Being Saved is not Passive on our Part

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're passive faith theology does not teach being a doer of the word where it begins: within the heart first. Your doctrine is spiritual philosophy only, not the doctrine of Christ that obeys the Spirit in deed and in truth to love God with all the heart and soul and spirit.
I don't think you understand the doctrine you argue against. Are you able to articulate fairly and without predudice what it is these others believe? What I believe? It sound's like you've got some negative talking points against what others are saying to you, but that you don't really understand the teaching. Do you?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You give lip service to really really desiring and craving to be sinlessly perfect in future, while declaring it Satanic in this life.
Not "sinless perfection", but "believing that unless you've completely stopped sinning that you are not saved." Is that in fact what you believe? That the truly saved never commit any sin?

And if I'm mistaken about you, I desire correction.

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:44 doesn't contradict man's need to cooperate in his salvation in the least.

If that is the case then YOU are the king maker and NOT God!

Faith is a gift. Ephesians 2:8 What we then do with that gift decides everything.

You must first define the character, nature, and meaning of Ephesians 2:8. And I'm willing to wager that you have no inkling at all as to the character, nature, and meaning of Ephesians 2:8.

Are we lost for a lack of knowledge? Scripture says yes. Hosea 4:6

Actually, Hosea 4:6 is an ominous warning to those who teaches the Word of God falsely!!! And NEVER because of lack in knowledge. "We know in part and we prophesy in part."

Are we lost if we don't develop a love for the Truth by spending ample time with God in His Word? Scripture says yes. 2 Thessalonians 2:10

Anyone can read Scripture, but if they are not saved, they will never understand the Word of God. Mark 4:34.

Is it possible for God NOT to approve of us? Scripture says yes. 2 Timothy 2:15

You are in ERROR! The word "approve" is NOT as we think it means. This is where concordances come in and are a help especially Strong's for it was written in line with the KJV Bible. Actually the word "approve" means "test."

To God Be The Glory

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case then YOU are the king maker and NOT God!

You must first define the character, nature, and meaning of Ephesians 2:8. And I'm willing to wager that you have no inkling at all as to the character, nature, and meaning of Ephesians 2:8.

Actually, Hosea 4:6 is an ominous warning to those who teaches the Word of God falsely!!! And NEVER because of lack in knowledge. "We know in part and we prophesy in part."

Anyone can read Scripture, but if they are not saved, they will never understand the Word of God. Mark 4:34.

You are in ERROR! The word "approve" is NOT as we think it means. This is where concordances come in and are a help especially Strong's for it was written in line with the KJV Bible. Actually the word "approve" means "test."

To God Be The Glory
Worthless post.

Every comment was nonsense.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="GEN2REV, post: 1338482, member: 10533"]Worthless post.

Every comment was nonsense
[/QUOTE]

I will pray the Holy Spirit give you wisdom!

To God Be The Glory

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your prayer is answered.
Thank you.

You arere welcome. But without a doubt, I now know you're playing god as only the True God can answer prayers so soon, as it also will take sometime to mold your type.

It's a wonder your "playing character" can also be seen by your Avatar. Lol!

I will no longer correspond with you, but will keep you on my prayer list. You may have the last word if desired.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Men speak like the Spirit of God does things within them, as though they were passive recipients: that is not Scripture.

The Spirit does nothing within us without our active participation: we are not computers being programmed by God: Jesus does not enter, until we open the door upon hearing the knocking of His word.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. (Rom 8)

Being led by the Spirit is being led with the Spirit, which is not passive on our part: we are not carts being pulled by a spiritual horse.

Being led with the Spirit is hand in hand walking in His steps: we are as newborn babes in Christ: we are not babies being carried around in His hands, especially not across the finish line.

We are riders of the spiritual horse, and we receive and are led with the Spirit, only when we take Him by the hand to ride with us to heaven:

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. (Rev 19)

The Spirit does not come and take over, while we sit passively by letting Him do all the good work of cleaning our filthy hearts and bodies: Being born and led of the Spirit is not for passive babies, nor is it spirit-possession.

We actively hold onto His hand while walking in His steps: no one but us can pluck our hand out of His, by going off to sin some more.

We are friends and brethren in fellowship with Him and in need of His hand: He does not need ours.

We are not dead weight sinners of ball and chain, that He has to drag to heaven, because He has unconditionally agreed to take us to heaven by a foolish grace of our own making.
you are still quite gnostic, and speak in absolute values, rd, but i suggest at some point that your definitions of these terms that you are convinced right now are completely settled might change, “saved” being the one in view right now. What does saved mean?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Men speak like the Spirit of God does things within them, as though they were passive recipients: that is not Scripture.

Salvation is Christ on the Cross. You dont earn that, work for it, or try to keep it.
Its "the GIFT of Salvation."
So, Salvation is all of God, and your part is to RECEIVE IT, by Faith.

Discipleship, is your part. And you have become a Disciple of Christ, only by being born again.
Many who are not born again, try to fake being a disciple of Christ. And you hear then talking about "keeping the law, law, law, law, law, commandments, commandments,... my works, works, works. """

So, that is a person who is trying to be a Disciple, but isn't one,... as you are made one by God, and that is the only way to become a true Disciple of the Jesus THE Christ.
= Born Again...... Jesus said..."you must be born again".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Only those keeping His commandments know Him, because they know He is right there with them hand in hand doing so.
ha well unfortunately them knowing that does not necessarily make it true i guess…surely the cleaners of the outside of the cup feel that way?

can you state one of these commandments you have in mind? ty

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE Alone Is my Righteous JUDGE! Amen.

