Being A Profitable Servant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2: 3-5
3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully..../KJV

We are soldiers for Christ. But I may be getting ahead of myself.

The Parable of the Talents gives us the lesson that we are to be profitable it is in
Matthew 25:14-30 He had 3 servants to handle the Lords business while He was on His trip (He Ascended to the Father and hasn't made His 2nd coming yet. He left with them some money to equip them while He was gone, and when He does return, if He gave you 5 Talents, He is looking for more in return. If He gave you 3 talents, He will expect more in return. To whom more is given, more will be rquired/ The 3rd servant which got 1 Talent from the Boss and gave the single talent back to Him upon His return, The Lord took it from him and gave it to another, and fired this servant! You wicked servant! You can't sit on the couch because you son't have much money. He expects something more from you.

I thought about this, and I also read in scripture that all good things come from God. So I think that implies that every good thing, every talent, every skill, all of it is Him! So the entire time that I was married and raising a family, and all that money I made, How successful my Business became...It wasn't Me! Not only was I given the Talent and skill, but I was given the tools and the oppurtunity to get customers. I was very proud of myself for awhile! My mistake was being proud that I did something good with my work and family. But it was not God centered nor did I show any sort of profit (I think) for the Lord. So before, I was an unprofitable servant. and the Lord was merciful to me and chopped my tree down to the ground in a seemingly suddenly way. And everything I had to be proud of was gone.

I do want to be a profitable servant to the Lord. Being a Soldier of Christ, as is my position in Christ, I ask what shall I do to become profitable for Him?

And I hadda go, Duh! Speak of the Lord, give your Testimonies to others, heal the sick, raise the dead, help the poor spread the Gospel message. But remember that when the Lord returns and it is your time...He is going to want you to show your profit that you have made for Him!

You can't show up alone! It has to be, Lord look who I brought with me into your Kingdom. So...testify and let our light so shine brfore the world! Maybe I didn't know it but one time I had given written testimony of the Lord and it touched some soul enough to allow the Holy Spirit to work on them and it could lead to their salvation. I dont even know that they read it.

People act like they're waiting on God. But if you remember, Jesus said, It is Finished. So His part is done. The Lord is waiting on us now!

Are you a profitable servant to the Lord? I'm not asking for anyone to boast, but to comment on if you have considered these things. Ask yourself, am I profitable servant. Am I slacking or am I applying myself? Any profit that I aquire is unto the Lord and can be leading men to salvation and doing good things for the people. Good deeds are like giving Jesus Himself a drink when He is thirsty

Any Comments are welcome.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy