Biblical and Godlical Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sanhedrin

Aug 23, 2013
Today, Christians are of two kinds, namely: ;

1. Biblical Believing Christians - those who believe in God through the bible and by what the bible says about God. To some of them but not to all, the bible is infallible and the only source and final authority in TRUTH and revelations outside of what the bible says are not acceptable to them. They are of different religious denominations with different beliefs and doctrines which they extracted from the bible. They are all bible users and they further say that the bible can teach people the truth, hence the bible is the manual to know God.

2. (God)lical Believing Christians - those who believe God as God does exist alive and real. They are those who truly trusted the Lord God as God comes to their life in the physical way of revealing things to them beyond what the bible says. The Lord God is their Good Pastor and Teacher and they all get their wisdom from the Lord God. To them, the bible is not totally the pure word of God for the bible does contain also word of Satan and his devils, letters, doctrines, traditions, and cultures of men. They only believe those things which the Lord is teaching them personally and they do not treat the bible to be infallible for only One is infallible to them - the Almighty

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how to respond to this. Are you suggesting that those who know God experientially understand the Bible to be impure???

sanhedrin

Aug 23, 2013
Wormwood said:
I don't know how to respond to this. Are you suggesting that those who know God experientially understand the Bible to be impure???

From the scriptures/bible:

Moses did experience God in God's own way in like manner that Paul did experience the Lord Jesus in Jesus' own way. God spoke to the people and the prophets in the days of the old in God's own way and He (God) spoke with the people and the apostles in the New Testament time in God's own way, bottom line here is the continuous dealings of the Lord God with the people in the OT and the NT and onward without stopping.

Question: Did God stop dealing with the people of this world after Jesus left the apostle Paul and John? Did the Lord God or Jesus leave an instruction to the disciples to teach to the people that from the time the Lord Jesus is through with his incarnation period, the scriptures will be the one to deal with the people regarding the knowledge of the way to their salvation and the way to knowing God and His will? Or is the Lord God or Jesus still active today in dealing with the people as in the days of the old?

1. Some say that God deals with us today through His Word (bible/scriptures) and their basis and authority in truth is the bible thus the Biblical Christians.

2. Other say that they met/encounter the Lord God Jesus and reveal to them things of God through present day revelation and their only basis and sole authority in truth is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself, alive and real, thus the Godlical Christians.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sanhedrin said:

1. Biblical Believing Christians - those who believe in God through the bible and by what the bible says about God. To some of them but not to all, the bible is infallible and the only source and final authority in TRUTH and revelations outside of what the bible says are not acceptable to them. They are of different religious denominations with different beliefs and doctrines which they extracted from the bible. They are all bible users and they further say that the bible can teach people the truth, hence the bible is the manual to know God.

2. (God)lical Believing Christians - those who believe God as God does exist alive and real. They are those who truly trusted the Lord God as God comes to their life in the physical way of revealing things to them beyond what the bible says. The Lord God is their Good Pastor and Teacher and they all get their wisdom from the Lord God. To them, the bible is not totally the pure word of God for the bible does contain also word of Satan and his devils, letters, doctrines, traditions, and cultures of men. They only believe those things which the Lord is teaching them personally and they do not treat the bible to be infallible for only One is infallible to them - the Almighty

The majority of Christians do not believe either, but believe that Jesus left a group of men (the apostles) as the foundation of His Church with His authority teach all that they had been taught and to build up that Church. Those in their turn passed on that teaching and authority to their successors.

It was that group of men, and their successors, that Jesus promised would be lead into all truth in the future, and that his Church would be the pillar and foundation of truth – not the Bible nor individuals.

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
I am not either of those.

I believe the Bible to be inspired but not written by God.

I believe the Bible is a good foundation for THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE RECEIVED JESUS aka Christians, and need a way to understand Him.

I believe that God reveals Himself outside the bindings of His inspired book that allows people deeper truths in their lives, but also the Bible provides a measuring device for people so they might not be deceived by falsity being served to us by our adversaries and tempters. I think personal experience and revelation are important in helping to clear up our personal misconceptions of what we read in the Bible.

