Being madly in love with Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For women, for ladies, being in love with Jesus must be like being in a romantic relationship. Except Jesus is much more consistent than a male human being. More reliable.
I sometimes think I need a female God. A female Jesus. So an intimate relationship , feels more normal.
Sorry this is a strange notion I have here. I understand if you need to ignore. I'm just sharing my honest thoughts. So for males , Jesus is friend, but also King. We have a spiritual connection, man to man. Yet sometimes I read of men madly in love with Jesus. Intimacy? Am I reading too much into this? And would gay men be physically attracted to Jesus? I imagine they would. Again this might be a taboo topic and perhaps deserving on condemnation.
I'm just trying to clarify my own relationship with Jesus. With God. I get the Prodigal Son /Father perspective. God is my Father. But Jesus is my best friend? Counsellor? All of the above? Though not lover of course.

Reactions: Nancy

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Intimacy with Christ is not sexual and no, it's not that way at all. Relationship with Christ is amazingly fulfilling, intense, and exciting ... but it isn't sexual. Intimate, yes .... sexual, NO.

Irwin Fletcher

Sep 19, 2020
Cyprus
seeinggodclearly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Cyprus
It is important to understand how our own experiences impact our view of God. The Bible talks about God as a Heavenly Father, but for people whose father was abusive or absent, it is difficult to separate this and see God as fully loving. Jesus and God are very real and present and over time, as we continue to practice spiritual disciplines, we can learn to remove our own misconceptions and see God for who He really is, without those distortions.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm no I don't have a romantic relationship with Christ. I have passion for Him but it's not the same as having a romantic interest in Him.

Reactions: TLHKAJ