Behaviour by our words.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some word definitions ;

Sarcasm
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain 2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed AGAINST an individual

Contempt
1.The feeling or attitude of regarding someone or something as inferior, base, or worthless; scorn.

belittle
1. To represent or speak of as
unimportant or contemptible: synonym: disparage.

Aggressive attitude
1a: tending toward or exhibiting aggression aggressive behavior b: marked by combative readiness an aggressive fighter 2 a: marked by obtrusive energy and self- assertiveness a rude, aggressive personality

slander
1. Oral communication of false and malicious statements that damage the reputation of another.

Derogatory
: expressing a low opinion of someone or something: showing a lack of respect for someone or something

James 3:
5 So the tongue also is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how much wood is kindled by how small a fire! 5 Even so the tongue is a small part of the body, but it takes credit for great things.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the RENEWING of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Psalm 141:3 KJV
Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; Keep the door of my lips.

Without the privilege of seeing ppl in action online, we can see THEIR BEHAVIOUR BY THEIR WORDS!

How does the reader see us?
Do we exhibit Christ like behaviour in our speech to others? Does a black, hardened heart come thru our communications with others?

We may, as the old timers use to say, " we can not help that birds fly over our heads, but don't allow them to build a nest in your hair"

Paul said this,

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

2 Corinthians 13:
5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation. of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:29 KJV
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

1 Peter 4:10-11 KJV
As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:34-35 KJV
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for our of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

We must guard our hearts behaviour for I know it is most easy to be " swift to speak and slow to hear" which is the reverse of what we are admonished to do !

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had an anger management class when I was younger. It said to not say the first thing that comes to mind but wait and think about it. And I often find that the case on this forum. When someone is rude, the first thing I want to say is something rude back. And we do have rude people here.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very easy to react rather than take into account their action as to why they are belligerent, rude and condescending to others.

Too many ppl do not take responsibility and own accountability for their own bad behaviors !

Reactions: marks and Debp

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Empathy
noun
the ability to understand and share the feelings of others.
VS
Sympathy

noun
feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune.

I can readily share empathy with ppl in hard physical and mental battles. However, I with hold the sympathy except for those suffering loss in grief.

Some ppl want others to feel sorry for them and tolerate their bad personality behaviours with sympathy as in excuse their bad behavior, I do not.!

I believe in ownership and accountability for what we say or do, not sugar coating it with pity.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very easy to react rather than take into account their action as to why they are belligerent, rude and condescending to others.

Too many ppl do not take responsibility and own accountability for their own bad behaviors !
I try to keep in mind, I'm supposed to be giving a gift!

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation. of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
I love this passage, it needs to be my constant prayer!

Consider:

James 3:2 KJV
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

The same discipline and control you use over your tongue is what you use over the rest of yourself. If you can control your tongue, you will be able to control the rest of your body.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this passage, it needs to be my constant prayer!

Consider:

James 3:2 KJV
For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

The same discipline and control you use over your tongue is what you use over the rest of yourself. If you can control your tongue, you will be able to control the rest of your body.

Much love!
Amen.

This little member sets in motion many fires; of adultery, murder, conspiracies of all types of evil and sin, by being untamed.

God gave it many bridles, the lips, the teeth, the will and the spirit. The spirit of man is out of the control of the Holy Spirit in too many these days, even among Christendom.

Philippians 4:8 puts our mind on good things for believers to think on. Each must be weighed in the words of God.

James 3:6-8
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

The attitude of the words we write come from the same place we speak; the heart!

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The attitude of the words we write come from the same place we speak; the heart!
These are some I try to always have in mind.

Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

1 Peter 4:10-11
(10) As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
(11) If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Debp

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When sharing our faith, which is what I believe happens on forums such as this, I like to think of Jesus sitting beside me as I write, because he is within always anyway. And what would he think of what I have to say about him and his words, when I share of my understanding of them.

Would he be pleased? Or ashamed?