I believe the contradictions we find in the Bible are in actuality failings within our own personal interpretation... That the key to eliminating those misunderstandings relies on the guidance of the the Holy Spirit, getting back to the most original language and translations we have available, and by studying the differences between what was read in the early times of Christianity, and what we have in the interpretations available now.

I believe both the Bible and personal experience are important, and one is not more important than the other.

Reactions: Dan57 and aspen

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo -

The Church is built on the foundation of the Apostles and prophets (i.e. their teachings) which are recorded in the Bible. Jesus did not build his Church on a hierarchical system, but on a knowledge of the Truth which is contained and preserved in the Bible. (In my opinion)

sanhedrin

Aug 23, 2013
Mungo said:
The majority of Christians do not believe either, but believe that Jesus left a group of men (the apostles) as the foundation of His Church with His authority teach all that they had been taught and to build up that Church. Those in their turn passed on that teaching and authority to their successors.

It was that group of men, and their successors, that Jesus promised would be lead into all truth in the future, and that his Church would be the pillar and foundation of truth – not the Bible nor individuals.

1. Where do those majority of Christians today, as you claim, base their belief about the apostles as the foundation of His Church if not from scriptures/bible? Like your belief in the above quote, what is the basis of your belief?

Eltanin said:
I am not either of those.

1. I believe the Bible to be inspired but not written by God.

2. I believe the Bible is a good foundation for THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE RECEIVED JESUS aka Christians, and need a way to understand Him.

3. I believe that God reveals Himself outside the bindings of His inspired book that allows people deeper truths in their lives, but also the Bible provides a measuring device for people so they might not be deceived by falsity being served to us by our adversaries and tempters. I think personal experience and revelation are important in helping to clear up our personal misconceptions of what we read in the Bible.

4. I believe the contradictions we find in the Bible are in actuality failings within our own personal interpretation... That the key to eliminating those misunderstandings relies on the guidance of the the Holy Spirit, getting back to the most original language and translations we have available, and by studying the differences between what was read in the early times of Christianity, and what we have in the interpretations available now.

5. I believe both the Bible and personal experience are important, and one is not more important than the other.
1. biblical believer

2. biblical believer where the way/means to know Jesus is through the scriptures/bible

3. biblical believer where anything outside the bible must be tested by the use of the scriptures/bible

4. biblical believer where the guidance of the HS is solely based on what the scripture/bible says on record

5. Are you not going to subject the truth of people's experience to the bounds and limits of the bible? To me, both are just testimonies to God. The important one that matters most is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself.
Wormwood said:
Mungo -

The Church is built on the foundation of the Apostles and prophets (i.e. their teachings) which are recorded in the Bible. Jesus did not build his Church on a hierarchical system, but on a knowledge of the Truth which is contained and preserved in the Bible. (In my opinion)
Biblical, indeed.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I believe there needs to be a balance of Spirit and Truth. Whether a believer is Godlical or Biblical is not the case we are saved and united by belief in Christ Jesus! We need to the Word (Holy Bible) and the Holy Spirit to function and live as effective Christians. For the Holy Spirit gives life and inspiration to the Word for He breathed the Word and inspired the Holy Writ their origins are in Him and thus He will not lead against His Word! The Holy Ghost leads into ALL TRUTH for He is the Spirit of Truth! Many believers have the Word but can not rightly divide or understand it because they do not allow the Holy Spirit to reveal and teach the Word to them. And also there are many believers that have the Holy Spirit and little Word and thus are running from one emotional or fanatical experience to the next. We need both the WOrd and the Holy Spirit!

