Battle For Your Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, in our natural condition, which is the condition known as sin, the heart of man isn’t even lined up with God’s heart. Instead, it’s evil, wicked, filled with deceit and treachery. So wicked and so treacherous is the human heart that we are easily deceived by it. But this isn’t the case with God. He knows what’s in our hearts. In fact, He’s the only one who knows our heart’s true condition. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart.” (Jeremiah 17:9-10a NKJV)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s
I suppose if someone ask me "What do you do". I certainly could not say doctor, scientist, computer programmer. I am a full time pastor. God assigned me.
It’s the title....men looove titles.... it elevates amongst ‘anonymity’ and hopes to garnish respect.

Reactions: Episkopos and marks

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You
I suppose if someone ask me "What do you do". I certainly could not say doctor, scientist, computer programmer. I am a full time pastor. God assigned me.
You maybe a pastor in your 'real' life but on this site you are a brother not our pastor.
Just think what it would look like if we all put our job descriptions in front of our names. Anybody want to give it a try?

I'd be Housewife Pearl . . . .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, in our natural condition, which is the condition known as sin, the heart of man isn’t even lined up with God’s heart. Instead, it’s evil, wicked, filled with deceit and treachery. So wicked and so treacherous is the human heart that we are easily deceived by it. But this isn’t the case with God. He knows what’s in our hearts. In fact, He’s the only one who knows our heart’s true condition. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart.” (Jeremiah 17:9-10a NKJV)

If people are so bad and God so good....why do you think He loves us so much? Was He lonely and looking for love?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pastor, I see you are somewhat new to this particular forum, but are you new to online Christian forums?

I only ask because if you are, you will be shocked at how much of this kind of irreverence and disdain you will see.

Just rest assured that most of those commenting in an ugly way toward you are actually the same person under multiple screen names and you can decide for yourself about their sincerity as a Christian.

It's like this on every single Christian Forum on the web.

Shameful.

The internet is the devil's web of communication and commerce. Can we be shocked at the darkness therein?

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is something God placed on my heart in a recent message. We as believers must push past the petty and press to Jesus. I am not here to annoint anyone. My days forever will be as a warrior for my best friend, my father, my savior.... My everything.
No I am here to annoint Him not the forum members.

Sorry folks, I will press past your petty and press to Him

God bless you all, construction workers, doctors, stay at home parents, military hero's and even yes, our pastors who sometimes we forget are equally born with a wicked heart and endure so many arrows and attacks.
No matter what God chose you to do, be the warrior He made you to be.

Last edited:

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You

You maybe a pastor in your 'real' life but on this site you are a brother not our pastor.
Just think what it would look like if we all put our job descriptions in front of our names. Anybody want to give it a try?

I'd be Housewife Pearl . . . .
Hello Housewife Pearl.

Apostle" means messenger, he who is sent. An apostle is sent to deliver or spread those teachings to others. ...

The word "pastor" derives from the Latin noun pastor which means "shepherd" and is derived from the verb pascere – "to lead to pasture, set to grazing, cause to eat".

I teach the Gospel. My savior commands I lead others to Him. This "forum" in all its applied glory will not, can not, stop what God has planned in my life. If you are offended by the word pastor, I strongly suggest you take your battles on the other side of the sea of gallilee and fight the true enemy of Christ.

I posted two of my messages and instantly Pearl, you attack me for stating that I'm a pastor? Surely something is amiss.

I am 55 years old, retired military, with more pain from attacks than you could ever imagine. My teenage son whom I have almost lost twice to addiction is in recovery. I had a 10% chance living two years ago. Through all my weakness I become stronger.
2 Corinthians 12

Eph: 4-11
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.
... and you are asking me to drop my title?
Not a chance .

Lastly, I am a pastor with everything I do, be it online or not.

Lastly, with all due respect, I never claimed to be your or anyone else's pastor. Just because my doctor is mine dies not make him yours.

All glory to God, some of my messages have had over 1.5 million views not because I am some wonderful speaker, but because He flows through me. (those with ears to hear). Some call me their pastor some do not. Frankly it matters not to me. What matters is that the lost know my commitment to serving them. If the word pastor opens that door, then I am blessed.

Good luck and God bless.

Last edited:

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same reason pastor Steven loves his son...

