Biden Sad State of the Union Speech tonight

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What little I saw of the State of the Union speech, it sounded more like a campaign speech to get elected rather than an actual state of the nation presentation.

I love this nation, but "he" does not.

When people claim that they love their nation, it usually is a signal that they have scant regard for it.

But Since I have no real interest in who gets re-elected to the top role in the USA. I would prefer that this rubbish is taken to another space, light years from here.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tragic. He was late starting and ran over his time to the end.

The SotH shaking his head on occasions was hard to miss. Sign language for,there he goes ,proving he's clueless once more.

I like how his speech writer borrowedines from Trump's former speeches,adding a tweak here or there to hide the fact just a bit. It failed.

But then again,he or she is writing for a guy who former run for office was smashed when one of his campaign speeches was found to be plagiarized almost in full.

Why should things change now?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What little I saw of the State of the Union speech, it sounded more like a campaign speech to get elected rather than an actual state of the nation presentation.

I love this nation, but "he" does not.

When people claim that they love their nation, it usually is a signal that they have scant regard for it.

But Since I have no real interest in who gets re-elected to the top role in the USA. I would prefer that this rubbish is taken to another space, light years from here.

You deliberately misquoted what I had posted by the way in which you edited the reply quote, such that the apparent quote of my post, said something very differently from what I had actually posted.

You have not won any brownie points by doing that as far as I am concerned.

Now can I guess which imposter you support?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deliberately misquoted what I had posted by the way in which you edited the reply quote, such that the apparent quote of my post, said something very differently from what I had actually posted.

Isn't their editing your post in such a way against forum rules? :(

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isn't their editing your post in such a way against forum rules? :(

You would have to ask the Moderators that question.

I believe that many of the members are much smarter than that particular member and can see through what he has done.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you expressed your distaste of Biden and said: "I love this nation, but "he" does not. When people claim that they love their nation, it usually is a signal that they have scant regard for it." A wonderfully ironic comment.

how exactly is that misquoting you?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you expressed your distaste of Biden and said: "I love this nation, but "he" does not. When people claim that they love their nation, it usually is a signal that they have scant regard for it." A wonderfully ironic comment.

how exactly is that misquoting you?

I was quoting Biden. He stated that he loved his nation and inferred that Trump did not, as part of Biden's re-election campaign. The state of the nation speech should not have been a platform to use for Biden's re-election campaign.

It seems that you did not follow the context of what I had written.

If you had noticed I also stated this: -

The forum is divided between Biden and Trump supporters, and both side are sinning in that they are acting God like in making their points.

If we take these steps, then we will be able to have who we want elected to the role of president of the USA, without any reference to God or is best for our nation.

Both sides know that the state of the Union is rotten to the core and that if those who are known by God's name would humble themselves and repent of turning away from Him and worshipping idols, then God has stated that He will hear from Heaven and heal the land. 2 Chron 7:12ff. The trouble is that both sides of the election campaign do not recognise that they are sinning and as such they believe that they have no need to repent of their continual idolatrous worship.

We are advised to consider history and to learn from the past mistakes. Sadly, few people who claim to be "Christians" have the eyes to see or the ears to hear, so that they can take the right corrective steps to heal the nation.

That was why I called the politicalisation of this "Christian Board," rubbish and suggested that "political threads" should be taken to another space, light years from here.

But because of your sacred "cow" you missed all of the context that was in my original post and as such I called you out for misquoting what I had said by altering the context of what I had posted.

Where are the so called top "Prophets" in your nation who are pointing out the actual sins within your nation and calling the nation to repentance. What I see and hear is that the prophets are calling out the manifestations of the primary sin of turning away from God and tinkering with these sins so that the nation does not have to face the major sin in your nation.

On this forum there are few indeed and the few members that call for repentance are ignored or made fun of by those who do not want to change or repent.

Shalom