Reactions: Angelina

sanhedrin

Aug 23, 2013
UHCAIan said:
I believe there needs to be a balance of Spirit and Truth. Whether a believer is Godlical or Biblical is not the case we are saved and united by belief in Christ Jesus! We need to the Word (Holy Bible) and the Holy Spirit to function and live as effective Christians. For the Holy Spirit gives life and inspiration to the Word for He breathed the Word and inspired the Holy Writ their origins are in Him and thus He will not lead against His Word! The Holy Ghost leads into ALL TRUTH for He is the Spirit of Truth! Many believers have the Word but can not rightly divide or understand it because they do not allow the Holy Spirit to reveal and teach the Word to them. And also there are many believers that have the Holy Spirit and little Word and thus are running from one emotional or fanatical experience to the next. We need both the WOrd and the Holy Spirit!
The bible is not God or Jesus Christ and if you/we have with you/us the Lord God or Jesus Christ, do you/we still want? Is there still lacking if God himself is with you/us?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wormwood said:
Mungo -

Yes, I'm sure you believe that but I believe you are wrong.

sanhedrin said:
1. Where do those majority of Christians today, as you claim, base their belief about the apostles as the foundation of His Church if not from scriptures/bible? Like your belief in the above quote, what is the basis of your belief?

Catholics and the various Orthodox groups are not sola scriptura and believe the bishops of their churches are the successors of the apostles. Doctrinal truths are not derived from the scriptures but handed down by Jesus and the apostles. Of course they can mostly be found in scripture, explicitly or implicitly. but that is only part of the way they were passed on. Remember initially all the teaching odf the apostles was oral teaching.

sanhedrin said:
1. biblical believer

2. biblical believer where the way/means to know Jesus is through the scriptures/bible

3. biblical believer where anything outside the bible must be tested by the use of the scriptures/bible

4. biblical believer where the guidance of the HS is solely based on what the scripture/bible says on record

5. Are you not going to subject the truth of people's experience to the bounds and limits of the bible? To me, both are just testimonies to God. The important one that matters most is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself.
Ubiblical beliefs (except for ."The important one that matters most is the Lord God Jesus Christ himself.")

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
Just one thing to say,
Anyone who thinks their Bible is infallible and absolutely perfect in every way is in serious error.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I personally believe the bible is infallible, however its not without a few translation errors. But a good concordance allows a person to compare and check the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts with the English translation.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
The extremes of #1 and #2 are by themselves false. Godliness is both together.
Would you say that to those who live in areas where there are no bibles?
Dan57 said:
I personally believe the bible is infallible, however its not without a few translation errors. But a good concordance allows a person to compare and check the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts with the English translation.
Bibles are compilations of various scriptures some only include canonized scriptures while others include non-canonized scripture. Bibles come in many different translations with most being translated in accordance with religious paradigm, good examples are Mormon's and JW's. Then there is KJV, which was translated according to political paradigm.

Actually more is needed than just a "good concordance" and I am assuming you mean a good Greek and Hebrew dictionary. But just like translations, many study/reference works are according to religious paradigm, so some background searching may be helpful in choosing proper study helps. Most importantly we need HolySpirit to teach us, reveal truth to us and give us a proper understanding concerning Christ.

sanhedrin

Aug 23, 2013
Robertson said:
Just one thing to say,
Anyone who thinks their Bible is infallible and absolutely perfect in every way is in serious error.
And what serious errors await them, if you may?

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
I would say the greatest serious error is the fact that it is left to men to interpret what God inspired men to write. So, since men have to interpret it, they spend more time debating the meanings than they do practicing the instructions.

musterion

Aug 4, 2013
sanhedrin said:

So which one are you?
Robertson said:
By what absolutely perfect and infallible authority do you make this judgment?

Not arguing your point, exactly - I just want to know what is the authority you're appealing to.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
sanhedrin said:
I'm sorry....did you just say that you believe that the bible holds the 'word of Satan'? That it contains Satans 'devils, letters, doctrines, traditions and also the cultures of men?'
Because if you honestly believe that, then the 'god' who is 'revealing' things to you, is not the God that we here at Christianity Board acknowledge and worship.....
So I'm really, really, hoping I've just minunderstood what you've said.....

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
The Seed (Word) needs the Water (Holy Spirit). Without the water the seed would die and lay barren yet without the seed the Water would dry up and be useless. Give me the Seed (Word) and the Water (Holy Spirit) and watch me bear fruit!!!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wondering if this can get any more muddled up and complicated......

love God and love your neighbor as yourself - this is our purpose and sanctification.