Belonging to Christ….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:21 (NASB20)
For they all seek after their own interests, not those of Christ Jesus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a rebuke of fellow Christian’s…… For it is other Christian’s Paul is addressing….. But why would Paul say such a thing about other Christian’s that were saved and belonged to Christ just the same as he…?

Because even though they were Christ’s and were saved and Heaven bound, they had not yet denied self and were still under the power of self and the self life doing what was right in their own eyes…. That would be trying their best to serve God under the power of the flesh and had not yet learned to walk by faith and trust Christ to live His life in and through them…. Henceforth own will was the leader in life, what they thought, what they wanted, what they could figure out, rather then seeing the truth that whatsoever was not of faith was sin…. Or in other words, that which is not of faith was of own interests and not those of Christ Jesus….

For only and active pursuit after righteousness in all things is an active pursuit after Christ in all things…. And seeing how this is an absolute impossibility for man to achieve on his own, faith in Christ living His life in and through one has been given to undertake and succeed in this work… Being that all things come through the faith of the heart turned towards God, for the pursuing of His will and not those interests of the life of self…..

Be blessed in one’s walk before God to the pleasing of Him….

A fellow belong-er to Him, Not me

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes dying to self is a very complex and complicated thing to do. I confessed to God a few years ago that I seriously needed His help because I made a mess of my life through bad choices and broken fellowship.
I said Father when I got saved years ago I accepted Jesus as my Saviour....and all these years He has been my Saviour but I never let Him be MY LORD....I was always co-managing my life with Him and when He wanted me to do something specific I would give Him a rundown of how I would accomplish it....or when I would pray and ask for a specific need I would help Him figure out how to manifest this in my life....
So that moment I took an imaginary deed out and signed my name and gave it to Jesus and said Jesus will you be Lord of my life? Not just my Saviour...and here is the deed to my life that I have signed over to you to do what you want with your new home...
He answered....I have been waiting a long time for you to do this....now it's time to move forward.
I asked what should I do now?
He said...Rest...wait upon me....I have a lot of repairs to do...and as Lord of this temple I insist that it be made brand new.

So strangely enough I am still resting in Him and waiting on Him to give me a task to accomplish or whatever..
I am not about to become impatient and attempt to hurry Him along by getting started without Him telling me to.
Waiting, waiting, and waiting...
In the meantime He has healed so much of my heart and spirit....revealed hidden things of my past that I was still being tormented by it....and have had my eyes opened to new Revelation knowledge of His Word.

I like waiting
:)

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes dying to self is a very complex and complicated thing to do. I confessed to God a few years ago that I seriously needed His help because I made a mess of my life through bad choices and broken fellowship.
I said Father when I got saved years ago I accepted Jesus as my Saviour....and all these years He has been my Saviour but I never let Him be MY LORD....I was always co-managing my life with Him and when He wanted me to do something specific I would give Him a rundown of how I would accomplish it....or when I would pray and ask for a specific need I would help Him figure out how to manifest this in my life....
So that moment I took an imaginary deed out and signed my name and gave it to Jesus and said Jesus will you be Lord of my life? Not just my Saviour...and here is the deed to my life that I have signed over to you to do what you want with your new home...
He answered....I have been waiting a long time for you to do this....now it's time to move forward.
He said...Rest...wait upon me....I have a lot of repairs to do...and as Lord of this temple I insist that it be made brand new.

So strangely enough I am still resting in Him and waiting on Him to give me a task to accomplish or whatever..
I am not about to become impatient and attempt to hurry Him along by getting started without Him telling me to.
In the meantime He has healed so much of my heart and spirit....revealed hidden things of my past that I was still being tormented by it....and have had my eyes opened to new Revelation knowledge of His Word.

I like waiting

Beautiful, and be so very very blessed in that waiting, and may our God bless and fill you with Himself in such an awesome and fulfilling way….

Be blessed in that relationship you have with Him….

A fellow believer, Not me

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I like waiting
Yes that complete surrender handing over everything your life your soul everything you own all of it that is what he wants he wants to be first in our lives he wants our all complete surrender. I too have been waiting because I have felt there is a calling for me that i am to wait on and i am very eager to get into the field but a good soldier knows to wait for his order from the commander he never acts on his own. the waiting is hard at times though

Reactions: Heart2Soul