Bibles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlies Angel

May 23, 2008
The Holy Bible has less chapters than the Catholic Bible and most Bibles have more old testament books but the Holy bible is Missing some. Does anyone know why the Holy Bible is missing chapters and are we missing crucial information?? Why aren't the chapters the same?? I thought for the most part Catholics and protestants believed the same?? I'm just confused and worried I may not be getting all if the truth.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Charlies Angel;58056)
The Holy Bible has less chapters than the Catholic Bible and most Bibles have more old testament books but the Holy bible is Missing some. Does anyone know why the Holy Bible is missing chapters and are we missing crucial information?? Why aren't the chapters the same?? I thought for the most part Catholics and protestants believed the same?? I'm just confused and worried I may not be getting all if the truth.
First of all, Catholic and Christians does not believe in the same thing at all. And you are right, the Holy Bible, and the Catholic Bible does not say the same thing either. Therefore causes confusions. Why does the Catholic Bible has more books than the Holy Bible? God does not lose some informations. It reminds me of Revelation 22:18-19, where God warns them not to add or take away...The first statement proves my first paragraph...

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
Perhaps it is not a case of losing information, but wrongfully adding it? We are not to add words to God's revelation, nor take away from it... The Roman Catholics accept some books into the OT that, IMHO, they should not, and they did not recognize these extra books as being "Scripture" until 1546! Protestant bibles reflect the same OT scriptures as the Jews use, though the order of the books is different. The books the Roman Catholics add, the Apocrypha, and not considered inerrant and inspired, though there may be some interest in them for historical reason.blessings,Ken

Charlies Angel

May 23, 2008
Thanks
smile.gif

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
It is misleading to declare the Church suddenly decided to add books in 1546. There would have been no need for a declaration if no one had been suggesting books be removed from what had been used for well over a thousand years at that point. Had Luther completely had his way, the Protestant Bible would be even shorter today.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(waquinas;58177)
It is misleading to declare the Church suddenly decided to add books in 1546. There would have been no need for a declaration if no one had been suggesting books be removed from what had been used for well over a thousand years at that point. Had Luther completely had his way, the Protestant Bible would be even shorter today.
I surely hope you know that I don't follow Luther at all.

waquinas

Apr 24, 2008
LOL, have no idea who you follow. Not sure what that has to do with the man primarily responsible for the Protestant Bible being shorter than the Catholic. Follow him or not, I would be willing to bet that like him you do have some problem with the book of James speaking about works, but that is just a guess. He did not succeed in getting that book removed or Revelation. There were a couple of others he did not care for either but I forget which ones.