Amen. A little story...
2 years ago I suffered a massive heart attack that left me with a very bad infection. 10% chance of living. During my 3 months and multiple surgeries is when my son Kohlton fell into addiction. Right after my second surgery, still in the hospital I get word my 16 year old son was thrown through a car window (the driver was high). At that point I was ready to toss in the towel. Then God SPOKE. "Steven, I love your kids more than you. I have big plans for you, plans to prosper you.

Well, here I am today. Yesterday my son led Grace at dinner and my health has been restored.
God bless and stay safe Ferris.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Housewife Pearl.

Apostle" means messenger, he who is sent. An apostle is sent to deliver or spread those teachings to others. ...

The word "pastor" derives from the Latin noun pastor which means "shepherd" and is derived from the verb pascere – "to lead to pasture, set to grazing, cause to eat".

I teach the Gospel. My savior commands I lead others to Him. This "forum" in all its applied glory will not, can not, stop what God has planned in my life. If you are offended by the word pastor, I strongly suggest you take your battles on the other side of the sea of gallilee and fight the true enemy of Christ.

I posted two of my messages and instantly Pearl, you attack me for stating that I'm a pastor? Surely something is amiss.

I am 55 years old, retired military, with more pain from attacks than you could ever imagine. My teenage son whom I have almost lost twice to addiction is in recovery. I had a 10% chance living two years ago. Through all my weakness I become stronger.
2 Corinthians 12

Eph: 4-11
11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.
... and you are asking me to drop my title?
Not a chance .

Lastly, I am a pastor with everything I do, be it online or not.

Lastly, with all due respect, I never claimed to be your or anyone else's pastor. Just because my doctor is mine dies not make him yours.

All glory to god some of my messages have had over 1.5 million views. Some call me their pastor some do not. Frankly it matters not to me. What matters is that the lost know my commitment to serving them. If the word pastor opens that door, then I am blessed.

Good luck and God bless.
Not to attack you or run you down as you might think but why would you tell us you have 1.5 million followers if it did not matter to you? Why would you insist on giving yourself a title if it were not stroking your ego?

Putting yourself forward with out a title would in no way hinder your witness to Jesus and your justifications for insisting on one do not speak well of you.

You might interpret this as running you down but no, you have this wrong. I’m drawing your attention to the principle the world loves.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Welcome to the forum.

The Heart...a nobel topic.
The Place...where mans natural spirit (truth) resides.
The Place...from whence God will search a mans Confession of Belief...(and unbelief).
The Place...God has offered to give a new heart, and new spirit, a new truth, born of Gods seed....
to the willing and able to receive.

Ezek 18:31
Ezek 36:26
Matt 20:22

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya I do not get into the whole humanity is dirty rags thing. God has to see some good in us.

The Thing is; God IS the Creator...
AND "MAKER".

God CREATED man with mans life...BLOOD.
God MADE man To receive Gods life...SOUL with Gods ... BREATH OF LIFE.

Every living man...ALREADY has...
The MIX...natural life, spiritual life .
Meaning, without excuse...the option of
Leaning on the natural or spiritual is already established.

THAT ^ "begins" the mans journey through his own stages of age, birth, childhood, growth, adulthood...
THE MAN...already has the "tools"...(natural life, spiritual life)....
It's like anything....which "tools" will a man choose to use.

Mans natural tendency...in anything...is to try different "tools" available to him, to accomplish a task...and wisdom is to "continue" using a "tool" that results in a desired favorable outcome.
And "insanity" is repeatedly using a "tool" that results in a undesired unfavorable outcome.

Glory to God,
Taken

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll have to watch this later Pastor Steven. Fixing to go in to work. :) Welcome to Christianity Board! I don't feel any less important with your name at all. We all have different gifts and assignments and pastor's deserve double honor for what they do, including the title. Romans 12 talks about spiritual gifts and we all play our part. And God defines our importance. Not a title. I do not believe this is what you are doing.

Excellent scripture on the heart. It is so important to ask God to examine our hearts and keep our will/emotions in check.

29781.jpg

PastorSteven

Aug 3, 2021
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to attack you or run you down as you might think but why would you tell us you have 1.5 million followers if it did not matter to you? Why would you insist on giving yourself a title if it were not stroking your ego?

Putting yourself forward with out a title would in no way hinder your witness to Jesus and your justifications for insisting on one do not speak well of you.

You might interpret this as running you down but no, you have this wrong. I’m drawing your attention to the principle the world loves.