Bible study.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marcus45

Dec 10, 2014
We are currently using the book "The Shack" as Bible study material for our Bible study. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this book?

marcus45

Dec 10, 2014
I don't think I'm applying it the same as the others in my bible study. Some of the folks thought it was non-fiction until I pointed out it was fiction. I thought it is a well written book, but as the bible study as moved along through the book I find myself pointing out parts of the book that don't seem to line up with the bible. I think I may be starting to apply the book as a "wrong book for new Christians" sort of thing. Maybe I'm being to picky.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I have also heard of some issues with that book, though I haven't read it myself despite having a copy. After investigating it briefly just now I'm glad I didn't.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it amazing how easily we may fall prey to the adversaries cunning tactic of distraction. We start out with good aim and intent, but when we allow ourselves to lose focus we either miss the target or shoot beyond the mark.
Christ charged us with the responsibility to "search the scriptures". We should carefully examine this and all that it implies and then diligently "search"!