Being good ambassadors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I was busy replying to someone on this thread and the anointing of God came over me. It caused me to re-edit my entire post :lol:.

If we can't reply with an overwhelming love seeping into our words written, what's the point of discussing here, as Christians?

God is an all consuming fire Heb 12:29. That fire is in us. If we give it a chance it comes out of us. This fire thinks and reacts in absolutes of love, patience, longsuffering, humility and righteousness. Let's all be mindful of that next time we reply here or encounter an annoying person :D.

I am reminded of what Jonah said in Jonah 4:2 And he prayed unto the Lord, and said, I pray thee, O Lord, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.

Roughy translated ''the reason I ran away from your calling is because I know you are good and mercifull, even with them, the chiefest of sinners.''

The prayer for today is that we aspire to be at least a shadow of our great and good God.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

I am reminded of the passage in Colossians 4:6:

Your speech should always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer each person. (HCSB)

Ever since CB began about 8 years ago now, I struggled with the communication here on the boards. It's very frustrating to watch two people hammer something out into a full-on argument because they cannot see eye to eye and cannot let it go. Part of having grace in a conversation is being able to walk away or stop talking. The other part of having an answer involves a well thought out answer, anticipating where words may injure or cause misunderstanding.

You're going to win far more to your cause if you practice what the Bible preaches in this arena. If it were easy to do, everyone would do it of course. However, we are not called to an easy faith. We are indeed ambassadors, and that means acting in a representative capacity for something bigger.

I just wish folks would take more time before hitting that post button. 2-3 well-worded replies are always going to outweigh 17 rapid response posts full of emotion.

Hashe

Mar 1, 2014
I often think about this. It must make God sad that so many people are too busy being 'right' to be loving, and actually doing what Jesus ask us to do, not just of one another, but also of our enemies!

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
Being good ambassadors
depends on what's being said ...

For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not ...

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam ...

Reactions: KingJ

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
HammerStone said:
Amen!

I am reminded of the passage in Colossians 4:6:

Your speech should always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you should answer each person. (HCSB)

Ever since CB began about 8 years ago now, I struggled with the communication here on the boards. It's very frustrating to watch two people hammer something out into a full-on argument because they cannot see eye to eye and cannot let it go. Part of having grace in a conversation is being able to walk away or stop talking. The other part of having an answer involves a well thought out answer, anticipating where words may injure or cause misunderstanding.

You're going to win far more to your cause if you practice what the Bible preaches in this arena. If it were easy to do, everyone would do it of course. However, we are not called to an easy faith. We are indeed ambassadors, and that means acting in a representative capacity for something bigger.

I just wish folks would take more time before hitting that post button. 2-3 well-worded replies are always going to outweigh 17 rapid response posts full of emotion.
Agreed!
IBeMe said:
depends on what's being said ...

For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not ...

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam ....
and that is why we need mods and to pray for them. You and I can stop nobody...after we have had our say of course ^_^.
Hashe said:
I often think about this. It must make God sad that so many people are too busy being 'right' to be loving, and actually doing what Jesus ask us to do, not just of one another, but also of our enemies!
Agreed. The only blurry frustration is those darn wolves in sheep's clothing. We show love, they trample on it and continue gnawing at our ankles :unsure:. As IBeMe clearly stated.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks. As people attempt to say harmful things to me when I am annoying, perhaps they will remember this post and forthwith reconsider.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
Thanks. As people attempt to say harmful things to me when I am annoying, perhaps they will remember this post and forthwith reconsider.
:D
Just as it takes intelligence to be a comedian, it takes being a Christian to turn the left cheek.

I have always maintained that you know a Christian after you have 'scratched' them. Either honey or puss comes out.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think of wolves in sheep's clothing as people who betray - people who work for your trust and then hurt you. I do not think of wolves as people calling themselves Christian, but ascribing to unorthodox doctrine. We are known by our fruit, which is love; not by our doctrine.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
But a wolf doesn't want to 'hurt' you. We must not make the mistake of calling the unsaved wolves. Wolves are false teachers on a mission for the devil. Lead you out of the flock and eat you. Now how is that achieved? Get you doubting doctrine because of Rom 10:17.