Being career focused costs women more than they realize

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are going to do what they want. I believe the Bible tells women that the home is their primary ministry but lets start with this: Women should know the trade-offs of focusing primarily on careers.

- Fertility: The time that you are most able to have healthy children is now taken up by education, job training, and working. It may not seem to matter at first but when you hit the late 20's the desire for children tends to really hit you.

-Desirability: Women are putting off marriage but not necessarily putting off sex during college. Men generally prefer low body counts. Not the string of unsuccessful relationships that modern life shoehorns women into today. Men also generally do not care about women's status, income, or career achievements because they rarely benefit directly from them and often dislike feeling in competition.

-Marriage: The endless battle over who takes care of the chores and income is a real struggle when both spouses are working.

-Health: When a woman is a "keeper at home" like Titus 2 mentions, she has more time to cook healthy food for herself, her husband, and children. Cooking healthy food takes time and skill. We now live in a world of convenient and quick fattening choices because we have made the home the place where neither men or women want to be.

-Nurture: We see children as a burden and careers as fulfilling these days. We abort babies so we can focus on our own dreams. We bring in a second income in our marriages, only to have to spend most of it on child care because we don't desire staying at home with them.

When my husband asked me to stay at home, I tried it and found that my efforts were more rewarded than any paycheck I ever contributed. I found that we fought less, we ate better, and I was never bored but found a new ambition for making our home special.

If young women are going to be given the choice to go to college and have careers, they should also know that homemaking is a great choice and that there are real sacrifices involved with focusing primarily on careers.

We live in an anti-family culture that despises the home, so I was conditioned that college and career was the only acceptable choice for me. I regret not being given any information about the benefits of the lifestyle I live now at an earlier age.

• Love
Reactions: amadeus and marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people are too poor to be taken care of by a man who only makes minimum wage.

My mother was beat beat by her husband, and he worked sometimes. My mother finally left him, and eventually my mother had to end up working two jobs as she did not find an interest in perusing after men anymore.

There is another young 23 year old mother, who works 2 jobs I know of.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also did you know that marriage is simply when two people (male and female - it's impossible any other way) come together, and are joined in sexual relations. I did that several times in my life and have divorced them all and some of them are probably still alive which makes me an adulter.

When it comes to teaching children about sex they should know this and they should also understand that when they do this act and become married to another - to not leave them, as marriage is highly important To God if two people decide to be with each other.

Unless abuse or something like that occurs, but ultimtaely they both should sacrfice for one another... otherwise they are being petty.

Yahava also should be put first in my opinion.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe if a woman wants to work she should work, it's good to get out of the house, in my opinion @Wynona. Now if you wanna go back to coloinal times, by all means one can do such things, and some people perfer it that way, however getting out and working there is nothing wrong with that. And if you have your prioties in tact, you will find time to spend with your own children and make time for them even if you are tired from work. My mother never gave me much attention so therefore I become a wild child; but in the end finding Christ was the answer that was really needed, even if it was after 26 years of being alive here on earth.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are going to do what they want. I believe the Bible tells women that the home is their primary ministry but lets start with this: Women should know the trade-offs of focusing primarily on careers.

- Fertility: The time that you are most able to have healthy children is now taken up by education, job training, and working. It may not seem to matter at first but when you hit the late 20's the desire for children tends to really hit you.

-Desirability: Women are putting off marriage but not necessarily putting off sex during college. Men generally prefer low body counts. Not the string of unsuccessful relationships that modern life shoehorns women into today. Men also generally do not care about women's status, income, or career achievements because they rarely benefit directly from them and often dislike feeling in competition.

-Marriage: The endless battle over who takes care of the chores and income is a real struggle when both spouses are working.

-Health: When a woman is a "keeper at home" like Titus 2 mentions, she has more time to cook healthy food for herself, her husband, and children. Cooking healthy food takes time and skill. We now live in a world of convenient and quick fattening choices because we have made the home the place where neither men or women want to be.

-Nurture: We see children as a burden and careers as fulfilling these days. We abort babies so we can focus on our own dreams. We bring in a second income in our marriages, only to have to spend most of it on child care because we don't desire staying at home with them.

When my husband asked me to stay at home, I tried it and found that my efforts were more rewarded than any paycheck I ever contributed. I found that we fought less, we ate better, and I was never bored but found a new ambition for making our home special.

If young women are going to be given the choice to go to college and have careers, they should also know that homemaking is a great choice and that there are real sacrifices involved with focusing primarily on careers.

We live in an anti-family culture that despises the home, so I was conditioned that college and career was the only acceptable choice for me. I regret not being given any information about the benefits of the lifestyle I live now at an earlier age.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful life with us!

Reactions: Wynona