Bible Contradictions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Logical_One,I addressed the behaviour you are showing here today in that first thread when you came on. Are you not when an answer has been given, ignoring it to bring up another contradiction just to be argumentative and hoping to find one that nobody is answering right away and thus debasing?I challenge you to go to this site since on the very introductory page when you scroll down they address the very first false claim of contradiction that you cited in Proverbs.If you are looking for answers to these contradictions... then go.http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htmIt is only logical to assume that someone had already asked these questions, but unlike you, instead of making a parade of a list of contradictions just to debase others, they took the time to look for the answers themselves because they really wanted to know.And yes... other sites are available that addresses the false claims of Bible contradictions. You can google them on your own. This is your search, right? Or is the whole point here is just to exalt yourself over others if they do not have a ready made answer for you to understand or to accept? If you think you can shake our faith and make us ashame, then whatever. Jesus said we will be persecuted for our faith. It's just too bad that you do not have the "determination" to do the search since the Bible contradictions bothers you that much... or so you claim. Don't let emotional baggage of past frustration and exasperation and even humiliation stop you from seeking the truth nor Him.This man didn't. Dr. Kent Hovindhttp://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=88Nor this man. Dave Woetzelhttp://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=89http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=90http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=91Ralph Muncaster was a skeptic till he found God.This is what he found about the Bible and how manuscripts were copied.http://www.evidenceofgod.com/answers/manuscripts1.htmAnd as I am sure if you use your logic, a new believer isn't going to be ready to answer you ... and an average believer may have some of the answers you seek... and as far as a super duper believer.. well... I don't think anyone qualifies for that because ...1 Corinthians 13: 8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.Love is far more important in the life of a believer than knowing it all.John 20: 28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God. 29Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:Hebrews 11: 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. If you seek Him, you will find the answers to those things that bothers you.If you do not, then feel free to stay here and mock all you want. We can only help those that seek as He enables us, and pretty soon, it will be obvious that it is not what you want. But what do I know? Maybe God will intervene and reveal Himself to you to change you like He did Saul of Damascus. But I would think those links and your own google search engine would be your path to take in finding answers to all those "so-called" Bible contradictions. Go get 'em.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(Pariah;25931)
James had nothing to do with the faith of salvation. It was about the abuse of verbal faith from the faithsayers towards the poor in getting out of helping the poor when they had the means to do so.
Pariah:I don't think this can possibly be true. Look more closely at James 2:14: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?"The word "save" is explicitly used. He is clearly referring to the faith of salvation.As for the issue of the anointing scene, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying that Mark and John depict two different anointing stories?Er...also, as a side note, you probably shouldn't be citing Kent Hovind as an example of a good Christian. Aside from construing science in ways that are outright offensive, he's also currently serving a lengthy prison sentence for tax fraud. He's a crook, a liar and a perverter of truth.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
As I said from the beginning there are no contradictions in Gods words only those who can not understand what they reading this still holds trueThe question asked is; Can a man's faith alone without works save Him? This is talking about salvation other then initial justification. This is applied to the time after you become saved, and and have had the time to mature in God's Word. It is asking you, is it enough to simply say you have faith, and yet do nothing that Jesus and His Word has instructed the saved to do? This question is setting the discernment to tell if a person is truly saved and has faith in Jesus Christ, or if he or she is just putting on an outward act of being saved.the contradiction seems to be you can not get this idea that I presented you at the first of the person making motions of faith

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Lunar,
I don't think this can possibly be true. Look more closely at James 2:14: "What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?"
In other words, can the faith of the faithsayer save the poor if he does not follow example. If not, can the faith of the faithsayer save the poor?I prefer the King James Bible to show the actual meaning of the scriptures.James 2: 14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? See? What does it profit? Who? The poor. Can faith save him? Who? The poor. Can issuing faith of God providing that they be warmed and be filled profit and save the poor when they are naked and destitute of daily food? It does goes on from that verse you reference to describing the works accompanying that faith in being profitable to the poor as in saving him too.Thanks for pointing this out. Sometimes, I forget that other bible versions are not transcribed from the same sources as the King James Bible... thus maybe why readers are ignoring my sharing this point.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(Pariah;26018)
James 2: 14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? See? What does it profit? Who? The poor. Can faith save him? Who? The poor. Can issuing faith of God providing that they be warmed and be filled profit and save the poor when they are naked and destitute of daily food? It does goes on from that verse you reference to describing the works accompanying that faith in being profitable to the poor as in saving him too.
Pariah:Even in the King James Version, I'm really not seeing how you could reach that conclusion. The first sentence identifies a man who says he has faith, but does not have works. The second sentence ("can such faith save him?") refers to the same man. They have not introduced a man who has been distinguished as being poor yet, so "him" must be referring to the man who has faith but no works. When he asks "What doth it profit," the implication is clearly "it profits no one at all." The person who is saying "Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled," is the man who has faith but no works (if he had works, he would have helped the destitute person). James is arguing that the person who dismisses this destitute person - the man with faith but no works - cannot be saved.