I understand what you are trying to say but if we want to teach others, we must teach the truth. Unless I am mistaken your statement above is not quite true. John 5:24 reads:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath [has] everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment; but is passed from death unto life.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This of course is true, but the problem is seeking to do so with an uncleansed mind, and so still sinning elsewhere: it's the difference between the righteous saints and the unrighteous christians doing good works and evil from time to time.

You never really become a son of God in this life, loving Him with a whole heart: as you teach, you remain double hearted for life, and even celebrate it in your half-hearted claims of hating it.

When we get saved we are made a new creature and given the mind of Christ! However, God does not erase everything sinful thing we learned.e wipes out the debt and guilt of the sin, but not the data stored in our hearts. As we grow in the Word of God we unlearn th eold ways of the flesh and learn the new ways of the spirit.

YOu forget teh compassion and patience of God in teaching us! You are like the man who was forgiven a great debt and then refuses to forgive those who have small debtrs.

And you have believed the devils lie when you say we are not the children of God right now!

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

YOu are so poisoned by a gospel of works that you can no longer see that God is patient and kind and merciful. You truly serve a cruel God of your own making.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we get saved we are made a new creature and given the mind of Christ! However, God does not erase everything sinful....

What a terrible salvation plan if God did not redeem ALL the sins of those He wanted to save! The law dictates that "The wages of sin [singular] is death."

What do you suppose will happen when we die and we must give an account for that one sin that was NEVER redeemed by Jesus? Can you imagine where we will end up?

Ezekiel 36:26 reads:
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." See also how God doubles this in Ezekiel 11:19.

To God Be The Glory

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a terrible salvation plan if God did not redeem ALL the sins of those He wanted to save! The law dictates that "The wages of sin [singular] is death."

What do you suppose will happen when we die and we must give an account for that one sin that was NEVER redeemed by Jesus? Can you imagine where we will end up?

Ezekiel 36:26 reads:
"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh." See also how God doubles this in Ezekiel 11:19.

To God Be The Glory

I know! People who think that they can sin there way out of salvation, simply do not know the grace, mercy and long suffering of God. Nor do they know the depths of forgiveness Jesus bought for us when He became our sin and God punished Him in our place.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know! People who think that they can sin there way out of salvation, simply do not know the grace, mercy and long suffering of God. Nor do they know the depths of forgiveness Jesus bought for us when He became our sin and God punished Him in our place.
Those who continue in sin dont know the half of what paul , Christ and others taught . I hope that scares the socks of this generation .
Cause the proof of whose we are is seen in the fruits .
WHO we serve is WHOSE we are . And GOD wont be mocked . those who sow to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption
those who sow to the spirit shall reap life everlasting . How often paul warned the churches DONT BE DECIEVED
fornicators and etc and etc WONT INHERIT the KINGDOM OF GOD . ITS for these very things that the WRAHT OF GOD
comes on the children of disobediance . EITHER WE OBEY CHRIST or expect to hear , YA FOLLOWED another jesus
and I NEVER KNEW YA .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who continue in sin dont know the half of what paul , Christ and others taught . I hope that scares the socks of this generation .
Cause the proof of whose we are is seen in the fruits .
WHO we serve is WHOSE we are . And GOD wont be mocked . those who sow to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption
those who sow to the spirit shall reap life everlasting . How often paul warned the churches DONT BE DECIEVED
fornicators and etc and etc WONT INHERIT the KINGDOM OF GOD . ITS for these very things that the WRAHT OF GOD
comes on the children of disobediance . EITHER WE OBEY CHRIST or expect to hear , YA FOLLOWED another jesus
and I NEVER KNEW YA .

But once again you ignore the most important part of our salvation! We in our flesh are made dead by God and resurrected and the children of god with a new heart!

True believers will produce fruit. But it is not on the timetable of the pharisees and legalists in the church! God is far more patient with His children than the hate mongers who infectr these threads.

Good works follow salvation and are produced because of salvation!

If a person lives in sin then they probably never got saved to begin with! You posted the correct verse for that!

Jesus says " I NEVER knew you". Not I knew you once but not now!

I push grace and mercy hard on these threads because there are just way too many legalists who write like god is Zeus sitting with lightening bolts ready to zap those He loves if they screw up!

Reactions: marks

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I push grace and mercy hard on these threads because there are just way too many legalists who write like god is Zeus sitting with lightening bolts ready to zap those He loves if they screw up!

Funny how you use the terms: "lightning bolts ready to zap those He loves if they screw up," instead of the word "chastise." I suppose any which way will suffice.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But once again you ignore the most important part of our salvation! We in our flesh are made dead by God and resurrected and the children of god with a new heart!

True believers will produce fruit. But it is not on the timetable of the pharisees and legalists in the church! God is far more patient with His children than the hate mongers who infectr these threads.

Good works follow salvation and are produced because of salvation!

If a person lives in sin then they probably never got saved to begin with! You posted the correct verse for that!

Jesus says " I NEVER knew you". Not I knew you once but not now!

Ya keep assuming things . I already know true believers produce fruit . ITS the SPIRIT at work in us . If a person lives in sin
THEY NEVER KNEW HIM . I been saying this all along . I just also remind us , like did CHRIST , like did pual and others
To continue to the end . All those spirit inspired reminders are there for a reason . TO HELP US . I think folks forget that .

Reactions: Marvelloustime