Beyond good and evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually. The Lord God specifically said that knowing both good or evil will destroy (Kill) you and your whole society.(Even touching the tree of knowledge of good and evil is going to far)

God never, ever said not to touch it, Eve said that. And, do you have ANY scripture verses to back up what you are saying??

Reactions: Giuliano

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I was God and knew beginning to end, I wouldn't have made creation in the first place. (Because I'd know it would fail)
WADR, I’m glad you’re not God. Even though MAN failed by disobeying God’s direct order, God made things better than they would have been for those who receive God’s provision for forgiveness, which is the blood of Jesus Christ. He took our eternal punishment for sin and offers eternal life to those who choose to believe in Him. I pray that you will make this choice!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kitty said, "What is all this talk about living inside of ideas? You humans are strange. You're not living inside or outside of human concepts. You are living in the world. Get used to it."
Grey stripey cats are the smartest ones!

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuliano

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
God never, ever said not to touch it, Eve said that. And, do you have ANY scripture verses to back up what you are saying??
Eve believed what the serpent said about the tree of knowledge of good and evil before she ate it, did she not?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
WADR, I’m glad you’re not God. Even though MAN failed by disobeying God’s direct order, God made things better than they would have been for those who receive God’s provision for forgiveness, which is the blood of Jesus Christ. He took our eternal punishment for sin and offers eternal life to those who choose to believe in Him. I pray that you will make this choice!
I can't work out how creation could actually fall into death and decay if it was made perfect in the begining.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can't work out how creation could actually fall into death and decay if it was made perfect in the begining.
Hi Entanglement,
I haven't followed all your posts so you may have already provided some background to your obvious interest in Ontology (the study of human existence) and Theology (literally the study of God). While it is worth studying these there is no substitute for faith in God, something that supersedes just having knowledge of what is believed about Him. It is by faith that we understand the nature of existence.

Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

You mention the fall of Creation, which is a described in the Bible as resulting from the entrance of sin into what was otherwise a perfect Universe. By faith we understand that because the first humans, namely Adam & Eve, disobeyed God, as would all of us given the same circumstances, the experience of going against God's Will was now known to the human race, and as a consequence it was necessary for God to firstly curse Creation as the penalty and punishment for sin, and secondly redeem Creation through the suffering, shedding of blood, and death of His beloved Son Jesus Christ, whom He resurrected as the sign of His appeasement.

Gen 3:14-18 So the LORD God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life. (15) And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel." (16) To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you." (17) Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. (18) Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.

Although the Universe was originally perfect, without sin, without suffering, without death, this Perfection was marred by the disobedience of the first humans which resulted in penalty and punishment, but which is remedied by Christ whose death on our behalf has removed the penalty and punishment for those who by faith receive God's gift of eternal life. Ultimately the Perfection that was lost is restored. (The Bible in both Old & New Testaments explains this.)

Rom 8:18-23 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (19) For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. (20) For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; (21) because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (22) For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. (23) Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hi Entanglement,
I haven't followed all your posts so you may have already provided some background to your obvious interest in Ontology (the study of human existence) and Theology (literally the study of God). While it is worth studying these there is no substitute for faith in God, something that supersedes just having knowledge of what is believed about Him. It is by faith that we understand the nature of existence.

Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

You mention the fall of Creation, which is a described in the Bible as resulting from the entrance of sin into what was otherwise a perfect Universe. By faith we understand that because the first humans, namely Adam & Eve, disobeyed God, as would all of us given the same circumstances, the experience of going against God's Will was now known to the human race, and as a consequence it was necessary for God to firstly curse Creation as the penalty and punishment for sin, and secondly redeem Creation through the suffering, shedding of blood, and death of His beloved Son Jesus Christ, whom He resurrected as the sign of His appeasement.

Gen 3:14-18 So the LORD God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, You are cursed more than all cattle, And more than every beast of the field; On your belly you shall go, And you shall eat dust All the days of your life. (15) And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel." (16) To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you." (17) Then to Adam He said, "Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat of it': "Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life. (18) Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.

Although the Universe was originally perfect, without sin, without suffering, without death, this Perfection was marred by the disobedience of the first humans which resulted in penalty and punishment, but which is remedied by Christ whose death on our behalf has removed the penalty and punishment for those who by faith receive God's gift of eternal life. Ultimately the Perfection that was lost is restored. (The Bible in both Old & New Testaments explains this.)

Rom 8:18-23 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (19) For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. (20) For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; (21) because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (22) For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. (23) Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
So long as I get the girl in the end...