being a witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
I was raised as a christian my whole life and my dream is to be a witness unto all who are around me and one day travel the world as a witness. Yet I have yet to save even the family I now live with. I used to live wiith a christian family and my uncle I lived with was the pastor of my church.The only way I way I have witnessed all my life was through open christian conversasions and the fact that other people who were not christians were listening opened up the door of a Godly influence to plant a seed in their heartBut I want to witness at all times so that when I die I will have no regrets.and what I want to know is how to witness in a way that will not anger or push away non believersplease help me in this subject

Matthew

Jan 24, 2009
You have a worthy goal. Here are a few thoughts you might like to consider.Families are often the most difficult to witness to. You need to consider whether continued witnessing might be hardening them to the gospel. It happens. It might be time to let go and pray that the Lord will lead others to witness to them. Open Christian conversations are an excellent way to witness. Rarely does one person alone bring someone to Christ, one person plants the seed, another encourages, and another finally leads them to the Lord. You may never know (in this life) how many you helped along the way.An over-enthusiastic Christian can anger non-believers by their style of witnessing. The best way to start out is to listen. Understand what the unbeliever believes, what is important to them, and what they believe about God. Once you do this most people will respect you and be willing to listen to you without the tension and agression which so often spoils witnessing.Above all remember it is the Holy Spirit that does the work of conversion in a persons heart so be sensitive to Him and pray, pray and pray.These are a few ideas, I hope they help.