Biden - It's not Easter! It's Transgender Day!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus drew near to sinners, he didn't distance himself from them.
In reality, I think this might surprise even alarm many because it seriously challenges their attitude towards those they disagree with.
Not quite. Jesus interacted with the repentant. If you want to use the word sinner, he interacted with repentant sinners. To those happy in their sinning, like those who wanted to kill him, throw him off a cliff, he escaped through the crowd.

This alphabet people don’t want to hear our message. Sure, we can engage but we can also shake our feet to get the dust from their town. Let’s keep it real people!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus defended an adulteress. Did that mean he approved of adultery or was an adulterer?
No, Jesus absolutely did NOT defend an adulteress! No one commits adultery on their own. Where was the man? Under Jewish law, if both were caught in the act, both would face stoning. He was set in a trap but did not fall for it.

NRSV Cultural Bible Study note.

Why do you suppose he told her to sin no more? He acknowledged her guilt.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, it's okay to lie to a woman, but don't try that with a man? (male) ???
That translation sheds a whole new light on the subject. - LOL

/
Give me a break.

Romans...1: 26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. Their females exchanged natural intercourse[a] for unnatural,

( I dont think they were talking about toys... do you?)

27 and in the same way also the males, giving up natural intercourse[b] with females, were consumed with their passionate desires for one another. Males committed shameless acts with males and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean when we say that God does not change? (or never changes)

/ cc: @O'Darby @Hillsage @RedFan @Mr E

Some folks would go so far as to say that God cannot change His mind.... which of course is ridiculous-- and these are the same people that without so much as taking a breath in between, tell you also that God can do anything. ahem... except lie. God can't lie.

It gets ridiculous.

You'll find the idea exactly once in scripture. In Malachi 3:6 and nowhere else. And it's in the context of the fulfillment of His promises.

When He makes a promise, He keeps it. In that respect, He does not change.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some folks would go so far as to say that God cannot change His mind.... which of course is ridiculous-- and these are the same people that without so much as taking a breath in between, tell you also that God can do anything. ahem... except lie. God can't lie.

It gets ridiculous.

You'll find the idea exactly once in scripture. In Malachi 3:6 and nowhere else. And it's in the context of the fulfillment of His promises.

When He makes a promise, He keeps it. In that respect, He does not change.
I will never say God cannot change.... I will say God will not change.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me a break.

Romans...1: 26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. Their females exchanged natural intercourse[a] for unnatural,

( I dont think they were talking about toys... do you?)

27 and in the same way also the males, giving up natural intercourse[b] with females, were consumed with their passionate desires for one another. Males committed shameless acts with males and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.
1712072397686.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Cor 6 says gays are heading for Hell fire.
WHERE?

1 Corinthians 6
NIVNLTESVKJVNKJNAS
Lawsuits among Believers
1If any of you has a grievance against another, how dare he go to law before the unrighteous instead of before the saints!

2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?

3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

4So if you need to settle everyday matters, do you appoint as judges those of no standing in the church?

5I say this to your shame. Is there really no one among you wise enough to arbitrate between his brothers?

6Instead, one brother goes to law against another, and this in front of unbelievers!

7The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means that you are thoroughly defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?

8Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, even against your own brothers!a
Members of Christ

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts,

10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

12“Everything is permissible for me,” but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me,” but I will not be mastered by anything.

13“Food for the stomach and the stomach for food,” but God will destroy them both. The body is not intended for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

14By His power God raised the Lord from the dead, and He will raise us also.

15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!

16Or don’t you know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”b

17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit.

The Temple of the Holy Spirit
(Romans 12:1–8; 1 Corinthians 3:16–23)

18Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a man can commit is outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

20you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.c

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some folks would go so far as to say that God cannot change His mind.... which of course is ridiculous--
To me what seems ridiculous is thinking that God is a work in process like we are.

Consider the implications of your idea here, that God may come to realize He has been wrong, and has now reached a different conclusion. That God was suprised and had to adapt. Like that.

Much love!

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone be President while in a nursing home?

He has his own nursing home people following him around

Wouldn't he look cute wearing lipstick and a tight skirt?

Pretty sure "cute" would not be the word to describe it.

But we are in this world and it is not a sin or against God's will to 'keep company' with unbelieving evil people .

Only for the purposes of witnesses to them, not for hanging out with them and be friends with them which leads to Christians being deceived in to thinking being gay is OK

This portion of scripture is still applicable since these people do not accept the teachings of Jesus:

1 Timothy 6:3-5
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Since Biden considers himself a catholic Christian and is promoting sexual immorality, the teaching is to not keep company with him.

Exactly. 1 Timothy 6:3-5 also applies to CCP biden

I think we have a BIG LGBT fan among us. Maybe we can pull him from the everlasting fire!

Only IF they turn from their sins and get right with the Lord.

I Cor 6 says gays are heading for Hell fire.

That's true and walking in Christian love includes warning people of impending doom when telling them about Jesus and His plan of salvation

Reactions: Jack

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me what seems ridiculous is thinking that God is a work in process like we are.

Consider the implications of your idea here, that God may come to realize He has been wrong, and has now reached a different conclusion. That God was suprised and had to adapt. Like that.

Much love!

I don't think anyone (but you) worded it like you did.

Yet it's undeniable that God does and has and can change His mind. Several examples are recorded in scripture.

Reactions: St. SteVen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think anyone (but you) worded it like you did.
That would make me special then!

:)

But facts are facts.

Personally I find many times that people hold to ideas without considering the implications of their views.

Much love!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally I find many times that people hold to ideas without considering the implications of their views.

I agree!

Maybe consider the implications -if He hadn't.

When Moses came down the from the mountain and saw that the people had fallen into idolatry-- God said He was ready right then, to destroy the nation. Moses pleaded, and talked Him out of it.

And the LORD changed his mind about the disaster that he planned to bring on his people (Exodus 32:14).

Need more examples?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet it's undeniable that God does and has and can change His mind. Several examples are recorded in scripture.

Only in cases where He said He was going to send judgement on someone if they don't repent and they actually repented.

In other words when the Lord makes a conditional declaration and the condition is met, then he changes His mind.

You can look at the physical anatomy of a man and a woman and tell the Lord designed the male and female body to work together sexually and since this is by design He won't ever change His mind out that which satan is lying to some about claiming He will.

The Lord has already said in His Word that homosexuality is an abomination unto Him so He's never going to change His mind about that.

Reactions: marks