Best Bible Software Program

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the best Christian software program on the market at present?

• Olive Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QuickVerse--by FindEx.com, Inc.

• GLO--by Zondervan

• iLumina--by Visual book Productions, Tyndal House Publishers

• SwordSearcher--by swordsearcher.com

• Berean Bible Study Freeware

• Total voters

St Columcille

Apr 14, 2011
Manchester, TN
I was inquiring about which Christian software program that others use. How well do you like it? What are the best features? What do you like about the company?

For instance, I swear by the Libronix Digital Library System put out by logos.com. It has a powerful search engine, has applications already built for the iPod, iPad, is working on an application for Android related systems, the website offers upgrades at discounted prices, offers a prepublication system where customers can make suggestions on their forum site, set up a bar graph system where enough interest will help gain a contract with the copyright holders of books, then make it under contract and sell to the prepublication customer at a fraction of the cost. I really enjoy the fact that I can copy and paste with MLA references automatically being put in a footnote within other applications and even in chat rooms and forums.

However, I have not had the opportunity to own another bible software program. So I hope others here might give suggestions and feedback to others as to your own favorite software program.

Joew66

Apr 26, 2011
I am a Logos person myself, I do not think there is a better platform for Bible study but it is definitely pricey

Great Christian Books.

I was inquiring about which Christian software program that others use. How well do you like it? What are the best features? What do you like about the company?

For instance, I swear by the Libronix Digital Library System put out by logos.com. It has a powerful search engine, has applications already built for the iPod, iPad, is working on an application for Android related systems, the website offers upgrades at discounted prices, offers a prepublication system where customers can make suggestions on their forum site, set up a bar graph system where enough interest will help gain a contract with the copyright holders of books, then make it under contract and sell to the prepublication customer at a fraction of the cost. I really enjoy the fact that I can copy and paste with MLA references automatically being put in a footnote within other applications and even in chat rooms and forums.

However, I have not had the opportunity to own another bible software program. So I hope others here might give suggestions and feedback to others as to your own favorite software program.

St Columcille

Apr 14, 2011
Manchester, TN
I am a Logos person myself, I do not think there is a better platform for Bible study but it is definitely pricey
Great Christian Books.

I agree that Logos can be pricey, but I find them on the edge of innovation and find other competitors lacking.

I am finding some of the books to read through iBook on my iPad app that are free. Project Gutenberg is a place I recommend all iPad users to search their catalog and download for free. When I used my Jornada pocket pc, I recall I downloaded a lot of ebooks from, I think, West Virginia University.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to own the Logos products - maybe some day.

I have both Bible Explorer and Glo Bible. I like them both - they both have their merits. I had actually previously owned another program that was purchased for me in college - but honestly I can no longer remember the name. I like Bible Explorer - it's easy enough to navigate and I mainly use it for the different translations and not so much the commentaries, etc. Glo Bible is pretty unique in the visual elements. I enjoy being able to see the places, artwork, etc. that match up with verses. I think that visual element can help me approach the topic in a different manner. I used it one Sunday for my youth to show them a rendering of the temple, the probable location of the sermon on the mount, and a few other places.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I would like to own the Logos products - maybe some day.

I have both Bible Explorer and Glo Bible. I like them both - they both have their merits. I had actually previously owned another program that was purchased for me in college - but honestly I can no longer remember the name. I like Bible Explorer - it's easy enough to navigate and I mainly use it for the different translations and not so much the commentaries, etc. Glo Bible is pretty unique in the visual elements. I enjoy being able to see the places, artwork, etc. that match up with verses. I think that visual element can help me approach the topic in a different manner. I used it one Sunday for my youth to show them a rendering of the temple, the probable location of the sermon on the mount, and a few other places.

I just loaded Bible Explorer, looks decent and seems to have lots of e books available. I think I'm going to like it.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Parsons Technology... With Quickverse 2 - 4.... Would allow multiple screens to synchronize. So normally I would run my KJV on the left hand of the screen... My Strongs Hebrew and Greek on the upper right... And my Strongs dictionary on the bottom right of the screen. After Quickverse 5 this feature went away.

Does anyone know of any software that will allow synchronization of this nature? Thank you!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Can you sync the different translations with the Strong's Hebrew and Greek dictionary?
The KJV and NASB have dictionary's but other than that I don't think so. I'm not recommending Wordsearch. Just saying I use it. I've used it since the DOS version. You can email them to ask specific questions.

rosh

Jun 21, 2011
India
try esword... good search, concordance greek and hebrew, can add diffrerent versions. make notes, study,etc.

Reactions: Etienne

Etienne

Jun 6, 2011
+1 to e-sword

Awesome program. It has all the versions of the Bible. easy to use and search around.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
+2 to e-sword

Awesome program. It has all the versions of the Bible. Easy to use and search around.

And it's FREE! And you can partition the screen as you will, Multiple Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Editors, highlight text, Bookmarks, add personal notes, Journal, Maps, etc.

www.e-sword.net

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's FREE! And you can partition the screen as you will, Multiple Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Editors, highlight text, Bookmarks, add personal notes, Journal, Maps, etc.

www.e-sword.net

I downloaded e-sword and with it came a win 7 security 2012 trojan that absolutely took over my computer. I could not get into system restore or MSConfig. I had to run code to get into my registries to open the door to allow me to get into MSConfig. Now I am going to have to run code sent from Microsoft to totally clean the computer.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I like BibleSoft's PC Study Bible. Can buy add-on modules as they come out. My 3.1 version has more than I'd ever need, and it's an old version.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I used to like E-Sword, but it's changed and has gotten to complicated for me to work. I need something for simple people like me that I can use in forums and need it to be free. Any suggestions?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.youversion.com/
http://www.ebible.com/
http://www.blueletterbible.org/

Honestly, unless you want to dozens and dozens of commentaries, I suggest the above. If you want commentaries and other extra-Biblical documents, then I suggest going for some of the other mentions here. However, as someone already said, two of these are in the cloud, meaning you can access notes and highlights at any computer.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
http://www.youversion.com/
http://www.ebible.com/
http://www.blueletterbible.org/

Honestly, unless you want to dozens and dozens of commentaries, I suggest the above. If you want commentaries and other extra-Biblical documents, then I suggest going for some of the other mentions here. However, as someone already said, two of these are in the cloud, meaning you can access notes and highlights at any computer.

Thanks. I bookmarked the Blue Letter Bible one after trying it and finding it much easier to use than E-Sword. I don't know why they had to make E-Sword harder to use. I did manage to figure out the E-Sword one and might keep it, but I'll try the Blue Letter one. I have Strong's Concordance, but you have to wade through hundreds and even thousands of verses looking for just one, and the lettering in Strong's is VERY small. My eyes are getting old and don't work very well any more.

Erudite Celt

Jun 20, 2012
ULSTER
Parsons Technology... With Quickverse 2 - 4.... Would allow multiple screens to synchronize. So normally I would run my KJV on the left hand of the screen... My Strongs Hebrew and Greek on the upper right... And my Strongs dictionary on the bottom right of the screen. After Quickverse 5 this feature went away.

Does anyone know of any software that will allow synchronization of this nature? Thank you!
e-sword.