Ricky W

Jun 6, 2007
A'udzubillaahiminasysyaithonirrojiimBismillaahirrohmaanirrohiim(Lunar)
Pariah:Even in the King James Version, I'm really not seeing how you could reach that conclusion. The first sentence identifies a man who says he has faith, but does not have works. The second sentence ("can such faith save him?") refers to the same man. They have not introduced a man who has been distinguished as being poor yet, so "him" must be referring to the man who has faith but no works. When he asks "What doth it profit," the implication is clearly "it profits no one at all." The person who is saying "Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled," is the man who has faith but no works (if he had works, he would have helped the destitute person). James is arguing that the person who dismisses this destitute person - the man with faith but no works - cannot be saved.
Are you saying that Faith and deeds are must run together ? Is itn't Christian should base only on Faith and that's Why, if i'm not mistake Luther want to throw away book of .... Oh, i forgot what is the book that is trying to throw away from the bible.Forgive me for knowing not of me.Wallaahu a'lam.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that Faith and deeds are must run together ? Is itn't Christian should base only on Faith and that's Why, if i'm not mistake Luther want to throw away book of .... Oh, i forgot what is the book that is trying to throw away from the bible.Forgive me for knowing not of me.
James 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Works are an extension of faith, it's a pretty clear. As the Word says, faith without works is dead. As someone truly saved in Christ, there is a fire that burns that far exceeds anything most people will ever know. Someone saved will do the work. Man has tried to make an argument of this through the years, but the fact remains that they go hand in hand, one comes with the other in the eyes of our Father. It's right there in his Word.Hebrews 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

simpleword

Oct 30, 2007
You have shown no contrdictions in the Authorizied King james version,Here is a noncontridiction tract. I RESPECT YOUR DOCTRINE OF BELIEF, SO YOU SHOULD MINE ?How can you respect a doctrine of belief that is a destructive force,destroying men,women,nations and souls!One church believes and teaches one thing,another church another doctrine,another church another,so on and on.Churches today have formed thier very own doctrine of " We interpreted it differently".This is destroying us and worst of all,seperating us from God Almighty. Jesus Christ says in Matthew 12:25 "Every kingdom divided againest itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided againest itself shall not stand.The Word of God is so very important,that He spoke the heaven and earth,the sun and moon,the plants and animals,you and me into existence.The Lord and God doesn't need anyone to interpret His word differently than what He says.The Word of the Lord Jesus Christ says in 2nd Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpertation."I know most people want truth in their life.Again the Word of God states in Romans 3:4 "Let God be true and everyman a liar." It is very important to Godthat we hear His Word of salvation for our souls.One day we are going to die,it is the day that is nsure for each of us,Hebrews 9:27"And as it is appointed unto manonce to die,but after this the judgement." Jesus Christ the Son of God came into this world to speak not His Word,but the Word of God. Jesus Christ knew He was going to suffer a brutal painful death. He came for this reason,St.John 10:10"I am come that they might have life,and that they might have it more abundantly.God gave the best and only way for man to escape hell,St John 3:16"For God so loved the world,that He gave His only begotten Son,that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish,but have everlasting life."This is the Gift from God Almighty Himself,and the Word of God asks in Hebrews 2:3"How shall we escape,if we neglect so great salvation."God is so good that He gives you and I the choice,Heaven or hell,,it is just a breath away.I myself and I know of others who have found that true peace and joy by asking Jesus Christ into our hearts andto forgive us of our sins. Oh what joy of sins forgiven!The Lord Jesus Christ says in Matthew 11:28"Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavyladen,and I willgive you rest." (You do not have to ask for that rest,but you do have to die,you do not have to go to Heaven,but you will stand at the judgement bar of God!)The Lord Jesus Christ wants to give you that perfect peace and a sound mind.A joy that is unspeakable and full of glory,the knowledge of being forgiven for every wrong you thought,said or did.Romans 3:23 says"For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God;"Come now,taste of the Lord and see He is good and it all starts at the foot of the oldrugged cross,by just praying in the privacy of wherever you are and asking the Lord Jesus Christ into your heart as yourpersonal Savior,so please say this prayer unto the Lord,My Lord and My God,have mercy upon my soul a sinner.I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God.I believe that He died upon the cross and shed His innocent Blood for the forgiveness of all my sins,I believe that God raised Jesus Christ up from the dead by the power of the Holy Ghost.I open up the door of my heart and I invite you into my heart,Lord Jesus. Wash all my sins away in the precious Blood that you shed for me.You will not turn me awayLord Jesus;you will save my soul,I know because your Word says so.Your Word says that you turn no one awayand that includes me.Therefore I know that you have heard me,and I know that you have answered me,and I know that I am saved,and I thank you Lord Jesus Christ for saving my soul.Now raise your hands toward heaven and begin praising and thanking the Lord for your Salvation,continue on and on.Now that you are saved,the Lord has another gift for you,it is called,the Baptism of the Holy Ghost which you need to read about in the book of Acts.Feel free to call or write,Les Wood,(904) 797-4147249 Marius ct. Saint Augustine Florida,32086.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Are they really contradictions or is it that you don't understand the whole concept? If I don't understand something in the Bible straight away that does not take away or sway my belief in Jesus Christ that he died for my sins and made place for me in Heaven. He lives in me through His Holy Spirit that I can really feel it too, it's awesome... and having that personal,close relationship with Him...How awesome. I trust Him that he will give me right answers when I need or are ready for them. God's Word is alive and God is so much bigger than us and His understanding so much greater than ours.
smile.gif