Being Saved is not Passive on our Part

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny how you use the terms: "lightning bolts ready to zap those He loves if they screw up," instead of the word "chastise." I suppose any which way will suffice.

Mostly because there are so many modern day pharisees on this thread who picture God as a tyrannical master ready to punish His children for their transgressions. when they write, this is the picture they paint of God! Loves you enough to save, but ready to strike you down the moment you screw up!

chastises is an interesting word. It is the word padeua! In Stars wars they derived the word padewan from it- which is one in training! god doesn't punish us- but will use our sin to train us to hate sin! Every act of God towards us is based on His nonstop love for us because of what jesus did!

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya keep assuming things . I already know true believers produce fruit . ITS the SPIRIT at work in us . If a person lives in sin
THEY NEVER KNEW HIM . I been saying this all along . I just also remind us , like did CHRIST , like did pual and others
To continue to the end . All those spirit inspired reminders are there for a reason . TO HELP US . I think folks forget that .

YOu should not judge someone like that! A person is living in a sin, it oculd be for a season, and their heart may be crying out for deliverance. God doesn't work according to mans arrogant time tables. It could be something they have not even learned is wrong yet. Or it could be that they did not get saved and just had a religious experience. But that is for God to decide and not us.

Reactions: marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu should not judge someone like that! A person is living in a sin, it oculd be for a season, and their heart may be crying out for deliverance. God doesn't work according to mans arrogant time tables. It could be something they have not even learned is wrong yet. Or it could be that they did not get saved and just had a religious experience. But that is for God to decide and not us.
Rather odd that in pauls day if a person was living in sin paul would have said , WHO YE OBEY IS WHOSE YE ARE . Christanity sure has come a long
way since them days . But true lambs are gonna warn the same way the apostels did . Be encouraged now .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd that in pauls day if a person was living in sin paul would have said , WHO YE OBEY IS WHOSE YE ARE . Christanity sure has come a long
way since them days . But true lambs are gonna warn the same way the apostels did . Be encouraged now .

Yes a believer can be in bondage to sin and we obey the lusts. But do you expect a new believer, just accepted Christ who was a satanist, heavy drinker, drug user, fornicator, smoker, foul mouthed thieving liar to be become Billy Graham overnight?

For that was me! It took many yearss for God to deliver me from some of the old ways. How he works and when He works are His business. You are trying to determine the condition of a mans soul byut the external appearance. That is grossly wrong.

If they call themselves a believer, yes we should approach them and exhort them to abandon the habit, if they call for helop, we should circle them and come tro their aid, while they are weak.

You also forget that jesus said a bruised redd He will not break and a smoldering flax he will not quench! He reads our hearts and only Gpo knows if a person is struggling in an area or is just living in unrepented sin.

Even that if they are a believer, god will break that habit- that is His promise to us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly because there are so many modern day pharisees on this thread who picture God as a tyrannical master ready to punish His children for their transgressions. when they write, this is the picture they paint of God! Loves you enough to save, but ready to strike you down the moment you screw up!

chastises is an interesting word. It is the word padeua! In Stars wars they derived the word padewan from it- which is one in training! god doesn't punish us- but will use our sin to train us to hate sin! Every act of God towards us is based on His nonstop love for us because of what jesus did!
The word means, train as you would a child.

He is rescuing us from sin, not trying to find ways to disqualify us. He already had that.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette