself towards someone's spiritual health in the midst of their calamity. Who can speak to the dangers of missions but the missionary? And to the endurance required of the evangelist but the evangelist?

Those who have raised a spiritual family, shepherding the flock of the Lord, can speak to this as others cannot. This is why God requires His shepherds to have successfully raised Godly Christian families of their own first. There is a knowing that comes in the doing.

God has given shepherd/teachers to the church for a particular purpose, that being to build His people into a self-building body. We are to be equipped to serve one another so that we will come to build each other in love. And I think we are sadly mistaken if we do not receive from God whomever He has given to shepherd and teach His people.

Peter writes about "not being lords over God's heritage", from the KJV. JP Green translates this way,

1 Peter 5:2-4 LITV
2) Shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight, not by compulsion, but willingly; nor eagerly for base gain, but readily;
3) nor as exercising lordship over the ones allotted to you, but becoming examples of the flock.
4) And at the appearing of the Chief Shepherd, you will receive the never fading crown of glory.

Jesus gives shepherd/teachers to His church, and those in His church are allotted to those shepherd/teachers. We neither declare ourselves pastors to others, nor declare ourselves the pastor's flock. Jesus does both of those as He puts us where He wants us.

What does it mean to exercise oversight without lordship? What does that look like in a person? Someone who is non-authoritarian, but provides oversight?

How do we know when we are the one given to a flock? When we are of a flock allotted to one?

Much love!

Reactions: quietthinker

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went back to the beginning and just FYI, I have "titles" but not a "title" person and pretty much lean to your way of thinking on it ( maybe not quite as far but along the same line)

I also personally dislike religious titles in general ( for reasons far beyond anything in this thread and not directed at any one specific title or person)

I'm clearly not your adversary on this. I also have not looked into this guy's doctrine and teaching for legitimacy either- just whats in this thread.

I don't see at the moment why putting "pastor" in front of his name provoked such a response given the rest of things in this world.

That's really what prompted my inquiry.
John 20:16
Jesus said to her, "Mary." She
turned and said to him in Aramaic,
"Rabboni!" (which means Teacher). Pastor - biblical definition means teaching of the gospel. Why would a believer take issues with thus?
Food for thought:
Let us all put pastor in front of our names and claim to be teachers of the gospel... Does God not command us to become fishers of men?

There is no ego here....
For myself, it is always about Him. I promise to always speak His word and not mine.
If a particular message does not align with scripture, let me know.

80+ replies to this thread... Such effort spreading His word. C'mon man!

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Rabboni!" (which means Teacher). Pastor - biblical definition means teaching of the gospel. Why would a believer take issues with thus?
Food for thought:
Let us all put pastor in front of our names and claim to be teachers of the gospel... Does God not command us to become fishers of men?

There is no ego here....
For myself, it is always about Him. I promise to always speak His word and not mine.
If a particular message does not align with scripture, let me know.

80+ replies to this thread... Such effort spreading His word. C'mon man!

I think you need to pay more attention to detail in referencing my post.

I wasn't prosecuting or persecuting you in the slightest and simply asked what the issue with you calling yourself pastor was? ( as of right now, i don't see one)

I also agree that the volume of threads devoted to the subject is unwarranted.

Is there a point you are trying to make with me?

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S...further.... the title is an irrelevancy to me. What is interesting though is Steven’s insistence on defending it particularly in the light of the ‘right’ to a title being a coveted objective by worldly systems

This is completely false and rather pathetic. You have zero substance to such accusations.
1. You claim I am not called my God
2. You have stated I use my God to elevate my ego

You know not my heart.

Have you watched any of my messages? Find ego and worldly views in a single one and then cast your stones.

Move on satan.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discouraging that these arrows are even being cast.

Back to the Topic...
Let NOT your heart be troubled.
Those who were "able", drank of the same cup, ate of the same as Jesus, with the full awarness of what was cast toward Jesus would also be the fate of those who were "able" and drank and ate.
It's a mysterious conundrum, of joy to be Made in His "likeness" and priviledge to suffer for being Made in His "likeness".

Glory to God,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Answer:

"Rabboni!" (which means Teacher). Oddly enough, the biblical definition of pastor is teacher of the gospel.

Discouraging that these arrows are even being cast.
You have confused Mary, Jesus’s mother and Mary magdalene

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is completely false and rather pathetic. You have zero substance to such accusations.
1. You claim I am not called my God
2. You have stated I use my God to elevate my ego

You know not my heart.

Have you watched any of my messages? Find ego and worldly views in a single one and then cast your stones.

Move on satan.
Is it hard to kick against the pricks Steven?